Sleep Trial And Returns
Since customers who purchase a mattress online arent able to try it first, most online mattress retailers offer a lengthy sleep trial. The sleep trial allows you to test out your new mattress at home and return it if you dont like it.
Often these sleep trials require customers to sleep on the bed for a minimum number of nights before they can return or exchange it. If a return is requested, the company may coordinate pickup and donation or recycling. In most instances, customers then receive a full refund. However, some companies may require the customer to pay return shipping charges or a restocking fee.
Sleep Number Sleep Trial and Return PolicyAll Sleep Number 360 mattresses come with a 100-day trial. Sleep Number has a mandatory 30-day break-in period before shoppers can initiate a return. The company will provide a full refund minus return delivery fees, provided the mattress is returned in good condition.
Purple Sleep Trial and Return PolicyPurple offers a 100-night sleep trial for all mattresses, but requires a 21-night mandatory break-in period. For customers who choose to return their mattress, Purple arranges pickup at no charge and coordinates donation to a local charity or recycling plant. The customer is then refunded the cost of the mattress in full, minus any original delivery fees. Customers can also elect to exchange the mattress for a different Purple model in lieu of a refund.
Sleep Number 360 P6 Smart Bed
This adjustable mattress is a top performer in our Textiles Labs review and has earned the Good Housekeeping Seal, along with the seven other smart mattresses from Sleep Number. Perfect for couples , the mattress is filled with adjustable air chambers so each side of the bed can be customized to whatever firmness level you choose. Plus, there are biometric sensors in the mattress so if youve switched positions, the mattress will automatically adjust so you stay at your preferred setting throughout the night. The mattress also comes with sleep tracking capabilities and gives you feedback on your smartphone.
This mattress is pricey, but it comes with a 100-night trial period and when we tested it and surveyed our panel, users gave the mattress high scores for comfort, support and sleep quality. One commented, I was initially hesitant because of the cost, but as soon as I laid on it, it changed my mind, while another told us I wish we would have purchased this brand sooner.
Youll get additional features if you get any of the three matching bases, too all have head-raising capabilities and under-bed lighting in case you get up when its dark, but the pricier models come with added features like feet elevation and even feet warming for those with cold toes.
Available sizes: Twin XL, Queen, King and California King Trial period: 100 days for the mattress, minus the cost of return shipping or a $199 pick-up fee. Adjustable bases are final sale.
- 180-night trial
Full Sleep Number Reviews
We are taking a close look at the Sleep Number P5 airbed/foam mattress in this review.
A plush mattress equipped with a wide range of specialized features, the Sleep Number P5 offers both partners the option to select their individual Sleep Number setting, affording them different levels of firmness, comfort, and overall support.
With its unique five zones of contouring support, innovative comfort adjustments, and advanced Sleep IQ Technology, this mattress ranks with a 77% owner satisfaction rating, as revealed in our research.
Read Also: Sleep Number Store Canton Ohio
Ratings And Reviews Common Praise
- Couples love being able to personalize the firmness of their side of the bed. The dual air chambers available on most models means that someone who prefers a firmer bed doesnt have to compromise with a partner who likes more cushion. If one person likes to sleep on their side and another doesnt, they have a great solution here.
- People with back problems or medical issues that require them to sit up at different points love the flexibility of Sleep Number beds. They can adjust the firmness of their bed for a couple of nights if needed and can raise/lower the head of their bed with a FlexFit Adjustable Base depending on their current needs.
- There was heavy praise for the longevity and durability of the Sleep Number bed.People came back to Sleep Numbers site to say theyve had their bed for 10+ years and they are still comfortable. Of course, not everyone was able to stay comfortable in their bed for a decade without experiencing issues, but people tended to have their Sleep Number bed for a long time.
RELATED: Best Customizable Mattresses
Sleep Number C2 Bed Sleep Trial
The Sleep NumberC2 mattress comes with a 100-night sleep trial. From the day your mattress is delivered and set up, you have 100 nights to try it out. It can take multiple weeks of experimenting to find your Sleep Number, so be patient while you adjust to your new mattress.
For those who decide to return the C2 mattress, simply contact Sleep Number during the trial period to initiate a return. There is a $199 return shipping fee. Sleep Number will schedule a time to have someone disassemble and collect your mattress.
While 100-nights is a good length for a sleep trial, the $199-$249 each for delivery and return result in a costly process if you decide not to keep your Sleep Number mattress.
You May Like: Sleep Number King Air Chamber
How Do I Choose An Adjustable Bed
- Consider your budget. If youre looking to invest in an entirely new bed, you may benefit from a full sleep system that has both an adjustable base and an adjustable mattress. If youre just looking to customize your comfort level, you may be better off buying an adjustable mattress or an adjustable base that changes your head and feet positioning.
- Features like sleep tracking, massaging, lights, USB ports, and more can be great bonuses. Also consider if you want to want to use with a remote control or even your smart phone.
- Head-raising capability: You can program some beds to raise your head when its time to wake up. Not only do you get to customize your sleep position for personalized comfort, but the head elevation helps if you or your partner snore, or even if you want to raise your head to read or watch TV. Plus, an adjustable head means you can get into what the brands refer to as zero gravity position, meaning you feel weightless because your head and legs are both elevated. You get the comfort of sleeping in a recliner in your own bed.
Read on to learn more about our top picks for adjustable mattresses, bases, and more, which offer something for everyone.
Best Adjustable Mattress
Sleep Number C2 Performance Highlights
- Adjustable firmness: With 100 firmness options to choose from, the Sleep Number C2 delivers exceptional customization. Using the adjustable air chambers, you can experiment until you find the right feel for you. Whats more, the firmness can be adjusted from one day to the next for changing needs.
- Dual air chambers: Couples rarely have the exact same mattress needs. Double-sized Sleep Number beds and larger have dual sided adjustability, meaning you and your partner can each choose your own firmness.
- Low-cost air mattress: The C2 is Sleep Numbers least expensive mattress. At less than $1,000 for a queen-sizeC2 mattress, you can reap the benefits of dual adjustability, responsive air technology, and sleep tracking without breaking the bank.
- Motion isolation: Thanks to individual air chambers on each side of the mattress , the C2 mattress doesnt spread movement from one side of the bed to the other. By limiting motion transfer, it helps couples sleep together peacefully.
- Responsive: The C2 mattress has technology within that adjusts to your every move. This responsiveness makes it easy to reposition seamlessly at night, great for combination sleepers and those who toss and turn.
- Sleeps cool: Air mattresses tend to sleep cooler than all other mattress types. And thanks to the minimal foam layers in the C2, its the coolest of the Sleep Number mattresses.
Read on to learn what type of sleepers are best-served by the C2 bed.
Read Also: Are Sleep Number Beds Worth The Price
How To Choose A Split King Mattress
Picking the right split king mattress is much like choosing any other size but with a few additional considerations. If youre purchasing a mattress to share with your partner, their preferences are also important to consider. You may want to reflect on your available floor space, decide whats within your budget, and ensure that a split king will work with the bed frame you have in mind.
What Is An Adjustable Bed
An adjustable bed is a bed in which you can change the position and angle of the bed itself. It works on a multi-hinge system, meaning you can usually lift or lower portions of the bed where your legs and upper body will rest. Depending on the model, you can also adjust the angle of each mattress section, as well as the firmness, so it caters exactly to your every need.
Adjustable beds come in a variety of price points, ranging from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. It can be a worthy investment if you are someone with chronic pain or sleeping issues, as adjustable bases and mattresses can offset some of those symptoms. Your local Sam’s Club offers a wide variety of adjustable beds and mattresses to choose from.
You May Like: Sleep Number Return Shipping Cost
What Is A Split King Size
A split king mattress is the same size as a king-size bed, except it is two twin XL mattresses side by side instead of one uniform bed. Split kings are great mattresses for couples with differing sleep preferences, and theyre compatible with adjustable beds.
Split king mattresses allow sleepers to adjust the bed to their preference without disturbing the comfort of their sleep partner, unlike traditional king-size beds. Plus, some companies offer customized split kings that allow couples to choose how firm or soft they want their bed to feel, which is an added bonus for couples with very different sleep needs.
Does It Have Any Smell
The Sleep Number P5 does have a noticeable rubber-like, even chemical-like odor when new. The odor tends to diminish after a couple of weeks. The comfort layers on top do not give this smell, but its the rubber air chambers on the inside that do.
Our research revealed that some owners indicated that the odor was still present even after extended periods of time.
Read Also: Baby Belly Breathing In Sleep
Where Can I Find Split Top King Sheets For A Sleep Number Bed
Split top king sheets are hard to find. Sleep number sells theirs at an expensive price. However, now that the mattress size is gaining popularity for adjustable base, there are some bedding companies that have started producing this size. You can find some of the most affordable split top king sheetshere.
Which Size Is Right For You
No matter which size you choose, the best mattress size will comfortably fit the bedroom with walking space and areas for furniture for aesthetic appeal. A king-size is a great option with its wider dimension, offering more personal space for couples. A split king size is another great option, providing catered sleeping preferences so both couples have optimal comfort without compromise. Both are excellent choices for any master bedroom.
About the author
Sanchita Sen is a full-time writer focusing on the sleep health and mattress industry. She is a former journalist who has written numerous articles on the healthcare sector. Some of the topics she has covered include how to lucid dream, fever dreams, melatonin for sleep, and best gel memory foam mattress. Sanchita holds a Master of Arts in Communications from Convergence Institute of Mass Media and Information Technology Studies. She is also a published author, who seeks inspiration from both real life and the world of fiction.
Also Check: Are Sleep Number Beds Air Beds
Who Might Not Want A Sleep Number
- People who love memory foam Depending on what is available, there are one possibly two Sleep Number models that offer a comfort layer made with memory foam. Those who love the feel of classic memory foam will be limited on Sleep Number beds, which are at their core adjustable air beds.
- Couples who like to sleep close together One of the biggest complaints from couples is that a sagging/division is created in between the dual air chambers on the bed. Couples who like to sleep close or cuddle in the center of the bed feel as those they are sinking into the middle of the bed.
Sleep Number C2 Bed Return Policy
You can initiate a return within 100 days from the day you receive your new mattress. Sleep Number does ask that you talk to one of their Sleep Specialists at 1-888-411-2188 if youre having trouble getting comfortable. You may just need to find your right Sleep Number, or a simple memory foam mattress topper could achieve the right feel.
If you decide to return your C2 mattress, you will receive a full refund, minus the original delivery fee and a return shipping fee of $199.
Read Also: Can They Put You To Sleep For Lasik
Is There Luxury Split Top King Sheets
If you are looking for the most luxuriously affordable split top king sheet set,Westlake Home is your best bet.
Their sheets are Italian-made, OKEO-TEX certified organic. The only downside is that they get out of stock pretty quickly.
Aside from them, you will have to purchase directly from the company that sold you your mattress because this size of bedding is difficult to find.
What Is A Split Kingbed
If you sleep cold, hot, sprawled out on your back, or in a series of bizarre and gymnastic positions, you might want to give the other person in your bed as much space as possible at lights out. In fact, they may have very different sleep preferences than you.
With that said, a split king bed could be the solution to your problems.
What is a split king mattress? A split king bed is exactly what it sounds like. Its a king size mattress that is split right down the middle, giving you and your partner the freedom to customize each side of the bed.
Give you and your sleeping companion the gift of customized sleeping arrangements. With Caspers split king adjustable bed, you never have to sacrifice your sleeping preference.
Want to learn more about this mattress? Read on to discover more details about split kings and the benefits they offer.
You May Like: Does Sleep Number Have A Trade In Program
Is A Split King The Same As Two Twin Mattresses
At this point you might be wondering: cant I just put two twin XL mattresses next to each other to create a split king? The answer is yes and no! Technically, a split king isnt really a sizeits just two separate twin XL mattresses. But its so much more than that, too! With two twin XL mattresses, youve got plenty of options:
- choose two different mattresses
- choose two of the same mattress type
- place on one regular king size bed foundation
- place on a split king foundation
- place on two twin XL adjustable bases
- pair with a stylish headboard
See what we mean? Plenty of choices to personalize your bedroom and your comfort.
What Other Problems Are Common With Split King Adjustable Beds
The most common problem that people face with a split king is the gap in the middle, as we mentioned in the last FAQ. Beyond that, some people worry about the mattress sliding down when youre elevating your head. To combat this, look for an adjustable base with a retainer bar at the foot and non-skid material beneath each leg.
Another common complaint to note: as you raise the head of some adjustable bases, the entire bed moves forward and can leave you far from your nightstand or anything else by the side of your bed. Some companies add wall-hugging or wall-aligning technology to their base to help with this others are simply designed to keep you close even as the bed adjusts.
In my experience, theres not a huge difference between bases with wall-hugging features and without. Its typically about a 4 difference, so its not a lot! Even with wall-hugging features, you may not end up as close to your side table as you might think.
Also Check: What Causes Involuntary Movement During Sleep
Core Line 25 Year Limited Warranty
Sleep Number®s Core Line of mattresses: C2, C4, P5, P6, I7, I8, and I10 models and Sleep Number® modular bases purchased after May 1, 2017, are covered in the 25-year limited warranty.
It is highly recommended that potential customers and already existing customers read the full warranty policy on the website. There are some important insights and weve listed a couple here:
- Sleep Number will essentially cover the cost of a manufacturing or product defect in full for the first two years of the warranty.
- There are several things you can do to void your warranty. Some of these include staining/damaging your mattress with liquids or fluids, ripping off the legal tag, opening the remote and forgetting to keep your original receipt .
- After the first two years, you are responsible for a portion of the price needed for any repairs or replacements to your mattress or base.
Split Each Layer According To Your Preferences
When you look at step #3 of our builder, youll initially see three static layers. But because were splitting the mattress to make each side customized, static layers wont do! One by one, were going to make each layer unique and perfect for both sleepers.
To split each layer, toggle the split button to the right side of each layer you want to split.
Note: if youre not buying an adjustable bed and never plan to, you can choose a mixture of solid and split layers for each side. For couples truly worried about the small gap we mentioned in the cons section above, you can keep the top layer solid while splitting the layers underneath.
This gives a best of both worlds situation if the idea of a little space between the bed sides has been keeping you up at night! A split mattress with no gap in between the sides would look like this in our builder:
Alternatively, a split layered mattress that does not have a merged layer on top would look like this:
As you make each side unique to you, you can click each layer to customize the firmness and support you will feel.
The example above has one side with soft talalay latex for the top layer, dunlop medium for the middle, and dunlop firm at the bottom. The opposite side of the bed has medium dunlop latex at the top, dunlop firm in the middle, and dunlop extra firm at the base.
Creating the perfect mattress for your body depends on a variety of factors, like sleep position , desired firmness, and what comfort means for you.
Recommended Reading: Sleep Number Bed Sheets California King