Sleep Testing And Evaluation
- Maintenance of wakefulness : This test examines your ability to stay awake and alert during a series of 40-minute sessions during the day.
- Bi-level airway pressure therapy: If you cant tolerate normal CPAP pressures, this advanced therapy offers a modification in the inspiratory and expiratory pressures to allow for a more comfortable experience in maintaining a more open airway.
- Auto servo ventilation and average volume assured pressure support : This test is used if you experience hypoventilation, which is reduced air into the lungs, resulting in too little oxygen in the body. Some causes of hypoventilation are respiratory muscle weakness or neuromuscular disorders , restrictive disorders and obstructive lung disease .
- Oral appliance: Your dentist may refer you for pretesting to see if you qualify for an oral appliance. If testing determines that an oral appliance would be beneficial, your dentist will fit you with an appropriate appliance and you can return for a post treatment study to evaluate the effectiveness of the appliance.
Sleep Medicine At Garnet Health
Has your partner complained about your snoring? Do you toss and turn all night, or find yourself nodding off during the day? You may benefit from seeing an expert at the Garnet Health Center for Sleep Medicine, accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Our sleep medicine specialists diagnose and provide treatment for a wide variety of sleep disorders, including insomnia and obstructive sleep apnea. They can help determine the root of sleep issues for both adults and children older than age 2.
For the youngest patients, our Sleep Medicine for Children program at Garnet Health is focused on the specific needs of children. Our pediatric sleep specialists know your child needs proper sleep to perform well in school and maintain good mental health. Their care techniques are tailored to this age group, and they prioritize partnering with parents to create regimens that aid sleep and help your child thrive.
Centers For Sleep Medicine
Our board-certified sleep medicine physicians have the highest levels of training to diagnose and treat your sleep disorder.
An overnight sleep test is one of the first steps we take to understand and diagnose your sleep problems. Often, these sleep tests can take place at your own home with a disposable unit that is shipped to your doorstep and can be thrown away after use.
When an overnight stay is necessary, we offer hotel-like accommodations with free wireless internet and cable, in a clean and comfortable environment.
You May Like: Children’s Lung Asthma And Sleep Specialists Ocala Fl
The Center For Sleep Medicine Profile And History
The Center for Sleep Medicine is the largest sleep medicine practice in the State of Illinois. The Center for Sleep Medicine includes six American Academy of Sleep Medicine accredited sleep centers located throughout the Chicagoland area. AASM accreditation is the gold standard by which physicians in the community and patients evaluate sleep medicine services. The centers are staffed by a m ultidisciplinary, multispecialty team of 17 board-certified sleep specialists who diagonse and provide treatment for Insomnia, Snoring, Daytime Sleepiness, Sleep Apnea, Narcolepsy, Shift Work Difficulties, Restless Legs, Periodic Limb Movements and Circadian Rhythm Disorders. Included are specialists from the fields of neurology, pulmonary medicine, psychiatry, internal medicine, pediatrics, and dental sleep medicine. In addition, our medical clinic includes one of the few behavioral sleep medicine programs in the country. For employers, The Center for Sleep Medicine can assist you in creating a comprehensive fatigue management program. The goal of such a program is to create policies and procedures to be implemented in an operational environment that mitigate human fatigue caused by sleep disorders. Our offices are conveniently located at the following locations.
What Is A Sleep Specialist
Have you ever heard of a medical doctor whose medical subspecialty is in sleep? If you have a heart problem you see a cardiologist or a breathing problem a pulmonologist. Most individuals suffering from a lack of sleep have never seen a sleep doctor. The Center for Sleep Medicine has medical doctors who are board certified in sleep medicine and other health professionals who can fix your sleep problems.
Read Also: Sit N Sleep Ventura Blvd
The Center For Sleep Medicine
About the Business
The Center for Sleep Medicine applies the highest level of medical expertise toward improving the overall health and quality of life for those individuals who place themselves in our care. We commit ourselves to providing clinical, educational and technical excellence, respect, integrity and compassion to those persons who entrust us with their sleep health.
Yelp users havent asked any questions yet about The Center for Sleep Medicine.
Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can’t pay to alter or remove their reviews. Learn more.
A Good Night’s Sleep Is Within Reach
Find a sleep specialist in your area who can diagnose, manage and even eliminate what’s keeping you or your children up at night.
Healthy sleep is about more than feeling refreshed it’s key to fighting disease, reducing stress and maintaining good mental health.
The AMITA Health Center for Sleep Health helps diagnose, manage and even eliminate disruptive sleep patterns and disorders with the latest technology and personalized care at convenient locations across greater Chicago. Our sleep management experts including the area’s few pediatric sleep specialists help put you or your child on the path to long-term peace and wellness. We’re here for you. In sickness and in health.®
Recommended Reading: Live And Sleep Memory Foam Mattress
Accredited By American Academy Of Sleep Medicine
American Academy of Sleep Medicine accreditation is the gold standard by which physicians in the community and patients evaluate sleep medicine services. The accreditation process involves detailed reviews of policies, procedures, patient charts, and such things as inter-scorer reliability with regard to sleep study data. Accreditation also ensures that services are provided in facilities providing optimal patient care.
Chicago Illinois Aasm Sleep Center
The Center for Sleep Medicine in Chicago, Illinois is Chicagos leaders in treating common sleep related disorders including: insomnia, sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, snoring, and much more. We are proud to be the areas preferred provider of sleep studies and CPAP alternatives .
Parking is available in the building. The entrance is located on Huron just off inner Lake Shore Drive. Take the parking garage elevator down to the lobby . Security personnel will check your I.D. and direct you to the elevator that will take you up to the sleep center .
If you are parking elsewhere or arriving by taxi, you can enter the building from any direction: north , east , south or west . Proceed to the lobby which is nearest the Erie Street entrance. Security personnel will check your I.D. and direct you to the elevator that will take you up to the sleep center .
Parking is not validated for daytime appointments.
Discounted parking validation is available for overnight parking from your technician. The technician can only accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and/or American Express.
Discounted Parking Passes:
You May Like: Sit And Sleep King Mattress
Why Choose Northwestern Medicine
The Northwestern Medicine Sleep Health Centers can diagnose and treat numerous sleep disorders, including sleep apnea, periodic limb movement disorder, nocturnal behaviors disorders and narcolepsy.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from a sleep disorder:
- Heavy snoring followed by grunting
- Choking or gasping for breath during sleep
- Feeling tired or fatigued after sleeping
- Weight fluctuation and/or inability to lose weight
- Nodding off while driving
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep
- High blood pressure
- Frequent urination
- Depression or substance abuse
Our centers are staffed by neurology and pulmonary critical care physicians, board-certified or board-eligible sleep medicine specialists*, registered polysomnographic technologists, respiratory therapists specially trained in adult and pediatric sleep disorders that provide:
- Advanced diagnostic testing.
- Personalized attention from certified sleep specialists.
- Home-like amenities combined with modern technology put you at ease.
- Consistently high scores for overall patient satisfaction.
- Fast results shared with your primary care physician for follow-up and treatment.
Don’t Wait Any Longer Take Control Of Your Sleep Today
Contact us for sleep disorder diagnosis & treatment. To schedule an appointment with one of our board-certified physicians at any of our 5 convenient locations, please call or fill the form below.
Office Hours:Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
We are accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine . This accreditation is the gold standard by which physicians in the community and patients evaluate sleep medicine services…
Also Check: American Sleep Therapy Bed Prices
What Are Sleep Disorders
Sleep disorders may involve difficulty staying awake or having a regular sleep/wake cycle, sleepwalking, nightmares, bed-wetting, insomnia, restless leg syndrome and sleep apnea. They often cause trouble staying alert, irritability and difficulty concentrating or remembering facts.
The Centers for Disease Control have called insufficient sleep a public health epidemic in the United States. If youre frequently tired, wake frequently or fall asleep when you are trying to stay awake, you can complete the Epworth Sleepiness Scale to determine if youre a candidate for a sleep study.
Millions of Americans suffer from a sleep disorder. Sleep problems can interfere with quality of life and personal health, and they have a negative impact on society. Consider the following facts about sleep disorders:
- A sleep disorder can aggravate or lead to serious health problems
- Studies show a high incidence of sleep apnea in people with heart disease
- Sleep apnea is known to raise blood pressure
- Persistent, untreated insomnia may lead to major depression, anxiety disorders and substance abuse
- Sleep deprivation and sleep disorders are costing Americans an estimated $100 billion+ annually in lost productivity, medical expenses, sick leave, property and environmental damage
- Nearly 7 out of 10 Americans experience frequent sleep problems, which means 40 million people have not been diagnosed
Learn More About Sleep Medicine Specialists And How To Choose The Right One For You
A sleep medicine doctor specializes in preventing, diagnosing and treating sleep and circadian rhythm disorders, including snoring, sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy, restless legs syndrome, and shift work sleep disorder. A sleep medicine doctor cares for the physical and emotional health needs of people with sleep problems to improve their patients overall health and quality of life.
A sleep medicine doctor typically:
Evaluates your medical history and sleep symptoms
Performs a physical exam
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Sleep Medicine Specialist in Glenview, IL?
How can I find a Glenview, IL Sleep Medicine Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Sleep Medicine Specialist in Glenview, IL?
How can I book an appointment online with a Sleep Medicine Specialist in Glenview, IL?
How can I find a Glenview, IL Sleep Medicine Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Sleep Medicine Specialist in Glenview, IL?
Need a Telehealth visit? Healthgrades can help you connect right away.
Need a Telehealth visit? Connect now.
- Rated 2.5 out of 5 stars, with7 ratings1465 Commerce Dr
Recommended Reading: Sleep Number Bed Snoring Reviews
Our Staff Is Board Certified
We are staffed with a multidisciplinary, multispecialty team of sleep disorder specialists. This includes board-certified sleep specialists who are also board certified in another medical subspecialty such as neurology, psychiatry, internal and pulmonary medicine, pediatrics or otolaryngology. Our staff also includes behavioral sleep specialists who offer expertise in the treatment of insomnia, shift work disorders, and other sleep-related problems requiring cognitive behavioral interventions. In addition, our center has board certified dentists on staff that have specialized training in the selection, fitting and use of custom designed oral appliances that maintain an open, unobstructed airway when worn during sleep.
Sleep Medicine Is Our Sole Practice
We are wholly committed to the field of sleep medicine. Our staff practices ONLY sleep medicine. It is not uncommon for a patient to have more than one sleep disorder. Sleep medicine should not represent a part-time effort or something that is done outside of a doctors primary medical subspecialty. Sleep medicine is much more than good sleep hygiene or testing for sleep apnea. Our doctors are committed to finding the right diagnosis, treatment and outcome for all sleep disorders. Often the best treatment is a combination of treatments. Our multidisciplinary staff can help you with all of your sleep needs.
Recommended Reading: Cost To Return Sleep Number Bed
We Treat These Sleep Disorders And Conditions
- Snoring and sleep apnea : Difficulty breathing while asleep, pauses of breathing in sleep, choking, gasping and snoring.
- Insomnia: Trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, early morning awakenings, nonrestorative sleep and daytime impairment of function.
- Restless Legs Syndrome : A restless, crawling feeling of discomfort in the legs at bedtime, and an urge to move the legs and at times jerking the legs involuntarily while sleeping.
- Narcolepsy: Difficulty staying awake during the day sudden weakness of muscles while laughing or emotionally charged, or muscle paralysis while falling asleep.
- Sleep terrors/night terrors: Episodes of intense fear, screaming, kicking, panic and thrashing while still asleep.
- Parasomnias: Sleepwalking, night terrors, sleep talking, severe nightmares or aggressive behavior during dreaming .
- Pediatric Sleep Disorders: We evaluate, diagnose and treat a range of pediatric sleep conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, night terrors and Restless Legs Syndrome.
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder : Repetitive cramping or jerking of the legs that interfere with sleep.
- Shift work sleep disorders: Inability to establish sleep pattern because of change in work shifts affecting the bedtime.
- Pediatric sleep disturbances
Conditions Treated By Sleep Medicine
Obstructive sleep apnea is one of the most common sleep disorders. It is characterized by paused or restricted breathing while sleeping, which affects oxygen levels in the blood and brain. OSA has been associated with conditions such as high blood pressure, coronary artery disease and heart attack. The experienced doctors at the Center for Sleep Medicine at Garnet Health are highly killed in not only pinpointing the sleep disorder affecting you, but also finding the right treatment and helping you regularly get a restful nights sleep.
Sleep disorders can manifest in a variety of ways, and Garnet Health specialists will employ a variety of tactics to make an accurate diagnosis. Symptoms that may indicate that you have OSA or another sleep disorder include:
- Taking more than half an hour to fall asleep at night
- Feeling fatigued or sleepy during the day
- Excessive snoring or interrupted breathing during sleep
Discuss your symptoms with your primary care doctor or sleep medicine specialist.
Also Check: Sleep Number S1 Vs C2