Sleep Number Mattress Pricing
Sleep Number mattresses fall into the luxury mattress category. Website pricing for queen mattresses is $899 to $4,299, depending on the model. These prices dont include optional upgrades, like regular or adjustable bases.
Sleep Number mattresses are generally comparable to other luxury mattresses. A queen-size Sleep Number 360 pSE Smart Bed with an adjustable base, under-bed lighting, and a foot-warming feature is $5,198 before tax and shipping. Thats about the same price as a Tempur-Pedic mattress with similar options and upgrades.
Who Might Want A Sleep Number
- People who like air beds- First and foremost, the core of the Sleep Number bed is the adjustable air mattress. Those who have had a positive experience with air beds, they will probably like what Sleep Number has to offer especially with all of its adjustable features.
- Couples who sleep differently Couples who have different support level preferences may like Sleep Number beds because most beds can be made with dual air chambers that allow each person to decide how firm their side of the bed will be. Some models like the I-10 even have comfort layers that can be adjusted on each side.
- People with physical injuries or medical conditions Whether its a bad back, occasional heartburn or recovery from an accident, Sleep Numbers adjustable mattress, and FlexFit bases allow people to get comfortable easily and then re-adjust when theyre back to normal.
- People who want options and flexibility Individualized comfort is the name of Sleep Numbers game, so its no surprise that people who want to be able to change things up on a nightly basis will like these models. Sleepers can adjust the firmness, pick a model whose layers fit their needs some can even help to sleep cool and they can add a FlexFit base for even more sleeping options.
Sleep Number Black Friday 2021
Take advantage of the Sleep Number Black Friday sale and get the most worthy deals that will decrease the pricing of their products significantly. Dont miss your chance!
|Best innerspring mattress. Eco-friendly and responsive.||Good for back pain & all sleeper types||A decent option as far as air mattresses go.|
Also Check: Lasik Eye Surgery Do They Put You To Sleep
How Can You Tell When Your Mattress Needs To Be Replaced
Despite what some mattress brands might suggest, no mattress will last forever. Some models are more durable than others but ultimately, the components of your mattress will begin to deteriorate. This can affect how supportive and comfortable your mattress feels, which in turn can lead to sleep problems and leave you feeling tired the next morning.
You may want to consider buying a new mattress if one or more of the following applies to your current bed:
- You frequently experience aches, pains, or pressure points in your neck, shoulders, lower back, and/or hips. Mattress comfort layers soften over time, which can cause you to sink more deeply beneath the surface.
- Deep body impressions have formed on the surface where you and/or your partner normally sleep. This is a common type of mattress wear and tear, and if the impressions are deep enough, the mattress may qualify for a free replacement under your warranty.
- The edges of your mattress have started to sink more when you sit or lie down along the perimeter. Even mattresses with sturdy edge support will begin to sag over time.
- You wake up feeling tired and fatigued. As mattresses deteriorate, your sleep quality may also suffer as the layers become less stable.
- You experience symptoms of dust allergies. Old mattresses can attract dust mites, as well as other allergens such as mold and mildew.
- Youve owned the mattress for more than eight years.
Trials Warranty And Delivery
|15 Year, Limited||$199 for White Glove delivery to all 50 states|
The process and logistics associated with buying a mattress online are different from the traditional brick-and-mortar experience. For customers, it tends to be more convenient to buy online, but there can be some confusion about exactly how it works.
The next three sections cover topics that are frequently asked about by people who are shopping for a mattress online for the first time.
What Sleep Experts Say
Adjustable beds are helpful in relieving back pain and helping people manage issues like sleep apnea, fibromyalgia and more. In a study on the short term effects of adjustable air beds, beds and innerspring mattresses on chronic back pain, 95% of patients showed significant back pain relief and 88% reported better sleep quality while using adjustable air bedsMonsein M, Corbin TP, Culliton PD, Merz D, Schuck EA. Short-term outcomes of chronic back pain patients on an airbed vs innerspring mattresses. MedGenMed. 2000 2:E36. .
Sleep Trial And Returns
One of the main reasons that buying online is different from in-store is that you dont have the ability to lie down on the bed before making your purchase. Instead, you have a sleep trial during which you can use the mattress at home with the option to return it for a refund.
Most customers appreciate an in-home sleep trial because they can test out the mattress in real-world conditions for an extended time. This gives a clearer sense of whether a mattress works for you than just feeling it out for 15 minutes in a mattress store. During the trial, you can return the mattress if you arent satisfied, and that usually entails the company sending someone to pick it up from your home.
Both Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number provide a sleep trial with their mattresses.
- Tempur-Pedic gives customers 90 nights to try the mattress at home. You are required to keep the mattress for 30 nights before initiating a return. If you decide that you dont want to keep it, there is a $175 charge for return shipping.
- Sleep Number gives customers 100 nights for a sleep trial and requires that you keep it for 30 nights before initiating a return. The return shipping charge for Sleep Number beds ranges from $199 to $249.
Don’t Miss: Are Sleep Number Beds Air Beds
Kinds Of Mattress Materials Best Time To Buy Sleep Number Mattress
There are many types of mattresses readily available in the market today. There are three primary kinds of mattresses memory innerspring, foam, and foam.
- Foam Bed mattress: A foam bed mattress is made up of a thin layer of polyurethane or latex that is sandwiched between a layer of visco-elastic material and a layer of strong product. This type of mattress is popular since it uses great assistance with very little pressure points. Foam bed mattress do not supply much bounce back when theyre compressed.
- Innerspring Bed mattress: Innerspring bed mattress generally include a coil of metal or wire surrounded by a length of springs. Innersprings have actually been around for decades and are still one of the most popular types of bed mattress readily available today.
- Memory Foam Mattress: Memory foam bed mattress have air pockets that make them viscoelastic and can adapt to the shape of your body and supply assistance without any concerns when it concerns ventilation or temperature. They likewise assist manage heat flow which makes sleeping more comfortable in the evening. In addition, these bed mattress are fantastic if you suffer from allergies due to the fact that they do not trap dust mites like traditional spring-based bed mattress. Memory foams tend to be expensive compared to other mattress alternatives.
Bed Material And Design
Their three series of beds are defined by initial comfort choices- reflected in the depth, and type, of foam used for each model. The foam is layered over air chambers which are adjustable through the use of a remote, as well as via a smartphone app. Each bed also is covered with a flexible, breathable polyester blend cover that moves with your bed adjustments and body movements.
The air chambers also adjust slightly independent of your settings to help accommodate your nocturnal movements. This is to help keep pressure point reduction at a minimum, and allow your body to rest in a a neutral, spinal supported position. When used with a FlexFit base you can even take advantage of the snore control feature, as well as the split king choices that are offered for even more dual comfort control.
You May Like: Can You Overdose On Sleeping Medication
Also Check: Mitchell Gold Sleeper Sofa Reviews
Sleep Trial Of The Sleep Number Mattresses:
Although sleep number provides a 100-night sleep trial on all current mattresses, this sleep trial has its terms and conditions that you must have to follow:
- You cannot return the mattress to get your money back until you spend 30night break-in period.
- Sleep Number gives the exchange offers during sleep trial. The offer says that you can exchange the mattress for the sake of upgrading by fulfilling the price difference during the sleep trial period. Another offer is, in case of a downgrade when exchanging the mattress, the company will return the extra amount to the consumer that has been left from the original price.
- The company will provide a full refund on the product within 21 business days after the mattress is shipped to the company. Also, the customer will bear the cost of shipping and transportation. The mattress should be received by the company in 30 days because after 30 days Sleep Number would not allow the reception of mattress for any refund.
Warranty of Sleep Number Mattresses:
Warranty plays an important role with the psyche of consumer especially at the time of purchasing any valuable article. Sleep number provides its customer with a fine period of 25 years as a warranty. This warranty period is applicable on all mattresses of classic, performance and innovation lines of sleep number collection.
Who Makes Sleep Number Beds
Sleep Number beds are made by Select Comfort Corporation , which is a public company. They design, manufacture, market, and distribute beds, proprietary beds, and other sleep-related accessory products and are headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Select Comfort was founded by Robert Walker and JoAnn Walker in 1987. Today, the company has around 3,700+ employees and was listed as the 87th best Small Company in America by Forbes.
Select Comfort has two manufacturing plants one in Irmo, South Carolina and the other in Salt Lake City, Utah which distribute products in the United States and Canada.
You May Like: Black Friday Deals On Sleep Number Beds
Best Time To Buy A Mattress
When it comes to buying the best mattress for your needs, how much youll spend often depends on when and where you purchase your bed. Costs vary considerably when you buy a mattress online compared to picking one out in a brick-and-mortar store. You can also save some money by making your purchase during annual sales, which often align with federal holidays and major shopping days like Black Friday.
Well cover how, when, and where to buy a mattress based on different factors, as well as the most affordable avenues for doing so. First, lets discuss issues that often arise with mattresses that need to be replaced.
Is Memorial Day A Good Time To Buy A Mattress
In one word: Yes! In a longer explanation, Lexie Sachs, the Executive Textiles Director within the Good Housekeeping Institute, explainsit best. “While mattress companies offer discounts and sales throughout the year,” says Sachs, “a holiday weekend is when you’ll see the most consistent and competitive offers across brands.”
Recommended Reading: Sleep Number I8 Flextop King
Good For All Types Of Heavier Sleepers
Sleeping positions are a tricky topic – we all have our own, but sometimes it can get rather difficult to pinpoint that one position in which we sleep at night.
As a general rule, youll find that most Sleep Number bed reviews talk about three main sleeping positions – back, stomach and side.
This isnt likely to come as a surprise to you, but all the different types of sleepers require some different sleeping conditions. Well, at least most of the time – its pretty hard to please everyone with the same product, now isnt it?
However, seeing the Sleep Number mattress reviews, it would seem that the company has almost managed to do just that.
Both the c2 and the c4 models of the mattress are rather firm – you can adjust this firmness by increasing or decreasing the amount of air within the special chambers of the bed. Combine that with the fact that the beds tend to conformto a persons body rather well, and you have yourself a pretty good result.
Now, what is that result, you may ask?
Table: Sleep Number’s pressure point relief
Well, if we were to judge the product according to the Sleep Number reviews, it would seem that the heavier person you are, the more youre going to appreciate the mattress. And it doesnt even matter what your preferred sleeping position is – given the fact that you can adjust the firmness of the mattress, this feature makes that factor almost irrelevant!
How Much Will A New Mattress Cost
The cost of a new mattress depends on several factors, but expect to spend at least $800 for a queen size model. The best mattress for you may cost more or less than this. A crucial first step is to research price-points from different online and brick-and-mortar mattress sellers, and then make a budget based on these findings.
Variables that can affect the price-point of a bed include the following:
Size: The twin, twin XL, and full sizes are primarily intended for one person. As a result, they can be hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars cheaper than the queen, king, and California king sizes intended for multiple sleepers. Specialty sizes like split queens or kings for couples with adjustable bases tend to be the most expensive.
Type: Material construction plays a major role in mattress pricing. All-foam and innerspring models are often the cheapest with an average price-point of $800 to $1,200 in a queen size. All-latex and hybrid models are more expensive, so you can expect to pay about $1,600 to $2,200 for these queen size models. Airbeds are the priciest, with most of these mattresses starting at $2,000.
Thickness: Since thicker mattresses contain more cushioning and support layers than lower-profile beds, youll probably spend a bit more on these models. Any bed measuring 12 inches or thicker is considered a high-profile model.
There are some other cost variables to take into account when buying a mattress either online or in-person. These include the following:
You May Like: Sleep Number King Of Prussia
What We Think About Sleep Number Mattresses
In general, we think you can get a more comfortable mattress for a lot less. But if you insist on Sleep Numbers adjustability because you and your partner cant compromise on a firmness level, and you have a flexible budget, we think only the Performance Series and Innovation Series mattresses and the Cooling Memory Foam mattress are worth considering. The less expensive Classic Series mattresses and the Value Bed lines are just too thin for most people. If you like a plush mattress with good support, then you should spend more for the Innovation Series beds, which have thicker cushioning.
Beyond SleepIQ, Sleep Numbers marketing also touts technology that claims to help you fall asleep faster with a foot-warming feature. You can also theoretically control your partners snoring by raising the upper portion of their side of the bed. However, these features are available only with the companys adjustable bases , which cost between $1,200 and $2,400 for a queen.
Heres how the mattresses themselves compare to one another:
Also Check: Can I Use Regular Sheets On A Sleep Number Bed
What Should I Look For When Buying A Mattress
Like most things we buy, a mattress is a deeply personal choice. Whether you’re team plush or firm, purchasing a mattress that reflects where your loyalties lie is your best bet to securing night after night of comfortable deep sleep. Therefore when considering what you want in a bed, it’s important to keep yoursleep position, body type, and personal preferences in mind to help narrow down your search.
Read Also: How Can I Lose Weight While Sleeping
Sleep Number Mattresses Specifications
Sleep Number is currently offering 8 different mattresses through their website. These fall into four general categories: Classic, Performance, Innovation, and Sleep 360. Some of the features offered in the Sleep Number mattresses include:
- Dual adjustable air chambers: the backbone of the Sleep Number mattresses. Each side of the mattress can be adjusted to a specific Sleep Number by increasing or decreasing the amount of air in the chamber.
- Foam comfort layer: some models have a foam comfort layer on top of the air chambers. One model uses memory foam, but the others use different types of more plush foam toppers.
- Temperature regulating materials: Sleep Number does not provide much detail about the nature of these materials, but some models are advertised as including more breathable or cooling materials to prevent sleeping hot.
- SleepIQ system: the SleepIQ system uses sensors in the mattress to track your movement, heart rate, and other indicators of your sleep quality. This data can be accessed through a mobile app and integrated with data from fitness trackers and other sensor-based technology. The SleepIQ system comes with some mattresses and is an optional add-on for others.
- Sleep 360 system: this system uses data from your movements to proactively adjust the mattress through the night.
The key features of each mattress model are described in the table below.
|SleepIQ systemSleep 360 system|