Eight Sleep Pod Pro Mattress
Last, but not least, take a look at the Eight Sleep Pod Pro Mattress. Unlike the other smart beds on our list, this mattress does not include air chambers. Rather, it features layers of memory foam and polyfoam that provide bounce and pressure-relieving properties.
The biometric sensors integrated into the mattress allow individuals to track their sleep time, sleep stages, amount of tossing and turning throughout the night, and other important metrics to evaluate sleep quality. Eight Sleep offers a free app that users can download to view this data and help them identify ways to improve their sleep.
With the dual-zone cooling and heating feature, individuals can indicate their temperature preferences for a more comfortable sleep. You can create a schedule to have the mattress warm up or cool down during the times you know you tend to get too warm or cold overnight.
This mattress also includes Eight Sleeps exclusive GentleRise Wake Up Technology. Set your preferred wake-up time, and the mattress can gradually cool down or warm up and vibrate to help you wake up more naturally.
Full, queen, king, and California king mattress sizes of the Pod Pro Mattress are available for purchase. If youre interested in trying out this smart mattress from Eight Sleep, the company offers a 100-night trial. Free shipping and a 10-year limited warranty are also included with each purchase.
Selecting A Bed And Preparing For Delivery
If you’re seriously considering getting a 360 Smart Bed, I strongly suggest speaking with one of the company’s Sleep Professionals, who can assess your needs, give you a rundown of the different models and features, and help you pick the best model for you.
Sleep Number’s beds are expensive, but the company often runs promotions, so wait for a deal if you can. At the time of this writing, it’s offering $800 off 360 Smart Beds as part of a fall sale. The company also occasionally waives its $199 premium delivery and setup fee, which is otherwise required with the purchase of any 360 Smart Bed.
To make the cost more manageable, Sleep Number offers financing options through Synchrony Financial starting at $45 per month. For peace of mind, the company also offers a 100-night trial and a 15-year limited warranty.
Before receiving my review unit, I was a little nervous about whether it would work with my current bed frame, and I’m happy to report that it does. The FlexFit base needs to sit directly on the floor, but in many cases, can be dropped into your existing bed frame, as is the case with my setup. Sleep Number says it won’t work with platform furniture and frames with under-bed storage.
Can You Put A Sleep Number Bed In A Regular Bed Frame
While Sleep Number beds work well with most bed frames, you should make sure that the frame has a solid foundation. A platform bed with slats further apart than 2 and box springs are both poor options for a Sleep Number bed. If youre pairing the mattress with a base, keep in mind that FlexiFit bases have adjustable features that need to be taken into account when thinking about a bed frame.
- Mattress Reviews
To support our work we earn a commission if you purchase through some of the links listed below at no additional cost to you. We may also review products weve received for free. This does not influence our opinions, but we believe in transparency so you can make informed choices. The Sleep Judge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other similar affiliate advertising programs which are designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to such affiliates websites such as Amazon.com.
The information contained on The Sleep Judge is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Any statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA and any information or products discussed are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent any disease or illness. Please consult a healthcare practitioner before making changes to your diet or taking supplements.
Copyright – 2021 – The Sleep Judge
You May Like: Sleep Number High Point Nc
Common Praise: What Makes These Mattresses Stand Out
- For many, the Responsive Air technology is a nice benefit. One buyer wrote, The bed also takes any pressure away while I sleep! Great technologies!
- Those with adjustable bases enjoy being able to sleep with their head and/or feet elevated. I am sleeping better because of head elevation. It helps me breathe better and sleep more restful, one review says.
- Some people like the app that accompanies the mattresses and the data it collects about their sleep. The two best features we like are the ability to use different sleep settings and in the morning comparing our sleep quality stats, one review says.
What Type Of Damage Is Covered
Mattress warranties cover defects in workmanship or materials, not normal wear and tear. This begs the question, what is considered a covered defect versus wear and tear?
Every mattress company has different guidelines as to what they consider a defect. To know whats covered, you must get into a warrantys fine print. Fortunately, weve done that for you!
Heres whats covered under the Sleep Number warranty.
- Firmness Control System: Every part of the mattress involved in firmness control is covered by the warranty. This includes the air pump, air chambers, and hose. Additionally, the hardware that supports Responsive Air technology is covered.
- SleepIQ Hardware and Software: While much of the SleepIQ system coverage is outlined in the SleepIQ User Agreement, the hardware and software that facilitate this Smart Bed technology is covered under the warranty.
Also Check: Sit And Sleep Customer Service Number
How Comfortable Is The Sleep Number Mattress
In the past, one partner often had to compromise on mattress choice. If you preferred a firm mattress, but your partner preferred a soft mattress, someone had to give in. Fortunately, Sleep Number changed the landscape for bed-sharers searching for the perfect mattress.
A Sleep Number mattress can be adjusted to individual preferences. This means no one has to compromise on the comfort they prefer.
Other Products Sold By Sleep Number
Sleep Number also offers a handful of other products to go along with your mattress purchase.
- Bases: You can choose an adjustable or integrated base for your Sleep Number mattress.
- Headboards: You can purchase a decorative headboard from Sleep Number to complete the look of your mattress and base.
- Pillows: Sleep Number offers a wide selection of pillows. You can even get help choosing the best pillow for your needs and preferences in-store.
- Bedding: You can find a complete line of protective and decorative bedding from Sleep Number.
Also Check: How To Sleep With Pneumonia Cough
The Sleep Number Bed Warranty Fine Print
- SleepIQ technology: The warranty states that the SleepIQ reports and functionality are not covered under the warranty. We followed up with their customer service team to clarify if the SleepIQ hardware was covered. We were told that SleepIQ hardware and software defects are covered, but other difficulties with SleepIQ are not.
- Pre-owned mattresses : Secondary purchasers through third-party resellers from places like Amazon, Craigslist, or Ebay only have coverage during the first warranty year. This first year starts on the day that the original purchaser bought the new bed through Sleep Number or an authorized reseller. For years 2-14, only the original purchaser is covered.
- Loss of use is not covered: The warranty does not cover any inconvenience incurred by you due to a defect. This means you wont be reimbursed if you need to buy a replacement mattress during repair times, for having to reinstall a replacement mattress, or any other inconvenience.
- Commercial use is not covered: Sleep Number warranty applies to mattresses purchased for personal use. Commercial use, such as use in a hotel or an Airbnb, is not covered.
Related:Sleep Number Bed Complaints
Sleep Number 360 I8 Smart Bed
- Tracks sleep, heart rate, and respiration
- Excellent companion app
Changing your mattress can be a nerve-wracking experience. Without actually sleeping on it, it’s hard to know whether it will be too hard, too soft, or hurt your back. Sleep Number’s 360 Smart Beds are expensive, but eliminate those worries with a companion app that lets you easily adjust the mattress from ultra-soft to extra-firm, or anywhere in between. Since we last reviewed a Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed in 2018, the company has added new health and wellness features and revamped its SleepIQ app, compelling us to revisit the product.
The 360 i8 Smart Bed we tested this time around offers the same core features for which Sleep Number is knownadjustability on both sides for different sleepers, automatice firmess adjustments, and sleep trackingwith a temperature-balancing surface that keeps you cool, and a base that can elevate your feet to improve circulation and warm them to help you drift off faster. Priced at $3,799 for the queen size mattress we tested , it’s a sizable investment, but if you’re in search of a comfortable, customizable bed to monitor and improve your shut eye, the Sleep Number 360 i8 earns our Editors’ Choice award.
You May Like: Manifest Weight Loss While You Sleep
Are Sleep Number Beds Overpriced
It is a pricey alternative for those who sleep alone and like a consistent hardness level. However, for couples who have dramatically different preferences in terms of mattress firmness, those adjustable, air-filled chambers may be well worth the investment.
Why You Should Trust Us
As a senior staff writer at Wirecutter, Ive spent over two years covering sleep and mattresses. Im the author of Wirecutters mattress buying guide, foam mattress guide, innerspring mattress guide, and sleep tracker guide. Ive slept on dozens of different mattresses at home, sampled dozens more in-store, visited mattress factories, and attended mattress trade shows. Ive also spent countless hours interviewing dozens of sleep and mattress experts about good sleep hygiene, pressure-point relief, and proper spinal alignment in bed. For this guide, I made two visits to the Sleep Number store in New York City to try its offerings. I also slept on the Sleep Number 360 p6 in my home for about three weeks.
You May Like: How To Set Sleep Timer On Iphone Podcast
Controlling Your Bed And Finding Your Sleep Number
The SleepIQ app is well organized and easy to navigate, with three tabs on the bottom: Sleep, Bed, and Profile.
In the Bed tab, you can adjust your Sleep Number setting, control the FlexFit base, and set up bedtime Routines so the foot warmer is on when you tuck in at night. Here, you can also enable/disable the Responsive Air, underbed lighting, and sleep tracking features.
Your Sleep Number can range from 5 to 100 , and is adjustable in increments of 5. The SleepIQ app offers a useful feature that can help you find your ideal setting, though it still takes some trial and error. Navigate to Bed > Sleep Number Setting > Find Favorite, and the app will let you test a range of firmness levels.
Since it can take some time to get used to a new mattress, Sleep Number recommends trying your selected firmness setting for two to five nights. If you’re not comfortable, try adjusting it by 5 or 10. Increasing the number will increase the firmness, and vice versa. I like my mattress on the softer side, so I kept my Sleep Number at 30 for the first few nights. That was a little too soft, so I increased it to 45, which feels perfect.
How Much Is A King Size Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed Cost
Over the course of several years, Sleep Number integrated the technology into its smart beds. With the new automatic adjustment functions and, of course, the foot warmers, the 360 simply puts everything together in a single package. The king-sized 360 starts at $4,000 and goes up from there.
Read Also: Sleep Number C2 Mattress Reviews
Who Might Not Like A 360 Smart Bed By Sleep Number
- People who are not into technology. A 360 Smart Bed requires a wifi connection to work, and the accompanying app requires a smartphone to use. If youre not big into technology or dont love the idea of having a connected bed, a 360 Smart Bed is likely not the best option for you.
- People who love memory foam. The 360 Smart Beds feel different from a traditional memory foam mattress option because they include layers of material over an air chamber. They may not have the same sinking, enveloping feeling that memory foam traditionally provides.
- Couples who like to cuddle while they sleep. Because the larger mattresses have two separate air chambers for adjustable firmness, many people report that theres a valley or division in the middle of the bed. This can feel uncomfortable to lie on.
- People working with a limited budget. The 360 Smart Bed series is quite expensive, starting at $999 for a mattress alone . Someone on a limited budget may want to look into less expensive options.
Sleep Number 360 I8 Smart Mattress
The Innovation 360 Smart Bed i8 has a 6″ comfort layer with two different types of foam for support and pressure relief. There is also a special material in the surface of the mattress that releases heat so the mattress keeps its cool.
The i8 and the iLE have the same, deep 6-inch comfort layer. The comfort layer in the i10 is 7 inches thick. Overall, these are the plushest mattresses in the entire brand.
You May Like: Are Sleep Number Beds Worth The Price
How To Choose A Sleep Number Frame For Your Needs
Its clear that you have many different options to provide the correct support for your Sleep Number Bed. Whether you decide to use your own frame and provide added support or buy a new bed, your decision should be based on:
- The ability to provide a proper fit for the bed, and the correct support to avoid voiding the warranty and use the bed as it was designed to be used.
- Your own personal taste and style for home decor and comfort.
Sleep Number 360 I10 Smart Bed
Sleep Number was one of the first mattress companies to offer adjustable air chambers in their beds and has recently begun integrating more smart technology into their product line. The Sleep Number 360 i10 Smart Bed is one of the companys most advanced options available today.
As with all their beds, individuals can find their sleep number, or their preferred firmness level, and independently adjust the air chamber on their side of the bed to that level. However, unlike some of the more basic models from Sleep Number, the 360 i10 Smart Bed automatically adjusts the firmness on each side in response to a sleepers movements overnight.
This mattress also features Sleep Numbers Sleep IQ technology. Biometric sensors in the mattress record measurements for movements, breathing rate, and heart rate overnight. Users can use the smart app to view data based on these metrics to assess their sleep quality and to measure sleep duration. The app also uses your data to offer personalized tips to help improve the quality of sleep you get each evening.
You can purchase Sleep Numbers 360 i10 Smart Bed in queen, king, split king, FlexTop king, California king, split California king, or FlexTop California king sizes. Sleep Number offers a 100-night trial, a 15-year limited warranty, and home delivery and setup options with their mattresses.
What Type Of Sleep Number Frames Do These Mattresses Work With
You can purchase beds and frames that work with the Sleep Number 360 Smart Beds directly from Sleep Number. You are not required to use Sleep Numbers modular or adjustable bases with your Sleep Number mattress, but you do need a flat and sturdy surface to place the mattress on, so you dont risk voiding your mattress warranty.
Sleep Number mattresses come in all standard industry mattress sizes and will fit into traditional frames and furniture sets, the Sleep Number website explains.
Per the website, the Sleep Number® Integrated Base works with your existing bed furniture and any decor to provide a firm, level surface for your mattress. The modern, clean lines add a premium feel to any décor. Designed specifically for the Sleep Number 360® smart bed, it coordinates with the mattress and holds the Firmness Control system with one plug into a wall outlet.
On the FlexFit 1 adjustable base , you can:
- Raise the head of your bed to read, watch TV, or sleep in ideal comfort
- Adjust your beds firmness and elevation with the touch of a button
Theres a FlexFit 2 adjustable base with the following technology:
- Partner Snore technology, which lets you gently raise your partners head if they are snoring
- Zero gravity technology, which raises the head and foot of the bed in a way that leaves you feeling weightless
- The option to adjust your beds firmness and elevation at the touch of a button
- A timer feature that returns you to your favorite sleeping position
Sleep Number Offers Three Different Mattress Models
Sleep Number offers three main categories of mattresses: the Classic Series, the Performance Series, and the Innovation Series. Each series includes dual adjustability, Responsive Air technology, and Sleep IQ technology. Each series also has unique features that will help you decide which option is best for you.
- Classic Series: The two mattress models in the classic series are the c2 and c4. The main difference between these two options is that the c2 has a 2 gel-infused comfort layer while the c4 has a 3 gel-infused comfort layer. If youre looking for a combination of affordability and comfort, the classic series has a lot to offer.
- Performance Series: The mattress models in the performance series include the p5, pSE, and p6. The p5 comes with a 4 layer of pressure-relief cushions, and the pSE adds temperature-balancing comfort. The p6 has a 5 comfort layer as well as cooling technology.
- Innovation Series: The innovation series models include the i8 and the i10. The i8 has a 6 layer of pressure-relieving comfort layers and a temperature-balancing sleep surface. The i10 comes with 7 of comfort layer and cooling technology. If youre looking for all of the latest features in comfort, the innovation series is the way to go.
You May Like: Lasik Eye Surgery Do They Put You To Sleep