Who Might Not Want A Sleep Number
- People who love memory foam Depending on what is available, there are one possibly two Sleep Number models that offer a comfort layer made with memory foam. Those who love the feel of classic memory foam will be limited on Sleep Number beds, which are at their core adjustable air beds.
- Couples who like to sleep close together One of the biggest complaints from couples is that a sagging/division is created in between the dual air chambers on the bed. Couples who like to sleep close or cuddle in the center of the bed feel as those they are sinking into the middle of the bed.
Construction And Materials Comparison
The construction of a mattress is of central importance to its feel, performance, and durability. The construction includes both the design of its layers and the actual materials used in those layers.
In general, a mattress can be understood as having two main sections:
- The comfort system is the top part and offers the most immediate effect on feel. It is normally made of polyfoam, memory foam, latex, wool, cotton, and/or polyester.
- The support core is the bottom part of the mattress. It affects the mattress feel and the performance of the comfort system. The support core also helps prevent against excessive sagging in the mattress. It can be made with polyfoam, latex, innerspring coils, or air chambers.
Both the comfort system and support core can be made up of one or more layers that can be the same or different materials. Quality components in each and every layer will help protect against a weak link that drags down the overall mattress performance.
The following sections give an overview of the construction and materials in the Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number beds. While we know the basics about what goes into them, neither company discloses all the specifications of their mattresses, which can at times make it difficult to fully compare their models.
Can I Use Regular Sheets On An Adjustable Bed
You can, but then youd have to wrestle your sheets every time you place your adjustable bed in a different position. Regular sheets are designed for beds that remain flat, which is not something adjustable beds are for.
Using regular sheets on an adjustable base would cause the sheets to wrinkle and bulk up in the middle and slip off at the corners, making you lose sleep over it. That is why there are special sheets designed for adjustable beds.
Recommended Reading: Safe Place To Sleep.org
Supima Cotton Sheet Set
- Sizes available: Queen, King, California King, Split King, Split California King, FlexTop King, FlexTop California King
- Colors available: white, gray
The Supima Cotton sheets from Sleep Number are considered to be the best set of its kind. Compared to other models that have a thread count of 300, this one provides a double figure which basically means double the comfort. These MADE IN GREEN sheets by OEKO-TEX are environmentally friendly, as they are made in sustainable facilities. Upon ordering the Supima set, you will receive one flat sheet, one fitted sheet and two pillowcases. Both the Split King and Split Cal King sets are made of 2 x Twin Extra-Long fitted sheets.
- Not a single bad review.
- High thread count of 600.
- Smooth and identical feel on both sides.
- Color options are very narrow.
- Expensive compared to other Sleep Number bed sheets.
- Sizes available: Twin Extra-Long, Queen, King, California King, Split King, FlexTop King, FlexTop California King
- Colors available: white, gray, taupe, sky blue, blush
As you wash this sheet more and more, you will notice that the amount of lint slowly decreases. But in order to ensure that you benefit from a longer lasting product, proper care is required. Since the surface acts like a magnet, the Winter set needs to be washed separately from other fabrics. Its recommended that you wash the sheets in cold water, with no added bleach or fabric softener.
The 8 Best Sheets For Adjustable Beds
We only recommend products we love and that we think you will, too. We may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which was written by our Commerce team.
In the hunt to find one of the best sheets for adjustable beds, otherwise known as split kings, you’ll have a lot of choices. But, as you already know, any old king-sized sheets won’t work on an adjustable bed. You’ll need sheets designed to fit each side of your mattress separately, giving you the flexibility to adjust the bed to suit your needs.
Consider first if you need a split king or a split California king. While most sheets for adjustable beds come in split king, there are fewer options if you need ones for a California-style bed. Then the name of the game with sheets is fabric and how it’s constructed. You can learn a lot about a set of sheets simply by looking at the fabric. And, as I combed through sheets available in split king sizes, I found that most options are made of one of three fabric styles. Here’s your guide.
Don’t Miss: Height Of Sleep Number Bed
Sheets For Adjustable Beds
If you own a king-size bed consisting of two mattresses, and you just can’t seem to find split king sheets for adjustable beds anywhere, then you’ve come to the right place. At Lands’ End, we are proud to supply a wide range of split king sheet sets in a variety of shades and styles designed to suit even the most specific of tastes and preferences. So, whether you’re simply updating a few items within the home, or you’re giving each room a full revamp, Lands’ End supplies a range of home supplies which can often be difficult to find.
If you’re shopping for split king bed sheets, you might also want to update a few other bed essentials at the same time. For a sophisticated and low-key look, choose a duvet cover in a shade such as white, gray, or silver for a truly luxurious look. If it’s comfort and warmth you’re after, or if you simply live in a region with chilly nights, investing in a soft and comfortable fleece blanket is always a great idea. To add a stylish finishing touch to your bed, invest in some high-quality throw pillows to complete the look.
Split king-size beds can be a highly effective option for many people. Couple with differing sleep schedules can be active without disturbing the other partner. It is also much easier to move two separate, smaller mattresses than one large mattress. However, finding sheets for adjustable beds and split top king sheets can often be difficult.
Trials Warranty And Delivery
|15 Year, Limited||$199 for White Glove delivery to all 50 states|
The process and logistics associated with buying a mattress online are different from the traditional brick-and-mortar experience. For customers, it tends to be more convenient to buy online, but there can be some confusion about exactly how it works.
The next three sections cover topics that are frequently asked about by people who are shopping for a mattress online for the first time.
Recommended Reading: Sleep Number Free Home Delivery
Why Are Split King Beds And Sheets Growing In Popularity
Due to the flexibility and many benefits they offer, split king beds are becoming an extremely popular choice with mattress manufacturers and for consumers looking to invest in a new mattress. Whether its a standard split king bed or an adjustable split king bed, there are many benefits that make them a great option.
Modular & Adjustable Bases
Since Sleep Number is all about individualized comfort, it is not surprising that they also make different types of bases for the mattress.
Sleep Number makes one modular base and three different adjustable bases for their mattresses: FlexFit 1, FlexFit 2 and FlexFit 3.
Note: A Sleep Numbers modular or adjustable base is not the only base that works with a Sleep Number mattress. All one needs to have is a flat and sturdy surface for the mattress or the individual may potentially void his or her warranty.
Recommended Reading: How Does Sleep Make You Lose Weight
Benefits Of Tencel Split King Adjustable Sheets
If you are looking for sheets for adjustable beds, you might want to consider Tencel split king adjustable sheets because they are extremely strong but has a soft and smooth consistency. The fibers are made from the pulp of the eucalyptus wood instead of cotton hence the superior strength. Compared to cotton, Tencel sheets are softer which makes it a good option for those who have sensitive skin. Another plus to using this type of sheet for XL mattresses, queen mattress, split queen mattress, or extra-long mattresses is that it can wick the moisture from your skin, so you will feel comfortable throughout the night as you sleep.
Essential Fit Cotton Sheet Set
- Sizes available: Twin, Twin Extra-long, Full, Queen, Expanded Queen, King, Split King, FlexTop King, California King, Split California King, FlexTop King
- Colors available: wheat, white, ivory, steel blue, light gray, sage, poppy, wine, dark teal, navy
Made from a combination of 95% cotton and 5% elastane, the Essential Fit sheet set features a 300-thread count, providing softness and durability. The ExactFit design will ensure that the sheets move along with you, but with a quick recovery the next day. The SmartFit design will keep the sheets securely in one place, even as you move around during your sleep. Edges are elastic and feature an added anchor band, for extra peace of mind.
Upon your order of the Essential Fit Cotton sheet set, you will receive both a fitted sheet, as well as a flat one. The Split King size is an exception, as it comes with one extra fitted sheet. The Twin and Twin Extra-long sizes will be delivered with a single pillow case, while all the other models feature 2 pillow cases. The sheets can easily be cleaned in your washing machine, by selecting a gentle washing cycle.
- Available in 11 different sizes.
- Available in 10 different colors.
- Features a thread count of 300 .
- Larger size options provide one extra pillow case.
- Split King size comes with an extra fitted sheet.
- Material not as soft and dense as on sheets with higher thread count.
- Surface feels a bit itchy.
Also Check: Sleep Number Store Waco Tx
Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Vs Cozy Earth Bamboo Sheets
Both of these sheets are known for their lightweight, cool design. The main difference is in their construction. Sleep Number True Temp sheets are made from lightweight cotton. They also are designed with cooling technology which adjusts to your specific body temperature so you can sleep cool throughout the entire night.
Instead of cotton, Cozy Earth Bamboo sheets are made from 100% viscose from bamboo. This makes them softer than True Temp sheets. While they are made of a moisture wicking, soft material, they dont sleep as cool as True Temp sheets.
Who Should Get True Temp Sheets
- Hot sleepers
- Fans of lightweight, cotton sheets
Who Should Get Cozy Earth Bamboo Sheets
- Sleepers looking for some of the softest sheets on the market
- Folks looking for a hypoallergenic option
Read our Cozy Earth sheets review.
The Most Popular Sleep Number
The most popular Sleep Number is in the 35-40 range. When I asked a representative why this is range is so popular, I was told: Sleep Number is really based on personal preference and what is most comfortable for each person, the 35-45 range gives great support and pressure relief for most.
Sleep Number also told us that, in terms of models, some common options are the C2 for the price point, P5 for the best value, and I8 for best comfort and the added cooling.
Recommended Reading: Modular Base For Sleep Number Bed
Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Overview
Sleep Number is known for adding the most current sleep technology to their products, and the True Temp sheets are no exception. These sheets will keep you cool throughout the night thanks to the cooling technology in their construction.
In addition to their cooling technology, theyre designed to fit snugly against your mattress and not wrinkle. With True Temp, your sheets will no longer come off your mattress but will instead sit snug and tight no matter how much you toss and turn during the night.
Who Might Like Sleep Number True Temp Sheets
- People looking for some of the best cotton sheets
- Those looking for a cool nights sleep
- Folks who want to make sure their sheets are snug throughout the night
Who Might Not Like Sleep Number True Temp Sheets
- Those looking for a budget-friendly option
- Those who dont own other sleep number bedding products. However, you can use these sheets without other products.
- Those looking for hypoallergenic sheets
Modular & Adjustable Base Descriptions
This modular bed base is a standard base that is designed to be both sturdy and durable. Sleep Number says it will last 20 years or more and prevent sagging in the mattress. It is also easy to get through narrow spaces and set up in smaller rooms so it could be ideal for apartment living.
Raises the head of the bed one remote will control the elevation of the bed and adjust the Sleep Number in the same device.
The most popular FlexFit Base. It raises the head of the bed like the FlexFit 1 and offers the following additional features:
- A Zero Gravity option that raises the head and foot in a way that leaves the sleeper feeling weightless
- Partner Snore technology allows one partner to raise the other partners head
- Timer feature changes the raised part of the bed at a certain time in an effort to shift the sleeper into a different position at a designated time.
Includes all of the features in FlexFit 2 and the following features:
- Turn on a soft light under the bed and control the nightstand lamps with one button
- Massage soothes tired muscles and leaves the sleeper feeling rejuvenated
***From Sleep Number: The FlexFit adjustable base is not covered under our 100-Night In-Home Trial and is non-returnable. Delivery and set up outside the standard Comfort Service. When purchasing online, one must select the Home Delivery option. Standard UPS shipping is not available for adjustable bases.***
Don’t Miss: Sleep Number Bed P5 Vs I8
Ratings And Reviews Common Praise
- Couples love being able to personalize the firmness of their side of the bed. The dual air chambers available on most models means that someone who prefers a firmer bed doesnt have to compromise with a partner who likes more cushion. If one person likes to sleep on their side and another doesnt, they have a great solution here.
- People with back problems or medical issues that require them to sit up at different points love the flexibility of Sleep Number beds. They can adjust the firmness of their bed for a couple of nights if needed and can raise/lower the head of their bed with a FlexFit Adjustable Base depending on their current needs.
- There was heavy praise for the longevity and durability of the Sleep Number bed.People came back to Sleep Numbers site to say theyve had their bed for 10+ years and they are still comfortable. Of course, not everyone was able to stay comfortable in their bed for a decade without experiencing issues, but people tended to have their Sleep Number bed for a long time.
RELATED: Best Customizable Mattresses
Who Makes Sleep Number Beds
Sleep Number beds are made by Select Comfort Corporation , which is a public company. They design, manufacture, market, and distribute beds, proprietary beds, and other sleep-related accessory products and are headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Select Comfort was founded by Robert Walker and JoAnn Walker in 1987. Today, the company has around 3,700+ employees and was listed as the 87th best Small Company in America by Forbes.
Select Comfort has two manufacturing plants one in Irmo, South Carolina and the other in Salt Lake City, Utah which distribute products in the United States and Canada.
Read Also: Why Did I Pee In My Sleep Last Night
How To Choose The Right Model
There are several resources and ways to decide which mattress is the best match.
Sleep Numbers website offers details, photos, FAQs, and images of each Sleep Number bed. They let potential customers compare models across series and have a Live Chat feature that should answer virtually any question. People can also get a quote or make a purchase online and through the Live Chat feature.
Sleep Number sells their beds in Sleep Number stores nationwide. Sleep Number Customer Service was unable to tell me exactly how many stores there are but estimated somewhere near 400.
Sleep Number stores can be found across the country, including Alaska and Hawaii. There are no international stores at the moment.
A sales representative at the store can help anyone who walks in find their Sleep Number and guide them towards the right model. They have a variety of beds out and available for testing if a person wants to feel one before he or she makes a purchase.
Beds come with a 30 or 100 night trial period plus a 25-year limited warranty.
Can You Use Split King Sheets On A King Size Bed
No. For those wondering whether investing in split king sheets is a good idea for your king size mattress, split king sheets are not adaptable on a king size bed. Split king adjustable bed sheets are designed specifically for split type adjustable beds. Typically, a mattress set comes with 2 fitted sheets to cover the twin XL mattresses. It also comes with king pillowcases. A mattress protector also includes 2 pieces to accommodate the two beds in order to protect it from dust mites.
What is the perfect bedding for your adjustable bed frame? Organic cotton bedding will ensure a better nights sleep regardless of whether your twin XL mattress is made from memory foam, innerspring or latex. When looking at bedding, take into account the comfort, price, durability, and strength of your bed sheets to get the best value for your money. Once you find the best brand and style for your split king adjustable bed, you may find it hard getting out of your bed.
Don’t Miss: Sleep Number Bed 360 Reviews