Wayfair Sleep 12 Medium Hybrid Mattress
This 12-in hybrid offering contains both pocket coils and gel memory foam.
Wayfair Sleep suggest that it includes cooling technology, which may help keep people cool throughout the night. suggests that the thermal environment is a vital factor for a good nights sleep.
They also note that it features a breathable and hypoallergenic design.
First Impression: How Does It Feel
Unboxing this product is a relatively straightforward process. All you need to do is remove it from the box and let it inflate by itself.
When you sit or lie on the Nora 12 for the first time, the luxury texture of the cover fabric and the upthrust of the foam will likely be the first things you experience. Most people who try this product out for the first time find its firmness surprising, despite its classification as a medium-firm sleeping surface.
The top layers have little sinkage but are comfortable, and the top foam layers softness is relaxing and soothing to sore muscles. This surface has almost no bounce, which is due to its movement isolation properties.
Wayfair Sleep 12 Plush Innerspring Mattress
This 12-in thick innerspring mattress features 2 in of base foam, 6 in of pocketed coils, and a 3-in layer of foam for the top layer.
Wayfair Sleep suggest that the mattress provides support and limits motion transfer.
It also comes with a 10-year warranty and does not require a box spring. It is also compatible with an adjustable base.
Don’t Miss: Clonazepam Vs Diazepam For Sleep
Excellent Matches For Wayfair
- Back and Stomach Sleepers The medium-firm top foam layers of the Nora 12 reduce the tension on the muscles and arteries when sleeping on your back or stomach. The low degree of sinkage keeps your midsection level with your shoulders and ears, aligning your body to keep your spine in a neutral and comfortable position.
- Value Seekers Unlike most high-end store-bought mattresses, the Nora 12 has an affordable price tag. However, with this product, you get the same luxury fabric feel, durable construction, high-tech foams, and other features that higher-ticket mattresses have to offer.
- Couples This brand offers a wide range of features to make sharing a bed with someone else more comfortable. Couples can choose from a wide size selection and enjoy the latest cooling technology, low motion transfer, and decent edge support.
The Memorial Day Mattress Sales You Don’t Want To Pass Up
As POPSUGAR editors, we independently select and write about stuff we love and think you’ll like too. If you buy a product we have recommended, we may receive affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
It’s no secret that the best time to buy a new mattress is during a major sale weekend, so if you’ve been waiting, now is the time. Thanks to Memorial Day weekend, there are thousands of comfy mattresses on major discount right now the hard part is deciding which one to buy. To make it easier, we scoured through all the choices to find the best deals.
A mattress is a big investment, and you’ll want something that’s worth every penny. That’s why we only rounded up customer favorites with great reviews. It’s time to get the mattress of your dreams from brands such as Casper, Purple, and Nectar. Shop these top picks.
Don’t Miss: Why Does My Baby Breathe Hard While Sleeping
What Are Customers Saying
The Wayfair Sleep 8″ Medium Firm Memory Foam Mattress is backed up by a solid 4.6-rating and 28,263 reviews.
My husband and I had a pillow top spring mattress for 10yrs or so and for the last 5yrs or so all I would do is toss and turn from side to side because my hips would get so sore. I wanted a memory foam mattress but didn’t want to pay thousands of dollars! I found this and thought what do we have to lose. I now don’t wake up at all during the night and I can move in the morning when I do wake up. I am perfectly content with this mattress, reads one five-star review.
Perfect! Followed directions to unwrap and it slowly expanded to a very comfortable mattress. Bought for daughter’s college apartment so wouldn’t have to lug a regular mattress and box spring upstairs and in a car. Highly recommend, reads another.
I weren’t sure of what to expect when I bought these mattresses. However, I was pleasantly surprised! These are so comfortable and I LOVE IT, sleeping all night, no smell so FIRM but comfortable. Starting expanding as soon as I put it on my bed frame, says yet another. Very comfortable. I recommend this to anyone.
List Of Wayfair Sleep Mattresses
Wayfair Sleep offer a large variety of mattresses to cover most needs. The models also cover many different thickness options and support types for most sleepers and sleeping styles.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried any of these products. All the information presented here is purely research-based.
Also Check: Are You Put To Sleep For Lasik
Brand Overview And Reputation
Wayfair started as a small operation in 2002. They have since grown to include a family of companies featuring a large volume of furniture and elements for designing household spaces. The company note that the Wayfair family currently offer over 18 million products.
The brand tout their ability to quickly ship products and the variety of affordable items they offer. However, although reviews are generally positive, some reviews comment on quality issues.
For example, reviews suggest that their mattresses are affordable and offer initial comfort, but that they may experience issues with durability later on. Others note that the 100-night trial that Wayfair Sleep offer is very useful.
The company state that they adhere to a code of ethics and focus on responsible sourcing. They also note that they require suppliers to comply with human and workplace safety laws, maintain transparent records about practices, and allow audits to ensure that they adhere to this code of conduct.
They also state that they have many charitable partnerships, including:
Looking For More Of The Best Deals Latest Celebrity News And Hottest Trends Sign Up For Yahoo Lifestyle Canadas Newsletter
Yahoo Lifestyle Canada is committed to finding you the best products at the best prices. We may receive a share from purchases made via links on this page. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
If you find yourself rolling over to the other side of the bed to find the comfiest groove and waking up to regular, long-lasting backaches, it might be time to replace your mattress. While experts suggest trading in your mattress every seven to 12 years, our bodies are the best natural indicator when it comes to starting to hunt for a new one.
Youve got to listen to your body. If youre waking up with aches and pains throughout the course of the night and youre only at the five-year mark, dont suffer for another seven or eight years, explains Andrew Holmes, a corporate sleep consultant and the founder of Sleep Efficiency.
As a crucial part of sleep hygiene, sleeping on a quality and supportive mattress can instantly improve your sleep, daily productivity and overall health.
Don’t Miss: Sit N Sleep Costa Mesa
How Does It Work
This fan-favourite mattress is crafted with four layers of memory foam to provide the three essential zones of pressure-relieving comfort: head and neck to maintain proper sleep posture, lower back and hips to keep the spine in its natural position and lower legs and feet with soft support for the lighter areas of the body.
Offering a medium to firm comfort level, it also delivers low motion transfer which allows you to sleep peacefully without disruptions even while your partner tosses and turns. Plus, it’s both hypoallergenic and breathable, so even sensitive sleepers can rest easy.
And like all mattresses that ship in a box, the Wayfairs Memory Foam mattress cuts our the time for heavy-lifting and assembly. For easy set-up, simply place the box onto a flat surface in your bedroom and carefully pull the mattress out of the box. Cut the plastic bag along the edges of the mattress and allow a little time for the mattress to expand and bounce into shape.
Each mattress includes a polyester cover and is backed by a 10-year warranty.
Wayfair Sleep 8 Medium Firm Innerspring Mattress
Wayfair Sleep suggest that this thinner innerspring offering can still provide medium firm support.
It is a hybrid mattress, meaning that it contains layers of foam, or another material, with one or more layers of innersprings.
The brand state that this mattress is medium firm. A 2015 review indicates that a medium firm, self-adjusted mattress may be the best for promoting quality sleep, comfort, and spinal alignment.
Also Check: Do Sleep Number Beds Really Help With Snoring
Coupons Trials Warranties And Shipping
- Shipping Wayfair ships large items, including mattresses, via a trusted carrier specializing in handling and delivering large items. Delivery usually takes one to three weeks within the continental United States.
- Trial Wayfair understands that you need time to adjust to your new mattress, which is why the company offers a 100-night free trial. If you dont find the mattress comfortable, you can return it in exchange for a refund.
- Warranty Wayfair offers a 10-year limited pro-rated warranty on the Nora 12 mattress.
Wayfair Sleep 14 Firm Innerspring Mattress
This 14-inch innerspring mattress features a combination of pocket toils and a foam pillow top.
Wayfair Sleep suggest that it provides a supportive design and plush feel.
They also note that the mattress arrives in a box and comes with a 10-year warranty.
Also Check: Is Sleep Number Bed Good For Sciatica
Construction: Whats In Wayfair
This Wayfair mattress stands 12 inches high and consists of four foam layers and a cover:
- The gemstone jade-infused cover is not removable but has thermo-regulating properties, keeping the sleeping surface cool and comfortable. The cover is hypoallergenic and should be resistant to mold, dust, bacteria, and pollen. If you suffer from allergies or skin irritation, this easy-to-clean cover could help alleviate your symptoms.
- The top layer is a 2 inch layer of gel-infused memory foam with a medium plush firmness level. The gel infusions help to dissipate body heat, and the foam contours comfortably around the body, reducing pressure on the muscles and joints, but without forgoing support.
- Underneath the top layer is a three-inch gel-infused memory foam layer with a medium-firm firmness level. This layer also features cooling gel infusions, but its structure is more supporting than contouring. With its higher firmness level, this layer provides the necessary body-aligning support for heavier-set sleepers.
- The bottom two layers are the same. Each high-density support foam layer has a thickness of 3.5 inches with an egg crate design that allows unrestricted airflow through the mattress, preventing heat build-up. These layers can also compress to provide pressure relief, but their primary function is to provide upthrust and structure to the mattress.
Wayfair Sleep Trial And Return Policies
Mattresses come with a 100-night trial. Customers are directed to call Wayfair to return or exchange a purchase theyre unhappy with. Note that only one return or exchange is permitted per order.
According to several Trustpilot reviews , mattress returns did not go smoothly. Some reviewers say they had to pay extra to return a mattress. Wayfair has a 1.5-star rating on Trustpilot.
According to the modified return policy for mattresses, the trial is risk-free and includes free returns. Products excluded from the mattress return policy include air, crib, and open box mattresses.
You May Like: Do You Take Invisalign Out To Sleep
Is It For You
While the majority of customers agree that this mattress very much lives up to its promises, many do touch on its very firm comfort level.
Its a bit firm but my personal taste is a bit softer. I had a few of our friends lay on it to test it out and all the responses were good, says one reviewer.
While another reviewer commented, I’m 5 foot and 110 lbs and this was way too firm. I hardly made a dent!
YahooStyleCA! and and for our newsletter.