Sleep Number C4 Mattresses Vs Others
If youve never tested out a Sleep Number c4, well do our best to explain how it compares to other types of beds. What is it really like to sleep on air rather than metal coils, foam, or springs?
Simply put, this bed will feel really firm with a small layer of cushion for pressure relief. Mattresses who have similar qualities include the Loom & Leaf memory foam mattress, which is a less-firm mattress, but also has the thin layer of foam specifically designed for pressure relief. Then theres the hybrid mattress WinkBed, which is way more firm and has a pillow top layer for pressure relief. Lastly, theres the Amerisleep ASI, which has a firmness level near exact to the c4, along with a thin layer of memory foam for contouring.
There are also other permanent-use air beds on the market, but none seem to have the sophistication of Sleep Number, things like comfort layers and sleep tracker integrations. However, if youve slept on an everyday use air bed like an Aerobed, you at least have a general idea of the what the firm-quality of the air chambers themselves feel like.
The issues that came up more often than deflation were more so around the remote not working or, if you choose to include it, the Sleep IQ tech breaking down. If youre not a techie, you might want to think twice before buying the c4.
Is The Sleep Number C4 Right For You
Now that weve spelled out all you need to know about the c4, here are the main reasons this mattress might work for you:
- You know you like firm beds. You have to really love firm beds to get down with the c4. The comfort layer helps provide some cushion, but youre mostly going to feel like youre sleeping on something really firm. This would potentially work great for a side sleeper. If youre a stomach sleeper, you should probably avoid the c4.
- You sleep with a partner.This bed adjusts on either end, which can be a lifesaver if you know you love something super firm, but your partner needs just a little bit more cushion. Your Sleep Number setting will help alleviate some of the firmness if you or your partner are craving a little more give.
- You want pressure relief in your head and neck.Not a ton of people spoke to the contouring qualities of the comfort layer piece, but those who did specifically said it did a fine job molding to the curves in their head and neck, providing pressure relief and alleviating unwanted aches and pains.
Queen Size Bed Dimensions Vs California King
If you are on this page, you might be wondering which mattress to go for between queen size bed dimensions vs California king. In this case, you definitely want to ensure that you choose the best between these two options.
The fact is, these mattresses are one of the best options you can get in the market. But, they have their advantages and disadvantages. One has enough sleeping space, while the other is cheaper.
This article will closely consider these two mattresses, see the difference between the two, and other buying considerations.
Also Check: Do Sleep Number Beds Get Mold
True Temp Sheets Vs Brooklinen Classic Core Sheets
- The Brooklinen Classic Core sheets are percale sheets, giving them a crisp, cool touch. Think of a classic button down shirts feel!
- The Brooklinen sheets have a bit lower thread count, coming in at 270 versus the True Temps 300-thread count.
- The Classic Core sheets are available in twin sizes, unlike the True Temp sheets which start at a queen.
- The Brooklinen Classic Core Sheets have a bit lower of a price tag than the Sleep Number True Temp sheets!
- To learn more about these cooling sheets, visit my full Brooklinen Sheets review.
How Durable Are The True Temp Sheets
Durability is always something to consider when looking for new sheets . In my opinion, these sheets felt really strong and durable theyre backed by Sleep Numbers 1-year limited warranty, so the brand thinks they hold up too.
In order to keep your True Temp sheets in the pristine condition they arrived in, Sleep Number recommends machine washing on a gentle cycle with cold water and mild detergent. Do not use chlorine bleach on these sheets. As far as drying goes, tumble dry on low heat or line dry as heat may affect the breathable technology.
The Sleep Number True Temp Sheets have a classic, crisp feel and sleep super cool.
Donât Miss: How Good Are Sleep Number Beds
Recommended Reading: Why Do Babies Cry In Sleep
Who Makes Sleep Number Beds
Sleep Number beds are made by Select Comfort Corporation , which is a public company. They design, manufacture, market, and distribute beds, proprietary beds, and other sleep-related accessory products and are headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Select Comfort was founded by Robert Walker and JoAnn Walker in 1987. Today, the company has around 3,700+ employees and was listed as the 87th best Small Company in America by Forbes.
Select Comfort has two manufacturing plants one in Irmo, South Carolina and the other in Salt Lake City, Utah which distribute products in the United States and Canada.
What To Look For In A Mattress
Different people need different characteristics in a mattress depending on their preferences, sleep position habits, and body weights. The following factors determine how a mattress feels to you, how long it will last, how well it supports you throughout the night, and more.
Tester uses a weight to test edge support.
- Temperature Neutrality: When a mattress is truly temperature neutral, it doesnt cause a person to feel too hot or cold throughout the night. Sleeping hot is a problem many people face. Foams and other materials that contour closely also tend to trap heat. There are many efforts manufacturers make to counteract this and achieve temperature neutrality.
- Noise: Some mattresses, particularly those with innersprings, can make noise when weight is put on them or movement occurs. Individually-encased pocketed coils are generally quieter than innersprings, which can squeak. All-foam mattresses tend to be the quietest of all and are virtually silent.
Read Also: Can You Burn Calories While Sleeping
Sleep Number Series/model Breakdown
Sleep Number offers two types of beds:
- 360® Smart Beds
- Value Beds
The 360® Smart Beds are organized into three categories: Classic, Performance, and Innovation.
Each series essentially builds off the other. The Classic Series beds, the C2, and C4 offer the most standard options while the Innovation Series has the largest, thickest layers and most added features.
The Classic series models are the most basic mattresses. They will have the firmest feel to them because there is the least amount of layers between the air chamber and the top of the mattress.
|72 x 84||split only at the head of the bed|
The Split and FlexTop mattresses are best paired with a FlexFit Adjustable Base. For example, with a Split King, the sleeper can raise/lower just the head and feet of his or her side of the bed. If the persons partner is snoring, he or she could raise the head of just their side with a FlexTop.
Dimensions Of A King Size Bed
King size bed dimensions are 76 inches wide and 80 inches tall. The mattress height depends on the brand, but height generally ranges from 8 inches to 14 inches. These dimensions give you and your sleep partner lots of room to spread out. King size mattresses are also the perfect fit for a master bedroom.
You May Like: Sleep Number New Hartford Ny
What Sleep Experts Say
Adjustable beds are helpful in relieving back pain and helping people manage issues like sleep apnea, fibromyalgia and more. In a study on the short term effects of adjustable air beds, beds and innerspring mattresses on chronic back pain, 95% of patients showed significant back pain relief and 88% reported better sleep quality while using adjustable air bedsMonsein M, Corbin TP, Culliton PD, Merz D, Schuck EA. Short-term outcomes of chronic back pain patients on an airbed vs innerspring mattresses. MedGenMed. 2000 2:E36. .
No Initial Bad Smells
In the mattress industry, there is a term called off-gassing. Its used rather widely by both mattress providers and customer reviews, as well.
Now, I have to be honest with you when I first heard this expression, I had someDifferent ideas for what it might mean. I mean, read the word out loud yourselfYa, I know.
Apparently, though, the meaning behind this term is rather simple when you see some Sleep Number bed reviews referencing off-gassing, keep in mind that that stands for the initial odors that a mattress may have right after you unpack it back at your place.
Now, this is somewhat of a tricky subject some mattress smells linger for only a few hours, while others may smell like hell for weeks to come. Also, it really does depend on the material that the mattress is made of natural and organic mattresses have a nicer smell than those of, say, foam. That said, they are usually the ones that off-gass more, too.
All of that said, if we were to believe Sleep Number mattress reviews, this isnt going to be a problem youd have to deal with.
You see, Sleep Number specializes in air mattressesinflatable beds that have a layer of polyfoam on top of them. This type of mattresses are usually used for when you have guests over, or when you move a lot and cant afford to purchase a 100lbs mattress to drag around everywhere you go.
Latest Saatva Coupon Found:
Also Check: Art Van Pure Sleep Mattresses
Inside The Personal Comfort Bed
The H12 comes with an Aloe Vera smooth top mattress cover, putting your body closer to the gel-infused comfort layer. The top panel can easily be zipped off for dry cleaning.
Stretchable Airlayer helps dissipate heat and moisture while conforming to your body. This layer allows for more flexibility during adjustments.
Contouring gel-infused comfort layer distributes heat to make comfortable temperature while contouring to your body.
Our Air Flow Comfort Layer provides additional contouring support while maintaining a desired level of comfort for a restful night’s sleep.
Built from 24-gauge anti-microbial treated vulcanized rubber. Air chambers are baffled so the displacement of the air is more contouring to your body.
Wrapped side and head/foot rails help prevent the internal number bed components from shifting. Wrapped rails also make assembly a breeze.
12 Total Mattress Thickness
What Is A King Size
A king-size, or eastern king mattress measures 75 inches by 80 inches. King size mattresses are a great choice for couples and offers more personal space for both sleepers. These types of mattresses fit comfortably in a 12 feet by 12 feet bedroom, including a couple of nightstands with walking space.
- Best for large master bedrooms
Read Also: Stomach Sleeper Memory Foam Mattress
What Makes The I10 A Smart Bed
All Sleep Number Smart Beds include smart technologies to try and up the ante in the bedroom. The main feature is their Responsive Air Technology feature, which well explain first.
- Responsive Air technology. The Responsive Air technology found in all smart series beds can sense your movements and automatically adjust your beds firmness level so youre constantly cradled well throughout the night. The air chambers have pressure sensors inside that detect where your body is and when it moves around and will make adjustments accordingly. Theres a sensor at the end of the bed that collects all the data and sends it to your Sleep Number app as well.
- Integration with SleepIQ® technology. Every mattress in the 360® series includes the SleepIQ technology, which tracks your sleep via sensors inside the mattress that measure your breathing, heart rate, and general movements. When you wake up, you get a sleep score, which provides personal insights into how well you slept during the night. The technology also connects to other Smart devices and apps, so you can track your sleep alongside your food intake and exercise regime. Currently, SleepIQ® is able to connect with Apple® Health, Fitbit®, Microsoft® Health, Nest Learning Thermostat, MapMyRun, Withings Health Mate.
Follow these steps to connect them:
How Do I Find My Sleep Number
A Sleep Number can be determined either before or after purchasing a Sleep Number bed. It will really all come down to what feels right to the individual.
Those who want to know their number before purchasing a mattress, they can visit their closest Sleep Number store and have a sales representative walk them through the process. At the store, the person will rest on a Sleep Number bed and they will inflate/deflate the floor model till they find a comfortable spot.
After purchasing a Sleep Number bed and having it delivered and set up, individuals can use the remote it comes with to start determining their Sleep Number. Instructions are provided Sleep Numbers website some of the steps include asking the sleeper to lie in their waking up sleep position and letting the mattress to go from soft to firm and back from firm to soft. This way can identify which firmness level is best.
Enough about numbers, lets talk about whats actually in a Sleep Number bed.
All Sleep Number mattresses come with one or two air chambers. These air chamber use a pump to bring in air that will inflate or deflate the chamber based on the individuals Sleep Number setting. Sleep Number calls this feature DualAir technology.
The higher the number the firmer the mattress will be. When there are two air chambers, each person can adjust the amount of air in their air chamber based on their personal preference.
360® Smart Beds Responsive Air Technology
Recommended Reading: National Guard At Capitol Sleeping
Where Can I Find A Great Affordable Mattress
If youre searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, weve compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
1. Saatva Mattress fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2022.
2. Amerisleep great for responsive pressure relief.
3. Puffy feels like youre sleeping on a cool cloud .
4. Ghostbed beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
5. Winkbeds 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2022, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!
Dont Miss: How Much Weight Can I Lose While Sleeping
Why You Should Trust Us
As a senior staff writer at Wirecutter, Ive spent over two years covering sleep and mattresses. Im the author of Wirecutters mattress buying guide, foam mattress guide, innerspring mattress guide, and sleep tracker guide. Ive slept on dozens of different mattresses at home, sampled dozens more in-store, visited mattress factories, and attended mattress trade shows. Ive also spent countless hours interviewing dozens of sleep and mattress experts about good sleep hygiene, pressure-point relief, and proper spinal alignment in bed. For this guide, I made two visits to the Sleep Number store in New York City to try its offerings. I also slept on the Sleep Number 360 p6 in my home for about three weeks.
Recommended Reading: Central Sleep Apnea In Toddlers
What The Numbers Mean
Sleep Number is all about beds, but in case it wasnt obvious, theyre also all about numbers.
A persons Sleep Number number corresponds to the individuals ideal firmness and support.Numbers range from 0 to 100 and the higher the number, the more air/firmer the feel of the Sleep Number bed will be.
Likewise, the lower the Sleep Number, the less air will be in the air chamber and the softer the bed will be.
Sleep Numbers are super personal and can change. If an individual determines what he or she thinks his or her setting is in the store and go home and dont like it, there is no reason the person cant adjust the number till he or she finds a good fit.
Sleep Trial And Returns
One of the main reasons that buying online is different from in-store is that you dont have the ability to lie down on the bed before making your purchase. Instead, you have a sleep trial during which you can use the mattress at home with the option to return it for a refund.
Most customers appreciate an in-home sleep trial because they can test out the mattress in real-world conditions for an extended time. This gives a clearer sense of whether a mattress works for you than just feeling it out for 15 minutes in a mattress store. During the trial, you can return the mattress if you arent satisfied, and that usually entails the company sending someone to pick it up from your home.
Both Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number provide a sleep trial with their mattresses.
- Tempur-Pedic gives customers 90 nights to try the mattress at home. You are required to keep the mattress for 30 nights before initiating a return. If you decide that you dont want to keep it, there is a $175 charge for return shipping.
- Sleep Number gives customers 100 nights for a sleep trial and requires that you keep it for 30 nights before initiating a return. The return shipping charge for Sleep Number beds ranges from $199 to $249.
Recommended Reading: Sit And Sleep Santa Ana
Modular & Adjustable Bases
Since Sleep Number is all about individualized comfort, it is not surprising that they also make different types of bases for the mattress.
Sleep Number makes one modular base and three different adjustable bases for their mattresses: FlexFit 1, FlexFit 2 and FlexFit 3.
Note: A Sleep Numbers modular or adjustable base is not the only base that works with a Sleep Number mattress. All one needs to have is a flat and sturdy surface for the mattress or the individual may potentially void his or her warranty.