A Smarter Night’s Sleep
The Sleep Number 360 i8 Smart Bed keeps your body cool thanks to its temperature-balancing sleep surface, while the FlexFit 3 base warms your feet with a built-in heater. Its excellent SleepIQ companion app allows for truly customizable comfort, letting you adjust the firmness and the position of the mattress to suit your preferences. It tracks your sleep health and biometrics, and offers useful tips to help improve your shut eye. Priced at $6,198 for the mattress and base configuration we tested, it will put a dent in your bank account, but a good night’s rest is crucial for health, and the Sleep Number i8 makes every night a dream, earning it our Editors’ Choice award.
If a Sleep Number is out of your budget, however, the Eight Sleep Pod Pro Mattress looks to be a promising alternative. It isn’t adjustable like a Sleep Number, but it tracks similar sleep and health metrics, supports dual-zone heating and cooling, and can vibrate to wake you up without disturbing your partner. We haven’t tested it yet, but an older Eght Sleep model scored well, and at half the price of the Sleep Number, it’s worth a look.
Controlling Your Bed And Finding Your Sleep Number
The SleepIQ app is well organized and easy to navigate, with three tabs on the bottom: Sleep, Bed, and Profile.
In the Bed tab, you can adjust your Sleep Number setting, control the FlexFit base, and set up bedtime Routines so the foot warmer is on when you tuck in at night. Here, you can also enable/disable the Responsive Air, underbed lighting, and sleep tracking features.
Your Sleep Number can range from 5 to 100 , and is adjustable in increments of 5. The SleepIQ app offers a useful feature that can help you find your ideal setting, though it still takes some trial and error. Navigate to Bed > Sleep Number Setting > Find Favorite, and the app will let you test a range of firmness levels.
Since it can take some time to get used to a new mattress, Sleep Number recommends trying your selected firmness setting for two to five nights. If you’re not comfortable, try adjusting it by 5 or 10. Increasing the number will increase the firmness, and vice versa. I like my mattress on the softer side, so I kept my Sleep Number at 30 for the first few nights. That was a little too soft, so I increased it to 45, which feels perfect.
What Do The Numbers Mean
Your Sleep Number setting is your personal number that matches your ideal firmness and support.
The numbers are from 0 to 100. The higher the number, the firmer the mattress. Air is released from the chambers as the numbers get lower. You may ask the salesperson at the store to help you find your Sleep Number for you. You may also have a trial and error period to find your perfect sleep number setting.
Interesting fact: The most popular sleep number settings are between 35 and 40.
Also Check: Does Medicare Cover Sleep Apnea Oral Appliance
Structure Of Dreamcloud Mattress
The manufacturing of this DreamCloud mattress can be considered as artisanal.
DreamCloud has two versions of mattresses you can choose:
Both come with 365-night home trial, forever guarantee, free delivery and returns, but the main differences between the two will be the number of layers and height. Lets see the components and layers of each:
What To Look Forward To
In 2022, Sleep Number is releasing its Climate 360 Smart Bed, which is said to be responsive to both temperature and firmness preferences. The company says the bed will have sensors to measure sleep-tracking data like your heart, heart-rate variability, and breathing rate. Among other features, the mattress will automatically adjust firmness in response to your movements, and warm or cool the bed based on your body temperature. Sleep Number also now offers a kids bed.
Further reading on mattresses
Recommended Reading: Mathis Brothers Sleep Center Edmond
Sleep Number Mattress Reviews
Learn why people have been turning to Sleep Number beds for decades to satisfy their customizable bed needs.
In This Review
When it comes to adjustable airbeds, Sleep Number is probably one of the first brands that comes to mind. Sleep Numbers luxury adjustable mattresses are perfect for couples or people who are just looking for their ideal level of firmness or comfort. There are 5 mattress collections in Sleep Numbers arsenal, and we are going to explore each in depth, so keep reading for a deeper dive.
Sleep Number 360 I8 Smart Mattress
The Innovation 360 Smart Bed i8 has a 6″ comfort layer with two different types of foam for support and pressure relief. There is also a special material in the surface of the mattress that releases heat so the mattress keeps its cool.
The i8 and the iLE have the same, deep 6-inch comfort layer. The comfort layer in the i10 is 7 inches thick. Overall, these are the plushest mattresses in the entire brand.
Recommended Reading: Best Sleep For Weight Loss
Construction Of Dreamcloud Mattress
The manufacturing of the DreamCloud mattress can be regarded as artisanal.
DreamCloud has two versions of mattresses you can select:
Both come with 365-night house trial, forever warranty, free delivery and returns, but the main differences between the two are the number of layers and height. Lets see the components and layers of each:
Compare With Other Brands
There are tons of great mattresses on the market out there, brands such as Beautyrest Black, Shifman, New Purple, Sleep Number 18, Leesa Sapira, Casper Wave, Kluft, Stearns & Foster, and the list continues, but going through each brands website would be a daunting task.
So, we have decided to send you to a matrix page where you have the ability to find all the main advantages of each brand in one place.
Read Also: How Big Is A Sleep Number King Size Bed
Skip Sleep Number C2 If
- You want to keep things simple. The c2 model requires the use of either the Sleep IQÂ® mobile app or Sleep Number remote to control the firmness level. If you aren’t particularly tech saavy, this might not be the right choice for you.
- You want an all-foam mattress. All Sleep Number Classic Series models, including c2, use air chambers at their core to pump more or less air depending on your controlled settings.
The Weight Of 130 Lbs Or Less
Its obvious that weight can put more or less pressure on the mattress. Light sleepers should be comfortable with a softer mattress, as their bodies wont sink into the mattress itself. Soft mattresses are often made of materials such as memory foam, which adds a little bit of temperature to your sleep. Always take that into consideration when youre purchasing a mattress, as airflow and level of breathability are super-important in such a case.
You May Like: Sleep Number Bed Factory Outlet
Why You Should Trust Us
As a senior staff writer at Wirecutter, Ive spent over two years covering sleep and mattresses. Im the author of Wirecutters mattress buying guide, foam mattress guide, innerspring mattress guide, and sleep tracker guide. Ive slept on dozens of different mattresses at home, sampled dozens more in-store, visited mattress factories, and attended mattress trade shows. Ive also spent countless hours interviewing dozens of sleep and mattress experts about good sleep hygiene, pressure-point relief, and proper spinal alignment in bed. For this guide, I made two visits to the Sleep Number store in New York City to try its offerings. I also slept on the Sleep Number 360 p6 in my home for about three weeks.
Features Of Sleep Numbers Mattresses
Dual Air Technology
The air chambers inside the mattress use a pump to inflate and deflate according to your numbers. Each side has its own chamber to adjust the firmness individually.
This pump is said to be quiet and most clients dont get bothered by it, but some light sleepers can be woken up by the noise that the machine produces.
The Sleep Technology that is offered in every model tracks how you sleep and stores the data so you can refer to it to make adjustments in your Sleep Number. These are a few apps that support Sleep Technology from Sleep Numbers bed.
- Apple Health
Sleep Number beds offer exceptional motion isolation so that you dont have to be kept awake at night by your partners tossing and turning. You both sleep with your individual Sleep Number setting.
You can add the FlexFit base to your Sleep Number mattress for added individual comfort and customization. The mattress can raise your head slightly to help reduce snoring during the night.
Recommended Reading: Michael Sealey Sleep Hypnosis For Anxiety Reduction & Reversal
Is The Sleep Number C2 Right For You
Now that weve broken down the ins and outs of the c2, here are the main reasons this mattress might be a great fit for you:
- You sleep on your back or side. If youre a stomach sleeper, you should probably avoid the c2. Its just too firm to support a belly sleeper. That said, many reviewers, gave it rave reviews for people who need extra firm support if they sleep on their back or side.
- Youre on a budget. While this mattress definitely isnt cheap, its more affordable than the other Sleep Number options. Considering it is adjustable and comes with a warranty makes the price seem reasonable.
- You sleep with a partner. Who can forget this bed adjusts on either end! If you sleep with a partner you no longer have to worry about fighting over the best mattress for both of you, given you can each adjust the firmness on your side to your liking.
- You dont mind dealing with technology. I said it many times and Ill say it again: there are a lot of extras that come with the c2. While theyre all fairly straightforward and durable, you might need to be good at troubleshooting problems. If youre not technology-inclined, this might not be your best bed option.
Sleep Number C2 And C4 Mattresses: A Comprehensive Overview
Every sleeping connoisseur knows that mattresses should have one of two core qualities: firmness or softness. Generally, people have to choose one over the other when buying their bedding option by looking for the right mattress. However, Sleep Numbers air bed collection makes it accessible for people to adjust the right mattress, all with a touch of a button.
Sleep Numbers 360 Smart Beds classic series offers adjustable air beds to sleepers at an affordable price range. Its C2 and C4 models have dual-air chamber support core, allowing different firmness levels by simply adding or removing air with just one touch. If youre considering whether you should buy the C2 and C4 models for your home, this comprehensive overview is for you.
In this review, well evaluate Sleep Numbers C2 and C4 models on three essential qualities you need to consider:
Also Check: Best Mattress For 300 Pound Side Sleeper
Why Pick This Over Other Sleep Numbers
The C2 model is the most basic Sleep Number mattress offered. It is also the least expensive. If someone was looking for a Sleep Number bed but did not want to break the bank then this could be a good option.
Every other Sleep Number bed offers a layer of foam inside the mattress. The C2 simply provides a soft fiberfill filling in the top portion of the zip-off mattress. Many people felt that they saved money by purchasing this model and providing their own 2 or 3-inch mattress topper.
Browse Sleep Number Customer Reviews
Going with the C2 and adding my own bells and whistles
Very grateful for Candid Reviewer’s advice. We were interested in the C2 after seeing the excellent rating it received from Consumer Reports, with high marks for durability, side and back sleeping. We went to the sleep number store, stuck to our plan and avoided being up- sold, and bought both the recommended fiber topper and a gel topper to experiment with once the C2 arrives. We also are using our old metal frame with a queen-size bunkie board , for a nice savings compared to the $300 foundation from sleep number. More $ for new sheets and bedding!
Not perfect but best mattress I’ve had in….well ever.
I will not buy any other bed again.
Best bed I ever had. I’m a big person 300 Plus pounds…At year 10 the pump went out and I called…they still had my info and sold me a new pump at 1/2 price. It’s went through 2 moves and is still great! My husband is also big so it stands up to heavy folks. Folks on the phone were friendly and helpful. I’m looking now to buy my son one.
So far, So Good!
Warning: Sleep Number Beds Last Only 6 Years
I wish I had not purchased this bed since I cannot find a good sleep position and will purchase another mattress
One moth in and love it, after a few tweaks
DO NOT BUY THIS BED!!!! READ YOUR WARRANTY!!!
ONLY buy the C2 mattress, no upgrades
DO NOT BUY
Love the bed, hate the technology
A review 6 years in the making
Delivery / Service
Recommended Reading: Sleep Number Bed Frederick Md
What I Found From Several Live Chat Sessions
After speaking with Sleep Number Customer Service representatives, I learned about a few extra details and clarifications that may help you decide between a C-2 or an I-8 mattress.
- Firmness: By virtue of having no comfort foam layers, the C-2 is Sleep Numbers naturally firmest mattress. Yes, you can technically adjust support levels by inflating/deflating the air chamber, but with no foam in between the mattress top and the air chamber, it is going to be a firmer mattress.
- Popularity: A Customer Service representative mentioned that a magazine named the C-2 model a Best Buy value. So I did some research and found that Consumer Reports listed the C-2 as a Best Value mattress because its performance tested just as well in back and side support as compared to the more expensive I-8.
- Cooling Technology: Sleep Number offers several mattresses with cooling options . The I-8 features a temperature balancing sleep surface which representatives told me is Outlast technology, designed to pull heat away from the body and redistribute it throughout the night to help people stay comfortable.
Pros & Cons Of Dreamcloud Mattresses
- The eight lars together ffr xllnt mb-nt-n of mfrt nd urt for the vrgrn
- DreamCloud mattress is the right choice If you are searching for a luxury mattress without having to spend a fortune
- Gd lut-n fr l spouses
- Zoning and h-gh-dn fmrvnt indents, nd lk f a burden l-m-t wrk well fr th wh are hv-r
- Sll. As it uses latex and gel-infused memory foam, it does not trap heat much whatsoever. No issues whatsoever with overheating
- High Qul-t mtr-l. Some manufacturers compromise quality to focus more on price. This isnt true of DreamCloud. You get more of what you pay for. It is really a luxury mattress at a reasonable cost
- Nt fr th consumer looking fr a mmr foam product tht is very hard. You may feel like sinking into a cloud
- Prtt hvnd difficult to move. Although when you order the DreamCloud mattress, the transport costs are covered: youll receive it wherever you need at no extra cost
- If you are the sort of person that dont like thick beds, DreamCloud isnt for you, since Its about 15 thick
Don’t Miss: Best Deals On Sleep Number Beds
Is A Sleep Number Bed For You
Sleep Number beds are for people who want control over the firmness and comfort of their mattress. Sleep Number beds tend to be more expensive than traditional mattresses on the market.
A Sleep Number bed might be the right option for you if:
- You want to control the firmness of your mattress.
- You have different sleep preferences than your partner.
- You want to monitor your sleep habits.
- You have medical issues or a physical injury.
- You want to cool down while you sleep.
- You have a good budget.
A Sleep Number bed may NOT be a good option for you if:
- You like to sleep snuggled with your partner.
- Dont like technology.
- Are easily bothered by noise.
- Are on a tight budget.
Sleep Number C2 Mattresses Vs Others
Speaking of, how does a the Sleep Number c2 compare to other types of beds? What is it really like to sleep on air rather than metal coils, foam, or springs?
Perhaps the biggest perk and differentiator of the c2 is you can easily adjust the support level, thanks to the air chamber within your mattress. Still, even with a lower Sleep Number, this specific model will be super firm because there is no foam cover. Expect a dense feel with little bounce and motion transfer that will keep your body in place.
This will feel different from mattress like Casper, that has a medium-firmness and a decent amount of bounce due to its springy comfort layer, or a Tempurpedic bed, that provides great pressure support due to the qualities of memory foam. Note: Sleep Number beds feel very different from memory foam so if you know you love memory foam, consider buying a memory foam topper for the air bed.
Also, dont forget that the Sleep Number comes with some assembly, and there is always a risk for tech issues or air loss . If you dont want to walk into or worry about any complications in the bedroom, Sleep Number might not be a great choice.
Also Check: Issues With Sleep Number Beds