Modular & Adjustable Bases
Since Sleep Number is all about individualized comfort, it is not surprising that they also make different types of bases for the mattress.
Sleep Number makes one modular base and three different adjustable bases for their mattresses: FlexFit 1, FlexFit 2 and FlexFit 3.
Note: A Sleep Numbers modular or adjustable base is not the only base that works with a Sleep Number mattress. All one needs to have is a flat and sturdy surface for the mattress or the individual may potentially void his or her warranty.
Choosing The Right Frame
If youre opting to forgo an adjustable base, Sleep Number mattresses fit in most traditional frame, but a solid surface is strongly recommended. These are essentially air mattresses. Frames with slats dont offer enough support and could damage the bottom of the mattress. To turn your frame into a solid foundation, you need to lay a bunkie board a solid, mattress-sized panel over the slats. To save a few dollars, you can build your own bunkie board with plywood, but its critical to protect the bottom of your Sleep Number mattress, so sand it down carefully and add a thick layer of protective fabric.
Finding an affordable bed frame for a Sleep Number mattress can be tough, and its important to ensure you adhere to the responsibilities outlined in your warranty including the criteria for the frame, but with the addition of a solid bunkie board, any one of these should be a comfortable, cost-effective fit.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR OTHER PRODUCT REVIEWS:
Who Might Not Want A Sleep Number
- People who love memory foam Depending on what is available, there are one possibly two Sleep Number models that offer a comfort layer made with memory foam. Those who love the feel of classic memory foam will be limited on Sleep Number beds, which are at their core adjustable air beds.
- Couples who like to sleep close together One of the biggest complaints from couples is that a sagging/division is created in between the dual air chambers on the bed. Couples who like to sleep close or cuddle in the center of the bed feel as those they are sinking into the middle of the bed.
Also Check: Tea To Help Sleep And Lose Weight
How To Choose The Right Model
There are several resources and ways to decide which mattress is the best match.
Sleep Numbers website offers details, photos, FAQs, and images of each Sleep Number bed. They let potential customers compare models across series and have a Live Chat feature that should answer virtually any question. People can also get a quote or make a purchase online and through the Live Chat feature.
Sleep Number sells their beds in Sleep Number stores nationwide. Sleep Number Customer Service was unable to tell me exactly how many stores there are but estimated somewhere near 400.
Sleep Number stores can be found across the country, including Alaska and Hawaii. There are no international stores at the moment.
A sales representative at the store can help anyone who walks in find their Sleep Number and guide them towards the right model. They have a variety of beds out and available for testing if a person wants to feel one before he or she makes a purchase.
Beds come with a 30 or 100 night trial period plus a 25-year limited warranty.
Who Might Want A Sleep Number
- People who like air beds- First and foremost, the core of the Sleep Number bed is the adjustable air mattress. Those who have had a positive experience with air beds, they will probably like what Sleep Number has to offer especially with all of its adjustable features.
- Couples who sleep differently Couples who have different support level preferences may like Sleep Number beds because most beds can be made with dual air chambers that allow each person to decide how firm their side of the bed will be. Some models like the I-10 even have comfort layers that can be adjusted on each side.
- People with physical injuries or medical conditions Whether its a bad back, occasional heartburn or recovery from an accident, Sleep Numbers adjustable mattress, and FlexFit bases allow people to get comfortable easily and then re-adjust when theyre back to normal.
- People who want options and flexibility Individualized comfort is the name of Sleep Numbers game, so its no surprise that people who want to be able to change things up on a nightly basis will like these models. Sleepers can adjust the firmness, pick a model whose layers fit their needs some can even help to sleep cool and they can add a FlexFit base for even more sleeping options.
Also Check: Is A Sleep Number Bed Worth The Price
Adjustable Bed Top Sheets
Top sheets dont have as much trouble staying on adjustable bed frames, but over time they can become untucked as the bed moves. Some manufacturers address this issue with an extra-long top sheet. The length ensures the sheet stays securely tucked in. There are also top sheets that come sewn to the fitted sheet.
Amerisleep Percale Cotton Sheet Sets
Amerisleep Percale Cotton Sheets are a great choice for adjustable beds. With 18-inch corner pockets, the fitted sheet stays firmly on your mattress as the adjustable frame moves. The cotton material has a 300 thread count and is breathable, moisture-wicking, and soft to the touch. They are available in split king sizes.
You May Like: Does Clonidine Help You Sleep
Ratings And Reviews Common Praise
- Couples love being able to personalize the firmness of their side of the bed. The dual air chambers available on most models means that someone who prefers a firmer bed doesnt have to compromise with a partner who likes more cushion. If one person likes to sleep on their side and another doesnt, they have a great solution here.
- People with back problems or medical issues that require them to sit up at different points love the flexibility of Sleep Number beds. They can adjust the firmness of their bed for a couple of nights if needed and can raise/lower the head of their bed with a FlexFit Adjustable Base depending on their current needs.
- There was heavy praise for the longevity and durability of the Sleep Number bed.People came back to Sleep Numbers site to say theyve had their bed for 10+ years and they are still comfortable. Of course, not everyone was able to stay comfortable in their bed for a decade without experiencing issues, but people tended to have their Sleep Number bed for a long time.
RELATED: Best Customizable Mattresses
How To Keep Sheets On A Sleep Number Bed
How to keep sheets on a sleep number bed? Understanding the layout of your Sleep Number bed is essential to knowing how to keep sheets on a sleep number bed.
Although the Sleep Number bed is a comfortable mattress, its flaw is that it doesnt allow for sheets to stay in place on top.
This can be problematic because the blanket always slides down and makes a mess every time someone gets up in the night.
In this article, well discuss how to keep sheets on a sleep number bed and offer other tips for using your Sleep Number bed with ease.
Recommended Reading: Sleep Number Split Top King
Who Might Not Like Sleep Numbers True Temp Sheets
These bed sheets might work well with your Sleep Number bed. But they are certainly not the best option to choose if you dont sleep hot.
Because the technology used in developing these sheets pairs well with the technology used in the construction of the Sleep Number mattress. And it will keep you cool throughout the night.
But this combination is not the best if you dont sleep hot or live in a colder climate. But most of the negative reviews come due to the overall durability of these True Temp sheets. So these are certainly not the sheets that will outlast the apocalypse.
Furthermore, 300 thread count sateen weave sheets are entirely made of cotton, so they dont feel that soft even though they are highly breathable. These are some things you need to keep in mind before buying these True Temp sheets by Sleep Number.
How Does A Sleep Number Bed Work
Yes, the Sleep Number mattress has a lifespan of 20 years. This is a great compromise. Before going into details, it should be clear that the Sleep Number bed is an illustrious air mattress with 2 separate air chambers.
Best bed for bad backWhat are the best beds for back problems? Memory foam beds are an excellent option for preventing or reducing back pain. Memory foam conforms to the shape of your body, especially higher density foams, and offers different levels of firmness, including soft, medium and firm support.What is the best mattress for back issues?Memory foam and latex mattresses are considered the best combinat
Don’t Miss: Can You Put Sleep Number Bed On Slats
Ask And You Shall Receive
Asking for room service is not something you should be nervous about. Instead, it is your right to ask for it. Since you are spending a lot to purchase a service, you deserve to receive a quality customer experience.
You can always ask for a substitute for the bedding, and they will gladly comply with your plea. This option is always available to you. If you have an issue regarding the quality of the hotels service, the majority of hotels will make every effort to be of assistance to you.
Therefore, please do not be reluctant to tell them your issues and communicate what you require from them.
Cost Of Amerisleep Tencel Sheets
Our cool and luxurious Tencel® Sheets with Smarty-Bandzz® technology and a 300 thread count are available in all standard sizes. These sheet sets include one fitted sheet with high-quality elastic around the entire outer edge, one oversized flat sheet, and two pillow covers. The split king set comes with two fitted sheets.
Recommended Reading: Taking Sleeping Pills And Staying Awake
Can I Use Regular Sheets On A Sleep Number Mattresses
Yes, you can use regular sheets on your Sleep Number Bed without any problems. You have the option of buying those sheets from the brand. But if you want to save some money, you can leave the sheets from the brand and use the ones you already own.
Most people think that you need special sheets on Sleep Number beds because they have a difficult time keeping their sheets on these beds. But there are different ways to keep these bed sheets on the bed.
For instance, you can use bed sheet suspenders, elastic bands, and deep pocket sheets. If you add these features to your bed sheets, you will be able to keep your bed sheets on your Sleep Number bed for a long time.
When Do You Know You Cannot Use Your Mattress
Usually, mattresses that are over seven years old do not provide the comfort and support you need on the bed. Once you see there are signs of the surface and support wearing out, or youre feeling uncomfortable in the bed when you are sleeping on it, you would be better off changing it. Some of the common visible signs of wearing are sagging, holes, and tearing. If you cannot get a full nights sleep and feel that youre having a better slumber elsewhere than your bed, you need to start looking for a replacement.
You might buy the most expensive mattress, but if you do not care for it properly, it might not even last ten years. On the other side, ones which are taken care of correctly are known to last more than 15 years.
Also Check: What Happened To Larry From Sit And Sleep
Who Might Like Sleep Numbers True Temp Sheets
Sleep Number has True Temp sheets that you have the option to purchase with your Sleep Number bed. These bed sheets are equipped with the companys 37.5 technology.
With the help of this technology, your sleep surface will continue to adapt according to your body temperature throughout the night. So it is an excellent option for any dreamer to tend to sleep hot.
These bed sheets will automatically regulate your body temperature and keep you comfortable at night. As a result, you can enjoy a good nights sleep .
Moreover, these bed sheets also come with a 30-night trial. It means that you can comfortably use them for a month and test out whether they work for you or not. And if they dont work well, you can always send them back.
Construction And Materials Comparison
The construction of a mattress is of central importance to its feel, performance, and durability. The construction includes both the design of its layers and the actual materials used in those layers.
In general, a mattress can be understood as having two main sections:
- The comfort system is the top part and offers the most immediate effect on feel. It is normally made of polyfoam, memory foam, latex, wool, cotton, and/or polyester.
- The support core is the bottom part of the mattress. It affects the mattress feel and the performance of the comfort system. The support core also helps prevent against excessive sagging in the mattress. It can be made with polyfoam, latex, innerspring coils, or air chambers.
Both the comfort system and support core can be made up of one or more layers that can be the same or different materials. Quality components in each and every layer will help protect against a weak link that drags down the overall mattress performance.
The following sections give an overview of the construction and materials in the Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number beds. While we know the basics about what goes into them, neither company discloses all the specifications of their mattresses, which can at times make it difficult to fully compare their models.
Don’t Miss: How To Burn Fat Sleeping
Supima Cotton Sheet Set
- Sizes available: Queen, King, California King, Split King, Split California King, FlexTop King, FlexTop California King
- Colors available: white, gray
The Supima Cotton sheets from Sleep Number are considered to be the best set of its kind. Compared to other models that have a thread count of 300, this one provides a double figure which basically means double the comfort. These MADE IN GREEN sheets by OEKO-TEX are environmentally friendly, as they are made in sustainable facilities. Upon ordering the Supima set, you will receive one flat sheet, one fitted sheet and two pillowcases. Both the Split King and Split Cal King sets are made of 2 x Twin Extra-Long fitted sheets.
- Not a single bad review.
- High thread count of 600.
- Smooth and identical feel on both sides.
- Color options are very narrow.
- Expensive compared to other Sleep Number bed sheets.
- Sizes available: Twin Extra-Long, Queen, King, California King, Split King, FlexTop King, FlexTop California King
- Colors available: white, gray, taupe, sky blue, blush
As you wash this sheet more and more, you will notice that the amount of lint slowly decreases. But in order to ensure that you benefit from a longer lasting product, proper care is required. Since the surface acts like a magnet, the Winter set needs to be washed separately from other fabrics. Its recommended that you wash the sheets in cold water, with no added bleach or fabric softener.
What Type Of Cover Does It Have
The Sleep Number P5 comes with a plush, breathable knit fabric cover that is simple to clean and maintain.
When washing your cover or attempting to remove stains, use a mild detergent and sparkling water.
Rub the fabric gently with slight circular motions from the outside, inward. Never use any type of bleach or chemicals on your P5 cover.
Recommended Reading: Wyoming King Bedroom Sets
Also Check: How To Sleep With A Uti Infection
Best Sleep Number Base Alternative
*Photo Courtesy of GhostBed
A solid and firm bed base is highly beneficial to a mattress. Uneven surfaces cause the body weight to sink into different spots on the mattress lessening its lifespan. Having said that, choosing an adjustable base that mirrors the impressive features of Sleep Number Base goes miles to unlock the potential of a mattress.
In addition to the adjustable bases highlighted above, another great Sleep Number base alternative is theGhostBed Adjustable Base. It is well-suited to those withsleep apnea,lower back pain as well as couples with diverse comfort preferences.
The base comes with different lower and upper body positions for lounging, watching TV and sleeping around. Its zero-gravity setting is impressive for lower back pain and high blood pressure.
Another impressive feature of the Ghostbed adjustable base has to do with its anti-snore preset. Just like with the other alternatives to the Sleep Number base, this model features dual USB ports and under-bed lighting. We have reviewed it extensively in ourbest adjustable bed frame guide.
An industry-leading 15 massage mode ensure luxurious relaxation. A non-skid surface coupled with a sturdy retainer bar keeps the mattress firmly in place.
The GhostBed adjustable base is available in three sizes the Split King, Queen and Twin XL.
Consider The Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+
Our Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ can be controlled through a remote or an app on your phone. You can also set up to work with voice commands to Amazons Alexa or Google Home, for the complete smart home experience. It comes with special features such as full-body massagers, under-bed lighting.
With a wireless remote or through your phone, you can elevate the head and feet region of your bed to suit your convenience. The mattresss head can be raised by as much as 65 degrees, so you can comfortably sit up and read in bed.
You can enjoy a full-body massage on our adjustable bed. Our beds are equipped with massagers using wave technology to help you unwind, relax, and drift off to sleep. The massager intensity can be controlled with the remote or an app. You can switch on the under-bed lights to illuminate your pathway while you walk to the bathroom.
Our beds are designed with wall glide technology to keep you in place as the base adjusts. Some beds may move you away from the wall when the head and feet are angled, creating a gap between you and the side table. It becomes difficult to reach for water or your table lamp, but wall glide technology ensures you dont move when the bed tilts.
One common complaint with many adjustable beds is a constantly shifting mattress. Our beds include a non-skid surface and a retainer bar to address this concern. The retainer bar allows you to keep your mattress in place as you make adjustments.
Also Check: Sleep Number Memory Foam Mattress