Purple Mattress + Power Base
ThePurple Mattress + Power Base features a unique technology with a design and feel unlike others. The company’s Comfort Grid technology performs well in terms of pressure relief and spine alignment.
The Power Base is neatly done to elevate a user’s sleeping experience. Its combination with the mattress offers adjustable positions and full-body massage for the lower and upper body to enhance a restful sleep at night.
This Sleep Number bed alternative is a great choice for hot sleepers, courtesy of its open-grid comfort layer that dissipates heat. Some of its other impressive features include under-bed lighting, anti-snore position, zero gravity setting, customizable positions and a smooth, resonant-frequency massage.
Troubleshooting And Replacement Costs
Asupport section with content and videos to help with replacement costs and troubleshooting is available on the company’s site.
Need assistance identifying the replacement part needed? Have a warranty claim? Users that need assistance with troubleshooting or replacement parts shouldcontact the company.
Who Might Want A Sleep Number
- People who like air beds- First and foremost, the core of the Sleep Number bed is the adjustable air mattress. Those who have had a positive experience with air beds, they will probably like what Sleep Number has to offer especially with all of its adjustable features.
- Couples who sleep differently Couples who have different support level preferences may like Sleep Number beds because most beds can be made with dual air chambers that allow each person to decide how firm their side of the bed will be. Some models like the I-10 even have comfort layers that can be adjusted on each side.
- People with physical injuries or medical conditions Whether its a bad back, occasional heartburn or recovery from an accident, Sleep Numbers adjustable mattress, and FlexFit bases allow people to get comfortable easily and then re-adjust when theyre back to normal.
- People who want options and flexibility Individualized comfort is the name of Sleep Numbers game, so its no surprise that people who want to be able to change things up on a nightly basis will like these models. Sleepers can adjust the firmness, pick a model whose layers fit their needs some can even help to sleep cool and they can add a FlexFit base for even more sleeping options.
Don’t Miss: Sleep Number P5 Replacement Foam
What Makes The I10 A Smart Bed
All Sleep Number Smart Beds include smart technologies to try and up the ante in the bedroom. The main feature is their Responsive Air Technology feature, which well explain first.
- Responsive Air technology. The Responsive Air technology found in all smart series beds can sense your movements and automatically adjust your beds firmness level so youre constantly cradled well throughout the night. The air chambers have pressure sensors inside that detect where your body is and when it moves around and will make adjustments accordingly. Theres a sensor at the end of the bed that collects all the data and sends it to your Sleep Number app as well.
- Integration with SleepIQ® technology. Every mattress in the 360® series includes the SleepIQ technology, which tracks your sleep via sensors inside the mattress that measure your breathing, heart rate, and general movements. When you wake up, you get a sleep score, which provides personal insights into how well you slept during the night. The technology also connects to other Smart devices and apps, so you can track your sleep alongside your food intake and exercise regime. Currently, SleepIQ® is able to connect with Apple® Health, Fitbit®, Microsoft® Health, Nest Learning Thermostat, MapMyRun, Withings Health Mate.
Follow these steps to connect them:
Sleep Number 360 I8 Smart Bed
- Price: $$$
- Type: adjustable air bed
- Height: 12 inches
Sleep Number says their Innovation Series provides contouring and temperature control. It has a 6-inch comfort layer and fabric thats designed to absorb excess heat and keep you cool all night.
But the comfort comes at a price. This line is the most expensive of Sleep Numbers mattresses, and thats before you start upgrading.
The i8 Smart Bed has a lot of reviews: more than 26,000, with an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. More than 22,000 reviewers give it 5 stars. Many reviewers love the upgraded features, which add over $2,000 to the price tag.
Read Also: Sleep Number Twin Adjustable Base
Sleep Number Warranty Vs Ghost Smartbed Comparison
According to Sleep Number, they have so much confidence in their products’ quality that they offer awarranty of up to 15 years. The company’s A+ BBB rating further enhances the warranty. This warranty period was reduced recently from the initial 25-year warranty.
Note: Sleep Number offers two distinct 15-year mattress warranties, one for what they term as Value Beds a.k.a Comfort mattresses and another one for 360 series Smart Beds. For the smart beds, the warranty covers a firmness control system and SleepIQ software and hardware.
Sleep Number warranty is prorated meaning that the company covers the replacement or repair cost only during the first year. Once this period lapses, buyers will foot part of the cost.
Here’s a summary of the Sleep Number warranty
· Day 1the day before 1st anniversary – No cost to the buyer
· 1st anniversarythe day before 11th anniversary – Buyers pay 30% + 5% for every full ownership year
· 11th anniversary to 15th anniversary Buyers pay 85%
GhostBed mattresses are covered by Nature’s Sleep industry-leading 25-yearwarranty. During this period, the company will replace or repair any mattress, component or part should it be defective because of structural defects or faulty workmanship. The warranty is subject to the company’s conditions and limitations as contained in the warranty.
Here’s a summary of the warranty
· First 10 years No cost to the buyer
Sleep Trial And Returns
One of the main reasons that buying online is different from in-store is that you dont have the ability to lie down on the bed before making your purchase. Instead, you have a sleep trial during which you can use the mattress at home with the option to return it for a refund.
Most customers appreciate an in-home sleep trial because they can test out the mattress in real-world conditions for an extended time. This gives a clearer sense of whether a mattress works for you than just feeling it out for 15 minutes in a mattress store. During the trial, you can return the mattress if you arent satisfied, and that usually entails the company sending someone to pick it up from your home.
Both Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number provide a sleep trial with their mattresses.
- Tempur-Pedic gives customers 90 nights to try the mattress at home. You are required to keep the mattress for 30 nights before initiating a return. If you decide that you dont want to keep it, there is a $175 charge for return shipping.
- Sleep Number gives customers 100 nights for a sleep trial and requires that you keep it for 30 nights before initiating a return. The return shipping charge for Sleep Number beds ranges from $199 to $249.
Don’t Miss: Sleep Number Bed Jackson Tn
I10 Smart Bed Mattresses Vs Others
Since the 360® i10 air bed is definitely unique, how would we compare it to other types of mattresses?
If this isnt your first smart bed rodeo, you may have come across ReST, the first smart bed to hit the market. Its specifically designed to help your body recover and features an app-integration, medical grade sensors to monitor 2,000+ pressure points, and a Whisper air system where the bed adjusts air quietly to the five different body zones. This is very similar to the Sleep Number bed, and the price is also quite comparable. Another popular smart bed is the Eight Sleep, which includes similar features like bed warming and integration with other smart products. It also includes a smart alarm that detects the best time for you to wake up every morning. These are a lot cheaper than Sleep Number but dont include the auto-adjustment based on your movements.
As far as mattress feel, this bed is going to be on the plush and soft side, with a focus on high levels of pressure relief and comfort. The 7 of comfort foam and cooling technology make the i10 feel like a combination of the Purple mattress with its hyper-elastic polymer cover for pressure relief, the Helix mattress with two layers of foam that have cooling properties, and the Sapira mattress, which as five distinct layers of foam.
Lastly, this foam cover will feel similar to memory foam, but like weve mentioned above, its specific qualities ensure the foam doesnt get too hot by trapping heat.
Sleep Number 360 I8 Smart Bed Specs And Prices
Sleep Number 360Â® i8 Smart Bed features:
- Dual adjustability-The power to find your ideal comfort on both sides of the bed.
- Responsive AirÂ® Technology-Senses movement and automatically responds for proper spinal alignment.
- SleepIQÂ® Technology-Shows you the quality of your sleep so you can adjust to find your perfect number.
- Enhanced Pressure-Relief-Added comfort layers improve pressure relief for an even better night’s sleep.
- Temperature balancing sleep surface-Absorbs excess heat and releases it as you cool to bring you the ultimate temperature regulating experience.
- Total mattress height- 12″
- Flex Top California King $4899
Recommended Reading: Can You Set A Sleep Timer On Apple Music
Inside The Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed
The best part about the Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed is its customizability. That starts with the various configurations available for the bed itself. I tested the $3,800 king FlexTop P6 mattress, the $2,100 FlexFit 1 traditional base and two $850 DualTemp mattress pads. All together, that comes to $7,600.
Since we’re comparing the 360 bed to queen-size competitors from Beautyrest, Eight and Winkbed, I priced out the queen version of the bed I tested — it comes to $5,500.
Whether it’s a king or a queen bed, the 360 Smart Bed by Sleep Number, with optional accessories like the FlexFit 1 base and the DualTemp pads, is expensive. See how it stacks up against other connected beds in the chart below.
Who Might Not Like A 360 Smart Bed By Sleep Number
- People who are not into technology. A 360 Smart Bed requires a wifi connection to work, and the accompanying app requires a smartphone to use. If youre not big into technology or dont love the idea of having a connected bed, a 360 Smart Bed is likely not the best option for you.
- People who love memory foam. The 360 Smart Beds feel different from a traditional memory foam mattress option because they include layers of material over an air chamber. They may not have the same sinking, enveloping feeling that memory foam traditionally provides.
- Couples who like to cuddle while they sleep. Because the larger mattresses have two separate air chambers for adjustable firmness, many people report that theres a valley or division in the middle of the bed. This can feel uncomfortable to lie on.
- People working with a limited budget. The 360 Smart Bed series is quite expensive, starting at $999 for a mattress alone . Someone on a limited budget may want to look into less expensive options.
Don’t Miss: Sleep Number Bed Service Center
Place The Foam Walls And Base Pad
With your mattress top open, begin building the structure of your bed. First, make sure the notches or corner lock mechanism located at the ends of each wall face inwards, as they help give shape to and complete the rest of the wall support. Next, start with placing the long foam sidewalls along each side of the bed, followed by the end walls. Once the side and end walls are secured in place, lay the base pad flat in the middle part of the mattress.
To prevent any foam from folding, shake the base pad out before laying it into the bottom of the mattress cover. If it is dual-sided a textured side and a smooth side then make sure the smooth side faces downwards and the smooth side upwards. Also, do not forget to place the air chambers on top later on, with both hose connections facing the head of the bed. With these three parts placed properly, you will now have full access to the inside of the case, which will allow you to begin layering the bed and installing air technology.
Sleep Number Bed Losing Air Replacement Air Chamber
As mentioned earlier, Sleep Number is popular for adjustable mattresses. The mattresses which are actually air beds are connected to a hose and pump making it effortless to inflate and deflate the bed to achieve the desired level of comfort.
While adjustability is a great feature to a user, it means that airflow resulting from movements can result in holes or tears that cause the bed to lose air. Such an occurrence shouldn’t deny users quality sleep. Fixing the issue is possible in three ways, chief among them replacing the air chamber the other two being: checking on the firmness control system and fixing a loose hose.
Fixing or replacing an air chamber leak is somewhat more complex compared to solving a cap or hose issue. The prudent thing to do is to seek professional help at the nearestSleep Number location.
When it comes to Ghost SmartBed, it features a long-lasting, medical-grade air chamber. The air chamber has five individual zones on both sides of the mattress to ensure both partners enjoy the utmost comfort. What is for sure is that these chambers are highly customizable to the desired needs of users.
Read Also: Sleep Number C2 Mattress Reviews
Sleep Number King Size Adjustable Bed Sheets
Flexfit 3 adjustable bed base sleep number split king size premium set qvc com sheets for and slay mattresses smart beds review forbes health frame an honest assessment reviews by wirecutter bedding pillows moving a hot 42 off aironeeditore it
Sleep Number Mattress Review 2022 Clarity
Used Select Comfort Sleep Number King Size Split Top Mattress P5 Model Pump
King Size Mattresses Smart Adjustable Sleep Number
Sleep Number Problems 2022 Ultimate Guide
Best Adjustable Air Beds Like Sleep Number By Pedic
Sleep Number Mattresses An Honest Assessment Reviews By Wirecutter
Split Flex Top King Fitted Sheet 2 Pack Deep Pocket For Sleep Number Adjustable
Mattresses Smart Adjustable Sleep Number Bed Sheet Sets King Size Sheets
Sleep Number Mattresses An Honest Assessment Reviews By Wirecutter
Sleep Number Corporation Sets New Benchmark For Value So Everyone Can Know Better
Essential Fit Cotton Sheet Set Sleep Number
Sleep Number 360 C4 Smart Bed Review 2022 Sleepopolis
Sleep Number Split King Adjustable Bed Sheets And Slay
How To Move A Sleep Number Bed Step By Guide Smart Sleeping Tips
What Are The Best Sleep Number Adjustable Beds Judge
Sleep Number Alternatives The Mattress Nerd
Pin On Adjustable Beds
Is Sleep Number Bed Worth It Best Sleep Number Bed Alternative
A highly successful name in the adjustable air-bed space, Sleep Number offers 11 models with different levels of cushioning. Users can puff them up to their desired firmness levels with the mere touch of a button. Sleep Number beds are worth it but are costlier compared to others in the market which brings with the need for alternatives.
Sleep Number beds are not the only impressive smart beds in the constantly changing world of smart beds in the country.
So which is the best sleep number bed alternative? In addition to the 5 options highlighted below, Ghost SmartBed also gives Sleep Number smart beds a run for their money.
On top of featuring auto real-time adjustments for sleep and biometric sensors for tracking sleep data, the Ghost SmartBed also boasts five zoned support, app integration and an impressive cooling system. The bed’s high adjustability makes it ideal for different sleeping positions and body types. Its comfort layer offers incredible body contouring and pressure relief. The bed’s quilted cover, made from the company’s proprietary Ghost Ice material coupled with a gel polymer layer, create a cool surface for a restful sleep.
*Photo Courtesy of GhostBed
Here are the other Sleep Number bed alternatives worth considering:
· Purple Mattress + Power Base
· Leggett and Platt Prodigy 2.0
· Nectar with Adjustable Base
· Leesa with Adjustable Base
Recommended Reading: Sunset Sleep Lab Simi Valley
Leesa With Adjustable Base
An incredible choice for hot, back and side sleepers, theLeesa with Adjustable Base is a popular and comfortable all-foam mattress. It brings with it an excellent balance of support and comfort making it a highly versatile choice for various types of sleepers.
Although it is all foam, it does a remarkable job of sleeping cool. Leesa utilizes a proprietary and high-quality LSA200 foam on its top comfort layer. The material is simultaneously responsive, breathable, bouncy and soft.
Under the top layer of foam is another one featuring slower-moving memory foam for more body contouring. The comfort layers are handy in creating a balanced foam feel that’s responsive and soft for the utmost pressure relief without getting stuck in the mattress.
While the memory foam and LSA200 foam is soft, its support layer is extremely firm making the mattress not-too-soft and not-too-firm.
Back sleeping on the mattress gives users a balance of support and comfort while the bottom base foam layer offers excellent overall support.
In terms of cover, the mattress has a breathable and soft cover made of twill fabric.
Who Might Not Want A Sleep Number
- People who love memory foam Depending on what is available, there are one possibly two Sleep Number models that offer a comfort layer made with memory foam. Those who love the feel of classic memory foam will be limited on Sleep Number beds, which are at their core adjustable air beds.
- Couples who like to sleep close together One of the biggest complaints from couples is that a sagging/division is created in between the dual air chambers on the bed. Couples who like to sleep close or cuddle in the center of the bed feel as those they are sinking into the middle of the bed.
You May Like: Sleep Number C4 Smart Bed