The Sleep Number Cooling Memory Foam
The m7 is the only Sleep Number bed that offers the hugging sensation of memory foam. If you and your sleep partner prefer a light memory-foam cradling, and if you cant agree on a firmness level, then the m7 may be a worthwhile, albeit expensive, option. However, the company doesnt divulge what, exactly, is in that foamy comfort portion, so we dont know how dense, and therefore durable, it is. The sinky-ness of the m7 is comparable to that of most online foam mattresses . It has a slight sinking sensation, but not the more-assertive curve-conforming feel of something like the Tempur-Adapt.
Legal Issues And Controversy
In 2005, Sleepy’s, which is now Mattress Firm, sued Select Comfort, currently known as Sleep Number, for disparaging the quality and comfort of Personal Preference beds made by Sleepy’s, and said Sleepys offered inferior warranties. The case revolved around whether or not Select Comfort violated a 2005 contract that let Sleepys sell a Select Comfort product, while Select Comfort sold an arguably superior product in its own stores. The case was originally dismissed in 2015 by U.S. District Judge Joanna Seybert in Central Islip, New York but later revived by the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in 2018 after finding out that the lower court misinterpreted part of the New York law. The appeals court also threw out a $2.63 million legal fee award for Sleep Number. In 2015, a class action lawsuit was filed against Sleep Number and Leggett & Platt accusing the companies of failing to uphold the warranty and fix a bed they sold to customers, David and Katina Spade. The suit claims there were several other customers who experienced similar issues.
The Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed Performance Series
The Performance Series is slightly plusher than the Classic Series. The p5 and cooling pSE each have 4 inches of cushioning, for a total height of 10 inches. The p6, the companys most popular mattress, has an additional inch of cushioning, for an overall thickness of 11 inches.
Compared with the beds in the Classic line and the Performance lines p5, the p6 felt like a real mattress, the kind with a surface thats adequately cushioned for people who are not particularly high-maintenance. But when I tried the p6 at home, I couldnt shake the feeling that I was sleeping on a rubber raft. The 5 inches of foam wasnt enough for me to nestle into, even with a softer air-bladder setting. Letting out air offered more give, but then the bed didnt feel as supportive, and it still didnt feel fluffy, per se.
I was left feeling adrift, but my husband, by contrast, loved sleeping on the p6. For once, instead of compromising on my medium-soft-mattress preferences, he could sleep on a firm mattress next to me. It was a sad day for him when we returned this mattress.
The pSE wasnt available to try at the store when I visited, but Sleep Numbers publicist said it has proprietary ClimaTemp foam that is softer and more plush than whats typically used on the p series. Unfortunately, were not sure exactly how this technology works because Sleep Number doesnt share details about its foam.
Don’t Miss: Sleep Number Sioux Falls Sd
Who Makes Sleep Number Beds
Sleep Number beds are made by Select Comfort Corporation , which is a public company. They design, manufacture, market, and distribute beds, proprietary beds, and other sleep-related accessory products and are headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Select Comfort was founded by Robert Walker and JoAnn Walker in 1987. Today, the company has around 3,700+ employees and was listed as the 87th best Small Company in America by Forbes.
Select Comfort has two manufacturing plants one in Irmo, South Carolina and the other in Salt Lake City, Utah which distribute products in the United States and Canada.
What To Look Forward To
In 2022, Sleep Number is releasing its Climate 360 Smart Bed, which is said to be responsive to both temperature and firmness preferences. The company says the bed will have sensors to measure sleep-tracking data like your heart, heart-rate variability, and breathing rate. Among other features, the mattress will automatically adjust firmness in response to your movements, and warm or cool the bed based on your body temperature. Sleep Number also now offers a kids bed.
Further reading on mattresses
Don’t Miss: Sleep Number Flexfit Adjustable Base
Sleep Number Mattress Vs Alternative Mattresses
Sleep Number Mattresses are a popular choice for shoppers looking for customized comfort. With firmness adjustability and 11 mattress models, there is a fit for every person and sleep position.
But there are reasons that some consumers are looking elsewhere, such as
- Cost savings: Sleep number mattresses range in price from $999-$5,099 for a queen-size mattress. There are many less expensive alternatives, especially for couples who dont need different firmness levels on each side of the bed. See our Sleep Number Bed Coupons page for more.
- Features: While Sleep Number Beds come with many useful features, there are features out there that they do not have. For instance, couples might want a bed with dual temperature control.
- Trial period & return policy:Sleep Number offers a 100-night sleep trial. If you decide to return your mattress, you will be charged an additional fee. Some mattress companies have longer trial periods and free returns.
- Shipping cost: Sleep Number charges $199 in shipping. Many companies ship for free.
The Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed Classic Series
The under-$1,500 Classic Series is Sleep Numbers entry-level offering, and the mattresses in this line sure feel like it. The 8-inch c2 reminds me of a dormitory bednot surprising, since it contains only 2 inches of foam the rest of the mattress is made up of air encased in the bladder. The c4 has an inch more foam, for a total of 9 inches, and feels only slightly less institutional theres nothing cuddly about it. Unless youre used to sleeping on a mat or you plan on springing for a good mattress topper, we dont recommend this series.
In 2020, Sleep Number updated its 360 Smart Beds, adding temperature-balancing featuresincluding high air-flow fabrics and gel materialsmeant to make the mattresses feel cooler and more breathable.
Recommended Reading: Sleep Number Split King Reviews
Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Vs Tuft & Needle Percale Sheets
Both the Sleep Number True Temp and Tuft & Needle Percale sheets are made of cotton, but thats where the similarities end. True Temp sheets are known for their cooling capabilities, and the cotton they are made of doesnt feel as soft as the cotton in the Tuft & Needle Percale sheets.
The Tuft & Needle Percale sheets are made of supima cotton, some of the softest cotton on the market. They have a soft, yet crisp feel. Like the True Temp sheets, they are lightweight. Unlike the True Temp sheets, they dont feature any special cooling technology.
Who Should Get True Temp Sheets
- Hot sleepers
- People looking for a light cotton feel
Who Should Get Tuft & Needle Percale Sheets
- Fans of crisp sheets
Check out our Tuft & Needle sheets review.
Essential Fit Cotton Sheet Set
- Sizes available: Twin, Twin Extra-long, Full, Queen, Expanded Queen, King, Split King, FlexTop King, California King, Split California King, FlexTop King
- Colors available: wheat, white, ivory, steel blue, light gray, sage, poppy, wine, dark teal, navy
Made from a combination of 95% cotton and 5% elastane, the Essential Fit sheet set features a 300-thread count, providing softness and durability. The ExactFit design will ensure that the sheets move along with you, but with a quick recovery the next day. The SmartFit design will keep the sheets securely in one place, even as you move around during your sleep. Edges are elastic and feature an added anchor band, for extra peace of mind.
Upon your order of the Essential Fit Cotton sheet set, you will receive both a fitted sheet, as well as a flat one. The Split King size is an exception, as it comes with one extra fitted sheet. The Twin and Twin Extra-long sizes will be delivered with a single pillow case, while all the other models feature 2 pillow cases. The sheets can easily be cleaned in your washing machine, by selecting a gentle washing cycle.
- Available in 11 different sizes.
- Available in 10 different colors.
- Features a thread count of 300 .
- Larger size options provide one extra pillow case.
- Split King size comes with an extra fitted sheet.
- Material not as soft and dense as on sheets with higher thread count.
- Surface feels a bit itchy.
Don’t Miss: Sleep Number Friends And Family Coupon
Sleep Number Mattresses: An Honest Assessment
Weve updated this guide with information on new temperature-balancing features in Sleep Numbers 360 Smart Bed line and the forthcoming Climate 360 Smart Bed.
Spending thousands of dollars on a mattress that, by volume, is mostly air may sound as ridiculous as paying inflated prices for bottled water. But with some marketing magic and a few enticing extras, real or imagined, anything can happen. Sleep Number, the most successful brand in the adjustable air-bed category, offers 11 models with varying levels of cushioning, all of which can be puffed up to your desired firmness level with just the touch of a button. If you sleep alone and have a consistent firmness preference, Sleep Number is an overpriced option. But for couples with vastly different tastes in mattress firmness, those adjustable, air-filled chambers could be worth it.
The Most Popular Sleep Number
The most popular Sleep Number is in the 35-40 range. When I asked a representative why this is range is so popular, I was told: Sleep Number is really based on personal preference and what is most comfortable for each person, the 35-45 range gives great support and pressure relief for most.
Sleep Number also told us that, in terms of models, some common options are the C2 for the price point, P5 for the best value, and I8 for best comfort and the added cooling.
Read Also: Modular Base For Sleep Number Bed
Core Line 25 Year Limited Warranty
Sleep Number®s Core Line of mattresses: C2, C4, P5, P6, I7, I8, and I10 models and Sleep Number® modular bases purchased after May 1, 2017, are covered in the 25-year limited warranty.
It is highly recommended that potential customers and already existing customers read the full warranty policy on the website. There are some important insights and weve listed a couple here:
- Sleep Number will essentially cover the cost of a manufacturing or product defect in full for the first two years of the warranty.
- There are several things you can do to void your warranty. Some of these include staining/damaging your mattress with liquids or fluids, ripping off the legal tag, opening the remote and forgetting to keep your original receipt .
- After the first two years, you are responsible for a portion of the price needed for any repairs or replacements to your mattress or base.
Free Shipping & Warranty
The first important thing that needs to be mentioned is that you can benefit from free shipping upon ordering whichever bed set you fancy.
You can test the bed sheet for 30 nights, to see if youre happy with your purchase and to determine if the product really delivers as advertised. After 30 days, you can exchange the product by contacting customer support. Every bed sheet set sold by Sleep Number comes with 2-year limited warranty which cover defects that are a manufacturing mishap, and not those caused by human mishandling.
Smart TagsThe Sleep Number bed sheets integrate their own patented Logic Labels. Just as the name suggests it, there is a label included on the left corner of each sheet, to make it easier for you to make the bed. Every productivity hacker will tell you that you have to start your day by doing one difficult thing and what could seem more difficult in the morning that aligning your sheets and making the bed?
Perfect FitThe fitted sheets sold by the manufacturer include a Smart Fit design. That means that, aside from the sturdy elastic you would expect to see in a fitted sheet, the models sold by Sleep Number also come with anchor bands, an added measure that makes sure your sheet doesnt bunch up underneath you. Some of the sheet sets also include ExactFit features, which ensure the users that the sheet is flexible enough as to move together with them as they sleep.
Also Check: Sleep Number Split King Adjustable Bed Assembly
How Sleep Number Mattresses Compare
The low end of each price range refers to the size noted in the chart. The high end refers to a split or flextop California king bed, unless noted. Split and flextop mattresses are the same pricea split mattress works for a base that adjusts only the upper body a flextop works for one that adjusts to both upper and lower bodyand theyre around $200 to $600 more expensive than a regular mattress of the same size.
|Sleep Number Classic Series||Sleep Number Performance Series||Sleep Number Innovation Series||Sleep Number Memory Foam|
|10 inches||12 inches||13 inches||12 inches||11 inches||10 inches||11 inches|
Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Vs Cozy Earth Bamboo Sheets
Both of these sheets are known for their lightweight, cool design. The main difference is in their construction. Sleep Number True Temp sheets are made from lightweight cotton. They also are designed with cooling technology which adjusts to your specific body temperature so you can sleep cool throughout the entire night.
Instead of cotton, Cozy Earth Bamboo sheets are made from 100% viscose from bamboo. This makes them softer than True Temp sheets. While they are made of a moisture wicking, soft material, they dont sleep as cool as True Temp sheets.
Who Should Get True Temp Sheets
- Hot sleepers
- Fans of lightweight, cotton sheets
Who Should Get Cozy Earth Bamboo Sheets
- Sleepers looking for some of the softest sheets on the market
- Folks looking for a hypoallergenic option
Read our Cozy Earth sheets review.
Read Also: Sit And Sleep King Mattress
How To Get Sleep Number Discounts
- Get special discounts in your email by signing up for the Sleep Number newsletter. The sign-up form is located at the bottom of any website page next to Sign up for email updates.
- Shop the Sleep Number Sale section to get big discounts on mattresses and bedding.
- Check the Sleep Number homepage for current product-specific promotions.
- Join Sleep Number InnerCircle Rewards and earn credit for referring friends.
- Get free shipping on bedding at Sleep Number.
- Find out about sales and deals by following Sleep Number on Facebook.
Who Might Not Want A Sleep Number
- People who love memory foam Depending on what is available, there are one possibly two Sleep Number models that offer a comfort layer made with memory foam. Those who love the feel of classic memory foam will be limited on Sleep Number beds, which are at their core adjustable air beds.
- Couples who like to sleep close together One of the biggest complaints from couples is that a sagging/division is created in between the dual air chambers on the bed. Couples who like to sleep close or cuddle in the center of the bed feel as those they are sinking into the middle of the bed.
You May Like: Can I Use Regular Sheets On A Sleep Number Bed
Supima Cotton Sheet Set
- Sizes available: Queen, King, California King, Split King, Split California King, FlexTop King, FlexTop California King
- Colors available: white, gray
The Supima Cotton sheets from Sleep Number are considered to be the best set of its kind. Compared to other models that have a thread count of 300, this one provides a double figure which basically means double the comfort. These MADE IN GREEN sheets by OEKO-TEX are environmentally friendly, as they are made in sustainable facilities. Upon ordering the Supima set, you will receive one flat sheet, one fitted sheet and two pillowcases. Both the Split King and Split Cal King sets are made of 2 x Twin Extra-Long fitted sheets.
- Not a single bad review.
- High thread count of 600.
- Smooth and identical feel on both sides.
- Color options are very narrow.
- Expensive compared to other Sleep Number bed sheets.
- Sizes available: Twin Extra-Long, Queen, King, California King, Split King, FlexTop King, FlexTop California King
- Colors available: white, gray, taupe, sky blue, blush
As you wash this sheet more and more, you will notice that the amount of lint slowly decreases. But in order to ensure that you benefit from a longer lasting product, proper care is required. Since the surface acts like a magnet, the Winter set needs to be washed separately from other fabrics. Its recommended that you wash the sheets in cold water, with no added bleach or fabric softener.
Select Comfort~sleep Number~king Flat Sheet 250 Threadcount Blue
Seller:yosemite7199.5%, Location:Chanhassen, Minnesota, US, Ships to: WORLDWIDE, Item:185053073473SELECT COMFORT~Sleep Number~KING flat sheet 250 threadcount Blue. SELECT COMFORT~Sleep Number~KING flat sheet 250 threadcount Blue. Condition:Pre-owned, Brand:Sleep Number Select Comfort, Pattern:Solid Color, Type:Flat Sheet, Care Instructions:Easy Care, Machine Wash, Tumble Dry, Size:King, Color:Blue, Style:Modern, Features:Breathable, Machine Washable, Room:Bedroom, Thread Count:201-400 See More
- Popularity – 0 watching, 1 day on eBay. 1 sold, 0 available. 1 bid. More
Read Also: Do Sleeping Pills Make You Lose Weight
About Sleep Number Innercircle Rewards
Get special discounts and benefits by creating a free account with Sleep Numbers InnerCircle Rewards program. As a member, you can refer friends to the company when they buy a Sleep Number bed, youll get a $100 reward certificate. You can also earn points with other tasks, such as writing reviews and sharing Sleep Number on your social media platforms. As you earn points, you can get discounts on Sleep Number products. Need more? Membership also gives you access to sales, giveaways, and exclusive discounts for you and your loved ones.