Excellent Matches For Quail
- Budget Shoppers This company has packed a lot of value into its entry-level mattress. Few products on the market can offer this same versatility of comfort levels, cooling technology, strict environmental certifications, and a Lifetime Warranty for the price of this bed.
- Couples This bed is built for quality sleep with features like bounce, support, and breathability. Couples should be able to bask in blissful, uninterrupted rest thanks to the Energex foam layer that isolates movement.
- Folks Who Want Options Very few entry-level mattresses offer tailored firmness levels to suit your individual needs. Though this beds Medium option performs well for multiple position preferences, exclusive stomach sleepers may sleep more comfortably on the firmer choice.
What Sleeping Position Does It Best Support
The soft foam feel of the medium Quail mattress works best for side sleepers, since they need extra cushion around pressure points. The firm mattress is better suited for back sleepers and stomach sleepers because it provides better alignment.
Combination sleepers will also do well thanks to the surprising responsiveness offered by this foam mattress.
What Makes It Unique:
- Thermic Phase ChangeCooling Fabric: The Quail mattress cover has phase change materials woven into the fabric. PSMs absorb excess heat and release it when the mattress temperature gets too cool.
- Energex Foam: The Quails top layer is Nest Beddings Energex hybrid foam, which has the bouncy feel and responsiveness of a latex or innerspring mattress.
- Lifetime Warranty: Your Quail mattress will be repaired or replaced if it develops covered defects for the entire time that you own the mattress!
- Eco-Friendly: The Quail mattress is made in the USA with foams that are GreenGuard Gold certified, CertiPUR-US certified, and exclude chemical fire retardants.
- Affordable: The Quail is the most affordable Nest Beddingmemory foam mattress.
Total Score for the Nest Bedding Quail Mattress: 8.8/10
You May Like: Why Do You Lose Weight When Sleeping
Sinkage Tests & Motion Transfer
All mattress reviews on Sleepopolis goes through a short series of sinkage tests. I run these tests to show you how the mattress performs in various conditions and to also give you an idea of the type of softness, contour, and hug you can expect when you sleep on the mattress. As a reference point, I am about 150 pounds.
- Lying position in a normal lying position where weight is evenly distributed across the mattress I saw 1-1.5 of sinkage.
- Sitting position in a more balanced sitting position, where I was sitting a bit further back on the mattress I saw 3-3.5 of sinkage.
- Sitting position in a more aggressive sitting posture, where all of my weight was placed directly on the edge of the mattress I saw 4-4.5 of sinkage.
- Standing position lastly, in order to see how the mattress performs under maximum pressure I stood directly in the center with all of my weight on a single point. In a standing position I saw 4.5-5 of sinkage.
Motion transfer was pretty good. Theres a little more motion transfer than what youd get with a hybrid or memory foam mattress , but its not at the same level as youd see with an innerspring.
How Does The Quail Mattress Compare To Other Beds
Understanding how similar mattress models vary in their construction and performance can help you determine which model is best for you. Here, well compare the Nest Bedding Quail to six similar mattress models to highlight their key similarities and differences.
Nest Bedding Quail vs. Nest Bedding Sparrow
The Nest Bedding Sparrow pairs multiple layers of foam with a pocketed coil support layer.
While the Quail is available in two firmness options, the Sparrow offers three options: Plush , Medium , and Luxury Firm . The soft option may be particularly appealing for lightweight sleepers and those who enjoy a plusher feel.
Additionally, some sizes of the Sparrow are available as split models, allowing sleepers to select a different firmness on each side of the bed, which can be helpful for couples with differing preferences.
The Sparrows coil layer provides extra bounce and edge support, which couples may also appreciate. The sturdier edge may make it easier to make full use of the mattress surface.
At 12 inches thick, the Sparrow has a high profile. Our heavyweight sleepers appreciated the extra thickness and found the firm option more supportive than the Quails firm option.
Nest Bedding Quail vs. Nectar
Like the Quail, the Nectar Mattress is an all-foam bed. However, the Nectar uses memory foam comfort layers, giving it a distinct hug feeling.
Recommended Reading: How Big Is A Sleep Number King Size Bed
Nest Love Bed Mattress Review: Final Verdict
Should you get the Nest Love Bed mattress or should you not? That is the ultimate question!
If you ask me, and bounce and firmness option is what you want, then youll love this mattress. The company already offers a good risk free purchase with their trial period and comfort guarantees, so diving right in shouldnt stop. Meanwhile, the entire mattress is all-organic which is a fantastic bonus and alternative to those looking for something well made while eco-friendly.
And finally, if you bought the mattress for lovemaking since its specifically built for that , then you will be happy. Its got the bounce of a spring bed minus the squeaky noise. So theres that. Grab the mattress. Try it out.
Who Might Not Want To Get This Mattress
- People Who Want a More Luxurious Mattress If you have the budget for it, you can definitely get something that is more luxurious and has more bells and whistles.
- Those Who Like the Slow-Moving Memory Foam Feel This mattress is very responsive and bouncy. If people prefer the quicksand, slow-moving feel that memory foam provides, then they should know thats not exactly what they get here.
- People Who Like a More Traditional Innerspring Feel Sleepers will get more bounce with this mattress, but it is definitely still a foam mattress. If someone wants a more innerspring feel, they will probably have to look elsewhere to find it.
You May Like: Can You Lose Weight By Sleeping Too Much
Does It Require A Foundation
When you purchase this mattress, you will not receive a foundation in the package along with your order.
Accordingly, those who dont already have a nice foundation like the IDLE Sleep Adjustable Basewill need to consider their plans.
Since this mattress comes in standard sizes, purchasing your foundation will be simple.
Start by deciding what type of base or foundation that you want, and find one which fits your mattress size.
Quail Vs Sparrow Signature
The Sparrow Signature is the signature mattress that Nest Bedding sells. It uses higher quality materials than Quail, and it is more expensive as a result. Whether it is worth it to you is entirely up to your budget. If you have the money, the Sparrow Signature is a better mattress. If money is tight, or you plan to upgrade the mattress in a few years, or if youre in a college dorm, etc., the Quail is probably the better way to go. If you are on a budget but looking for a quality mattress, see the best mattresses under $500.
You May Like: Mathis Brothers Sleep Center Edmond
Nest Quail Mattress By Sleeping Positions
|Supports hips, spine and lower back
Foam provides contouring
Heavyweight sleepers may prefer something firmer for sturdier support
|Firmer option provides sturdier support for strict stomach sleepers
Firm enough to prevent average sleepers hips from sinking
Heavyweight stomach sleepers may still experience sinking in firm option
|Medium firm option cradles hips and shoulders
Medium firm relieves tension on pressure points
|Resembles an innerspring bed with its bounciness, makes it easy to shift positions
Does a good job of limiting motion transfer
The foam in the Quail does contour to the buttocks and keep your spine aligned when you sleep on your back. Contouring is a big reason to seek out a foam mattress in the first place. For similar options, see the best mattresses for back sleepers.
Heres where the firmness of your mattress really matters relative to your sleep position. The best mattresses for side sleepers are ones that are less firm as these generally provide better pressure relief.The medium firm option of the Quail will do a better job contouring and relieving pressure than the firm one. The firm option may be too much support when you sleep on your side and need the give to avoid too much pressure on shoulders and hips.
First Impression: How Does It Feel
The all-foam L& S arrives at your door compressed in a box. As with most foam constructions, youll want to find a non-flexible frame with sturdy central support or slats that are not bowed or flexible.
The cover feels soft and cool when you lay down on it, and your body immediately sinks into the mattress for a comfortable cradle and good contouring, but you shouldnt sink so deep that you feel trapped in the bed.
Don’t Miss: Keto Lose Weight While Sleeping
What Makes This Mattress Stand Out
- The price point is very attractive given how comfortable it is and how durable the materials are.
- The mattress directly addresses the issue of sleeping hot more than any other mattress Ive see at this price point.
- The materials in this mattress are very durable, especially given the price point.
- The mattress has a great balanced foam feel with good pressure relief and resilience.
- The company provides a lifetime warranty and lifetime comfort guarantee, because they really want their customers to be happy.
Why You Should Buy A Ghostbed Now
keywords: why buy a ghost bed, when should i buy a new bed mattress
The choice to purchase a new mattress can be intimidating. We all understand that we require to replace our bed mattress every eight years, but that does not make the procedure any simpler! There are many aspects to consider: firmness, size, sleep position, material type, and price. The list continues.
There is excellent news for those who feel overwhelmed by the choice. Ghostbeds make it easy for anybody searching for a new bed weve done all the work for you!
Ghostbed is the very best adjustable bed on the market because it has numerous functions that no other adjustable bed can beat. Firstly, Ghostbeds cooling system will keep you cool and comfortable throughout your sleep at night. Second, this bed adapts to any position with the touch of a button. Third, Ghostbed provides 100-night danger totally free trial where they send out their bed mattress free of charge!
We suggest you give Ghostbed a try today if you desire the very best adjustable bed in America!
You might be questioning if an adjustable bed is really worth the money. After all, they can be a bit expensive. However when you think about all that Ghostbed needs to use, its clear that their adjustable beds are the best on the market.
Lastly, Ghostbed offers their clients 100-night danger free trial where they send their bed mattress totally free! Theres actually nothing like this on the marketplace when compared with rivals.
Read Also: How Do Criminal Defense Attorneys Sleep At Night
Will Back/stomach Sleepers Like It
The Quail mattress is great for back and stomach sleepers. This is because its on the firmer side , which helps to keep the spine in neutral alignment.
Keep in mind that softness/firmness is relative to your weight. The heavier an individual is, the more they sink into the mattress, so the softer the bed feels. The lighter an individual is, the more they lay on top of the mattress, making it feel firmer.
Coupons Trials Warranties And Shipping
- Shipping Free shipping and returns are available within the US. International shipping and shipping to Alaska and Hawaii are also available for an additional fee.
- White-Glove Delivery Professional installation is available for an additional cost.
- Trial You can try it out for 365 nights, and if you dont love it, you can initiate a return or exchange.
- Warranty This company offers an industry-leading lifetime warranty on this product.
|72 x 84 x 10||$1,199|
Recommended Reading: Flexfit 3 Sleep Number Bed
Nest Bedding Quail Mattress Overview
Nest Bedding launched in 2011 as a direct-to-consumer mattress company. Since then, Nest Bedding has opened brick-and-mortar locations and introduced new products to its line, including pillows, bedding, bases, sleepwear, pet beds, and more.
The mattress line currently includes six main models. This includes three hybrid models, one all-latex model, and two all-foam models. Nest Bedding also produces a childrens mattress and a crib mattress.
The Nest Bedding Quail Mattress previously known as the Love & Sleep is one of Nests all-foam models. It is available in two firmness options: Medium and Firm . Both firmnesses include an Energex foam comfort layer and polyfoam support layer and total 10 inches thick. The medium option also includes a layer of transitional polyfoam.
This review gives an in-depth look at the Nest Bedding Quails construction, pricing, and how it performed in our tests. Well also compare the Quail Mattress to similar options you might be considering and detail Nest Beddings policies on shipping, returns, and warranties.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers who weigh over 230 pounds. In all sleep positions, our heavyweight sleep testers felt they sunk in too deeply for proper spinal alignment.
- Shoppers looking for an exceptionally durable mattress. Based on our research and testing, the materials in this model seem to degrade faster than those found in similarly constructed models.
Overview And Opening The Love And Sleep
You can order the Love and Sleep mattress direct from the Nest Bedding website. A key reason why this mattress has both quality and price is that it comes factory-direct. The majority of online mattress companies do not own their own factory so need to contract with a separate manufacturer to make their mattress. This ultimately means higher costs that can be passed on to the consumer.
Nest Bedding has a history of constantly iterating and making its products better as new technology comes to market. This keeps them ahead of the pack and builds trust.
Specifications and Construction
Below is an illustration of the construction of the Love and Sleep Mattress. The mattress has 3 layers but notice that they have introduced a convoluted layer that helps with conforming and breathability.
- .1Phase Change Cooling Cover
- 3 2.8 lb Energex Cooling Comfort Layer
- 2SmartFlow Air Flow Layer
- 5 1.8 Density Edge Support Base Foam
- Made in the USA
You May Like: Best Mattress For 300 Pound Side Sleeper
Should You Buy The Nest Bedding Love Bed Mattress
The Nest Bedding Love Bed mattress is a good all-around foam mattress option. It performs well for both sleep and sex. The all Energex comfort layer on top is a fairly unique attribute that you dont see as much of from online mattress companies .
I would recommend the Love Bed mattress if you fall into the following categories:
- You want a mattress with great bounce, but dont want innerspring the Love Beds Energex top layer gives it great bounce and responsiveness. This makes sex very enjoyable, without adding excess noise and still providing a comfortable mattress for sleeping.
- You want a slight hug / body contour the Love Bed does not have a deep contour or body hug. The Energex + quilted top layers are quite comfortable, but dont expect a memory foam type of a body contour.
- You want more firmness options many online mattresses only come in one firmness. The Love Beds 2 firmness levels give you more choice for those sleepers who need something in a medium or firm option.
For more information on Nest Beddings Love Bed visit NestBedding.com.
Person Size And Sleep Position Suitability For Nest Bedding Mattresses
The tables below evaluate the Nest Bedding mattresses for person size and sleep position based on consumer experiences and the estimate of Sleep Like The Dead. Ratings show what tends to be true for owners your personal evaluation may differ. See the mattress firmness guide for details based on your body type. And people of below- and above-average weight, see the mattress guide for large and small people.
You May Like: Sleep Number Bed Factory Outlet
Inside The Quail Foam Mattress
Quail is an 10-11 mattress made entirely of foam. For the record, most all-foam beds are in the 9-10 range. A few examples used to include Casper Element and Leesa.
Quial starts with dense polyurethane foam, which acts as the foundation for the mattress. Next is a transition layer and then Energex foam, which sort of has the pressure relief of memory foam, but is a lot more responsive and doesnt trap heat as much.
All of the foams are made in the USA and are CertiPUR-US certified, which means theyve been tested by a credible 3rd party for any known harmful chemicals. Nest Bedding mattresses do not contain any flame retardant chemicals. Instead, they use hydrated silica as a fire barrier, which protects the entire mattress. In the event of a fire, this barrier melts onto itself and suffocates the oxygen needed for fire to burn.
The Quail mattress has also earned a Greenguard Gold Certification and NAAPA Award.
Quial has a soft cover that incorporates a phase-change material, which helps with temperature regulation .
The cover is made of polyester-cotton blend material, and has a nice wavy pattern on it. It is non-removable, so if you have any accidents, just spot clean with some mild soap and warm water.