Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed
In this Tempur-Pedic vs Sleep Number review, the Sleep Number mattress comes with one useful optional extra: the SleepIQ® system. This is a system available with the Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed. It uses a touchless biometric sensor to track how you sleep each night. It monitors your breathing rate, your movement in bed and your heart rate.
That data is claimed to be able to enable the system to make adjustments to the bed while you sleep to keep you comfortable all night. If you go to bed around the same time each night, it warms the bottom of the bed so your feet are warm immediately. There are other features of the Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed, but you do pay for them!
Here is how the various properties of each mattress compare. We give one point to the better of each of those we have discussed above and two to the poorer.
1: Best If both are #1 then there is no difference between them.
2: Comes second, even if only by a whisker.
Also Check: Associates In Sleep Medicine Orland Park
Who Might Want A Sleep Number
- People who like air beds- First and foremost, the core of the Sleep Number bed is the adjustable air mattress. Those who have had a positive experience with air beds, they will probably like what Sleep Number has to offer especially with all of its adjustable features.
- Couples who sleep differently Couples who have different support level preferences may like Sleep Number beds because most beds can be made with dual air chambers that allow each person to decide how firm their side of the bed will be. Some models like the I-10 even have comfort layers that can be adjusted on each side.
- People with physical injuries or medical conditions Whether its a bad back, occasional heartburn or recovery from an accident, Sleep Numbers adjustable mattress, and FlexFit bases allow people to get comfortable easily and then re-adjust when theyre back to normal.
- People who want options and flexibility Individualized comfort is the name of Sleep Numbers game, so its no surprise that people who want to be able to change things up on a nightly basis will like these models. Sleepers can adjust the firmness, pick a model whose layers fit their needs some can even help to sleep cool and they can add a FlexFit base for even more sleeping options.
Trials Warranty And Delivery
|15 Year, Limited
|$199 for White Glove delivery to all 50 states
The process and logistics associated with buying a mattress online are different from the traditional brick-and-mortar experience. For customers, it tends to be more convenient to buy online, but there can be some confusion about exactly how it works.
The next three sections cover topics that are frequently asked about by people who are shopping for a mattress online for the first time.
Recommended Reading: University Of Chicago Sleep Center
How Much Is A Sleep Number Bed Vs Tempur
The most affordable mattress by far from either brand is the entry-level Sleep Number 360 c2 Smart Bed at $999*. By comparison, Tempurs entry-level mattress, the TEMPUR-Cloud, comes in at a regular price of $1,999*. On the high end, the Sleep Number 360 i10 Smart Bed weighs in at $5,099* while the Tempur-Pedic LUXEbreeze is priced at $4,999*.
When factoring in the cost of the cheapest mattress with a non-adjustable foundation, the entry price is about $1,300* for a Sleep Number and $2,350* for a Tempur-Pedic. When the same entry-level mattress is paired with the most affordable adjustable base, youre looking at $2,200* for a Sleep Number Bed and $2,850* for a Tempur-Pedic. Finally, for the flagship mattress on a top-end adjustable base, you can expect to pay around $7,500* for a Sleep Number and $7,200* for a Tempur-Pedic.
Sleep Number Vs Tempur
As is the case with many questions in this world, the answer to this question is, Well, it depends. There are so many different factors to consider, and every customer has their own priorities and concerns. These factors include comfort, price, durability, cost of ownership, customizable options, and much more. Rather than proclaiming our own opinion, were simply going to compare the many wonderful features of these two luxury mattress brands and leave the rest up to you.
First, a small disclaimer. For ease of comparison and since queen mattresses are the most common size by far, everything from this point forward will be comparing queen mattress models from both brands. These prices are accurate as of the date of this publication in April 2021. However, these prices are subject to change.
You May Like: What Is The Best Mattress For A Stomach Sleeper
Sleep Number Vs Tempurpedic: Whose Mattresses Are Better
- Sleep Number vs Tempurpedic: Whose Mattresses Are Better? – February 13, 2022
Both are popular mattress companies with a wide range of customizable top-of-the-line products. A selection that can make anyone lose their sleep. Mattresses arent a cheap purchase, and they arent a product you buy often. So, why not take more time and do your research before you go pick one?
If youve been lost in the Sleep Number vs TempurPedic debate, we can help you decide! In this article, weve compared the features of these top two brands of mattresses so you can make the right pick. Curious yet?
Lets begin and find you the best mattress for many blissful nights of sleep!
Bottom Line Up Front: The overall better value buy here is the range of mattresses from Sleep Number that is cheaper than Tempur-Pedic mattresses. That said, if you really need a mattress for pressure point relief, Tempur-Pedics range of mattresses is a great option.
Tempurpedic Vs Sleep Number Bed Full Comparison
Between Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number Bed, which one can meet your expectations in a bed? In this post, we will explain how these mattresses are constructed, how much they cost, and how firm or soft they feel. We will also tackle the pros and cons of each mattress to determine the best mattress that suits your needs. So, keep on scrolling down for the main points and enjoy reading!
Don’t Miss: Will Zoloft Help Me Sleep
Modular & Adjustable Base Descriptions
This modular bed base is a standard base that is designed to be both sturdy and durable. Sleep Number says it will last 20 years or more and prevent sagging in the mattress. It is also easy to get through narrow spaces and set up in smaller rooms so it could be ideal for apartment living.
Raises the head of the bed one remote will control the elevation of the bed and adjust the Sleep Number in the same device.
The most popular FlexFit Base. It raises the head of the bed like the FlexFit 1 and offers the following additional features:
- A Zero Gravity option that raises the head and foot in a way that leaves the sleeper feeling weightless
- Partner Snore technology allows one partner to raise the other partners head
- Timer feature changes the raised part of the bed at a certain time in an effort to shift the sleeper into a different position at a designated time.
Includes all of the features in FlexFit 2 and the following features:
- Turn on a soft light under the bed and control the nightstand lamps with one button
- Massage soothes tired muscles and leaves the sleeper feeling rejuvenated
***From Sleep Number: The FlexFit adjustable base is not covered under our 100-Night In-Home Trial and is non-returnable. Delivery and set up outside the standard Comfort Service. When purchasing online, one must select the Home Delivery option. Standard UPS shipping is not available for adjustable bases.***
Sleepiq Vs Sleeptracker Ai
Both have apps for Apple and Android devices, and both offer much of the same functionality. Sleep Numbers SleepIQ and Tempur-Pedics Sleeptracker AI can both monitor your movement, your heart rate, your breathing, and your sleep cycles. As a result, they can report on the quality of your sleep, wake you at the lightest stage of your sleep to reduce grogginess, and even adjust the bed tilt to reduce your partners snoring!
There are a few small differences worth mentioning. SleepIQ comes standard with every Sleep Number mattress even if some functions require one of their FlexFit bases. By contrast, Sleeptracker only comes packaged with Tempurs TEMPUR-Ergo and TEMPUR-Ergo Extend smart bases. However, it can be purchased separately for $299.
Do you have a smart home device like Alexa or Google Home in your home? If so, Tempur-Pedics Sleeptracker is definitely the better option for you, as SleepIQ isnt currently compatible with these devices.
Recommended Reading: Sleep Number Bed Colorado Springs
A Closer Look At The Support Mechanism When Choosing Between Sleep Number Or Tempur
The Tempur-Pedic mattresses rely exclusively on the Tempur memory foam described above, which is known to minimize the motion-related disturbance as well as to offer an unprecedented relief of the pressure points, thus being a great choice for those who experience lower back arch pain, shoulder pain or neck pain. However, some models of Tempur-Pedic mattresses use additional materials designed to add to the comfort of the mattress, such as comfort layers, covers or cooling materials that aim to prevent heat retention, one of the main causes of mid-sleep awakenings during the night.
Foam Support vs. Air Support
This is where these two mattress manufacturers are radically different, given the fact that Sleep Number relies mostly on compressed air for its primary support, as opposed to innerspring or memory foam . Although the air-support mechanism may not appeal to everybody, it is certainly great for those who want to get full control over the firmness and support level of the mattress, as they can easily and effortlessly adjust the comfort level by either adding or removing the extra air from the mattress.
Main Differences Between Sleep Number Vs Tempur
The main difference between Sleep Number vs Tempur Pedic are:
- Sleep Number makes air-bed mattresses, whereas Tempur-Pedic makes foam and hybrid mattresses.
- Tempur-Pedic mattresses are in the expensive range, whereas Sleep Number mattresses are in the affordable price range.
- Tempur-Pedic has a range of mattresses, and each one offers different levels of firmness, whereas Sleep Number allows you to buy one mattress and adjust its firmness as required.
- Sleep Number mattresses need electricity to operate their settings, whereas Tempur-Pedic mattresses do not.
Don’t Miss: Putting Child To Sleep For Dental Work
Please Read This Important Information
MalibuMattressStore.com is associated with Relief-Mart, Inc., a health products company that has the highest customer service rating for over 13-years! All of our customers are important to us, so we will never jeopardize any relationship by applying any high pressure selling tactics. Our competent and trained sales staff do not work on a commission-basis, so every customer receives the very best personal attention, without money factoring into the equation.
Our affiliation with such professionals as Dr. Rick Swartzburg, D.C., our Vice President of Product Development and personal company consultant, gives you peace of mind knowing that a specializing doctor has personally evaluated and tested our products. So, we welcome you to our online information knowledge-base. If you have any questions, please contact us anytime to speak with our educated and friendly sleep experts today! No obligations We promise!
Quick Comparison And Overview
- Models and collections available Tempur-Cloud, Tempur-Adapt, Tempur-Contour, Tempur-Flex and Tempur Breeze
- Sleep accessories available pillows, mattress toppers, covers, slippers, home and travel sleep accessories, etc.
- Types of mattresses available memory foam and innerspring coils
- Mattress firmness it can vary for each individual unit, usually between a medium-firm and firm.
- Cooling system standard Tempur-Pedic mattresses promote medium breathability and airflow, while the Breeze collection features a developed All-Night Cooling System.
- Motion isolation excellent in almost all mattress collections.
- Trial sleep period 90 days, only for mattresses.
- Warranty 10 years limited warranty
- Return policy only for mattresses warranty covers damage for other products.
- Price range from $2000 to $5000 for mattresses
Also Check: Sleep Number Bed Charlottesville Va
Firmness Of The Mattresses:
Sleep Number is very different from most mattresses, as it has an air pump. The air pump inside the mattress can make the mattress as firm or as soft as you desire the mattress to be. The split air chambers mean that couples are going to love the Sleep Number.
You can make one side of the mattress feel soft, while your partner can customize his side to feel as firm as he/she likes.
Tempurpedic Vs Sleep Number Mattress Comparison: Which Is Best Update 01/2022
Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number are two of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry. They are two of the most well-known mattress firms in the world, and their products are all based on a single mattress component.
Its TEMPUR memory foam, developed by NASA and marketed by Tempur-Pedic, which is used in the companys mattresses and pillows. This material works to alleviate pressure, support the spine, and promote comfort by closely conforming to the body. It also excels at keeping one persons movement from waking up the person lying next to them, making it ideal for a peaceful nights sleep.
The adjustable air chamber that serves as the foundation of Sleep Number mattresses is the companys most distinctive feature. Air can be added or removed from the mattress using a remote or smartphone app until the sleeper reaches their preferred Sleep Number firmness. If youre looking for a mattress that can be customized for you and your partner, this is the one.
It can be difficult to pick between these two high-end mattress companies because of their distinct advantages. It can be difficult to tell the difference between all the mattresses on the market because each has a variety of options.
Tempur-Pedic vs. Sleep Number: Which is best for you? Weve covered everything you need to know, from price to performance and everything in between.
Don’t Miss: Consumer Reports Sleep Number Mattress
Sleep Trial And Returns
One of the main reasons that buying online is different from in-store is that you dont have the ability to lie down on the bed before making your purchase. Instead, you have a sleep trial during which you can use the mattress at home with the option to return it for a refund.
Most customers appreciate an in-home sleep trial because they can test out the mattress in real-world conditions for an extended time. This gives a clearer sense of whether a mattress works for you than just feeling it out for 15 minutes in a mattress store. During the trial, you can return the mattress if you arent satisfied, and that usually entails the company sending someone to pick it up from your home.
Both Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number provide a sleep trial with their mattresses.
- Tempur-Pedic gives customers 90 nights to try the mattress at home. You are required to keep the mattress for 30 nights before initiating a return. If you decide that you dont want to keep it, there is a $175 charge for return shipping.
- Sleep Number gives customers 100 nights for a sleep trial and requires that you keep it for 30 nights before initiating a return. The return shipping charge for Sleep Number beds ranges from $199 to $249.
Common Praise & Complaints
Here are the main and most prominent reviews of the Sleep Number 360® p5 bed, both good and bad:
Those who loved it said:
- It really kept cool. People were happy with the cooling technology and really felt a difference with it as part of their mattress. Users also said the cooling cover helped the sleep better throughout the night.
- Its good for aches and pains. Many happy customers wrote about waking up pain-free from issues that used to keep them up all night. For example, one person said: I did not wake up this morning with my usual hip and sciatic leg pain that I usually wake up with in the morning!
- The add-on base features make it worth it.Being able to elevate your feet and head really can take your sleep experience to the next level. The FlexFit bases also have small lights on them, so if you get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, you no longer need to stumble back into bed. The p6 mattress with these extras seems to have made for many happy sleepers.
Those with didnt love it said:
Also Check: Can Urgent Care Prescribe Sleep Medication
Sizing And Weight Options
A heavier mattress will be more difficult to move, which is a factor for people who expect to relocate with any frequency. The height of a mattress can affect how well your sheets fit as well as how easily you can get in or out of bed, which is a primary concern for people with knee, hip, or back pain.
Choosing the right mattress size has a direct impact on your comfort in bed, the space in your bedroom, and the total price youll pay. Most mattresses are available in the six standard sizes twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king but there are exceptions within the Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number product lines. Some models are not offered in smaller sizes, and more specialized non-standard options are available for many mattresses.
Sleep Number Buy Online Now
Were confident recommending Sleep Number as the best choice based on our analysis of key factors that an average, discerning mattress shopper would care most about. Tempur-Pedic has excellent contouring and supporting mattresses, but we like that we can customize our experience with different firmness settings.
We also love that we can add sleep metrics that go straight to a smartphone. If you have a lot of trouble with your sleep, it might not be enough to change your mattress. You may also need to analyze your health habits to figure out exactly what your body needs.
- Quality Tie
Read Also: Cost To Return Sleep Number Bed