Sizing And Pricing Information
Another perk from Sleep Number is they have financing options. For purchases that range from $3,000-$5,999.99, there is a 24-month finance plan you can opt into. The other financing options include 48-month financing on purchases $8,000 or more, or 36-month financing on purchases $6,000$7,999.99, which would work well if you purchased a base, and/or other Sleep Number bedding.
Sleep Number 360 I7 Smart Bed Review
Editors Note: The Sleep Number 360® i7 Smart Bed is no longer available, but I recommend checking out one of its siblings, the Sleep Number 360 i8 Smart Bed, which is another airbed focused on personalization.
Sleep Number is a bedding company that sells mattresses, bedding, pillows, and bases. When it comes to their mattresses, they exclusively sell air beds. You can adjust the beds air pressure with the click of a button and enjoy a personalized firmness level. Even better: Certain bed sizes include two air chambers so you and your partner can sleep on different levels of comfort and support.
Back in 2017, Sleep Number joined the smart bed bandwagon and introduced its 360 Smart Beds series. These beds will automatically adjust your Sleep Number setting and the position of your head and feet in response to sensors monitoring of your movements.
Today we are going to look at the Sleep Number 360® I7 model. When it first came out, Sleep Number boasted how it costs about the same as a traditional memory foam mattress, but offers so much more! Well go into all the extra features these smart beds promise, along with the overall feel and firmness of the mattress itself.
Sleep Number Mattresses Pros And Cons
In a sense, Sleep Number mattresses are just like any other: The top section is the comfort layer, while the bottom section provides support.
But instead of using layers of supportive foam or an innerspring system, the bottom portion of a Sleep Number mattress features an adjustable air chamber. It can be inflated or deflated to your preferred level of firmness.
Unfortunately, Sleep Number doesnt disclose what the comfort layer is made of. Reviewers describe it as cushiony but not necessarily plush. Some Sleep Number mattresses have thicker comfort layers.
Also Check: Flexfit 3 Sleep Number Bed
What We Think About Sleep Number Mattresses
In general, we think you can get a more comfortable mattress for a lot less. But if you insist on Sleep Numbers adjustability because you and your partner cant compromise on a firmness level, and you have a flexible budget, we think only the Performance Series and Innovation Series mattresses and the Cooling Memory Foam mattress are worth considering. The less expensive Classic Series mattresses and the Value Bed lines are just too thin for most people. If you like a plush mattress with good support, then you should spend more for the Innovation Series beds, which have thicker cushioning.
Beyond SleepIQ, Sleep Numbers marketing also touts technology that claims to help you fall asleep faster with a foot-warming feature. You can also theoretically control your partners snoring by raising the upper portion of their side of the bed. However, these features are available only with the companys adjustable bases , which cost between $1,200 and $2,400 for a queen.
Heres how the mattresses themselves compare to one another:
How Much Does A Blood Pressure Monitor Cost
Depending on the type, brand, and set of features, prices for modern blood pressure monitors range between £25 and £125. More expensive devices are usually more accurate and offer a wider set of features such as a Bluetooth interface or a completely wireless experience.
for a list of some of the best blood pressure monitors available in the UK which were featured in our review.
Note: We may receive a commission from Amazon if you buy a presented product after clicking on one of our links. However, this does not affect the neutrality of this post.
Don’t Miss: Modular Base For Sleep Number Bed
How To Choose The Right Model
There are several resources and ways to decide which mattress is the best match.
Sleep Numbers website offers details, photos, FAQs, and images of each Sleep Number bed. They let potential customers compare models across series and have a Live Chat feature that should answer virtually any question. People can also get a quote or make a purchase online and through the Live Chat feature.
Sleep Number sells their beds in Sleep Number stores nationwide. Sleep Number Customer Service was unable to tell me exactly how many stores there are but estimated somewhere near 400.
Sleep Number stores can be found across the country, including Alaska and Hawaii. There are no international stores at the moment.
A sales representative at the store can help anyone who walks in find their Sleep Number and guide them towards the right model. They have a variety of beds out and available for testing if a person wants to feel one before he or she makes a purchase.
Beds come with a 30 or 100 night trial period plus a 25-year limited warranty.
Support Foam Inserts Rails & Toppers For Sleep Number Beds By Select Comfort
- We do not sell Sleep Number® bed foam parts.
Over time support foam parts of a Sleep Number® bed can break down, becoming less supportive and causing bed sagging and rolling to the middle.
Use AIRPRO Nylon Reinforced Support Foam Rails to repair Sleep Number® Bed Sagging by locking the air chambers together and add a Support Foam Insert to take up the extra space inside the mattress cover.
The zippered cover of your Sleep Number® bed can stretch out after years of use much like your favorite pair of jeans. The fabric can become thin or your support foam insert can tear and foam rails may begin to bow out or sag.
Our Support Foam Air Bed Parts and Mattress Covers are designed for use with all Sleep Number® Beds by Select Comfort®, Comfortaire®, Sleep Comfort, Somma, Sealy, Serta, Land and Ski and more.
- We do not sell Select Comfort® or Sleep Number® Brand Support Foam Parts and we are in no way affiliated with Select Comfort® corp.
- We do not sell Boyd®/Boyd Specialty Sleep® and Amnat®/American National® Brand Support Foam Parts and we are in no way affiliated with Boyd®/Boyd Specialty Sleep® and Amnat®/American National® companies.
Read Also: Live And Sleep Memory Foam Mattress
Ratings And Reviews Common Praise
- Couples love being able to personalize the firmness of their side of the bed. The dual air chambers available on most models means that someone who prefers a firmer bed doesnt have to compromise with a partner who likes more cushion. If one person likes to sleep on their side and another doesnt, they have a great solution here.
- People with back problems or medical issues that require them to sit up at different points love the flexibility of Sleep Number beds. They can adjust the firmness of their bed for a couple of nights if needed and can raise/lower the head of their bed with a FlexFit Adjustable Base depending on their current needs.
- There was heavy praise for the longevity and durability of the Sleep Number bed.People came back to Sleep Numbers site to say theyve had their bed for 10+ years and they are still comfortable. Of course, not everyone was able to stay comfortable in their bed for a decade without experiencing issues, but people tended to have their Sleep Number bed for a long time.
RELATED: Best Customizable Mattresses
Owner Review Feedback For Sleep Number Mattresses
Sleep Number mattresses are typically purchased directly from Sleep Number, so thats where we found the majority of the online reviews. Out of the 34 good-quality negative user reviews we collected about the Classic Series , 10 contained complaints about issues related to a lack of cushioning. This included reviewers describing the mattress as too firm, too thin, bottoming out, or having poor pressure relief. Several reviewers pointed out that the c series is especially problematic for heavier-weight sleepers, and others noted the support felt better once they added a mattress topper.
For negative feedback on the Performance Series, we found far fewer complaints related specifically to the mattress thinness . But four out of 26 good-quality negative Innovation Series reviews noted that the mattresses were too firm or offered poor pressure relief. Perhaps this is to be expected, given that these users paid much more for their mattresses and therefore expected more. Three out of the six Cooling Memory Foam owners complained that their mattresses were either too thin, too firm, or lacked pressure relief.
Recommended Reading: Sit And Sleep Torrance California
How Sleep Number Mattresses Compare
The low end of each price range refers to the size noted in the chart. The high end refers to a split or flextop California king bed, unless noted. Split and flextop mattresses are the same pricea split mattress works for a base that adjusts only the upper body a flextop works for one that adjusts to both upper and lower bodyand theyre around $200 to $600 more expensive than a regular mattress of the same size.
|Sleep Number Classic Series||Sleep Number Performance Series||Sleep Number Innovation Series||Sleep Number Memory Foam|
|10 inches||12 inches||13 inches||12 inches||11 inches||10 inches||11 inches|
Modular & Adjustable Bases
Since Sleep Number is all about individualized comfort, it is not surprising that they also make different types of bases for the mattress.
Sleep Number makes one modular base and three different adjustable bases for their mattresses: FlexFit 1, FlexFit 2 and FlexFit 3.
Note: A Sleep Numbers modular or adjustable base is not the only base that works with a Sleep Number mattress. All one needs to have is a flat and sturdy surface for the mattress or the individual may potentially void his or her warranty.
You May Like: Are You Put To Sleep For Lasik
Is The Sleep Number 360 I7 Smart Bed Right For You
Now that weve discussed everything you need to know about the Sleep Number 360® i7, here is a summary of why it could be good for you:
- You sleep hot. Sleep Number 360® i7s temperature-regulating technology seems to do the job, and is especially unique given memory foam is typically know to retain heat.
- You love memory foam.The 360® i7 is the only Sleep Number bed that is memory foam. If youre a memory foam fanatic, this would definitely be your pick!
- You want to add tech to your bedroom.Theres a lot included with this bed, from the in-app integration to responsive air technology and adjustable head and foot positions . If you know youre someone who likes data and technology to enhance your sleep experience, the i7 like all Sleep Number smart beds has what youre looking for.
Disassembling The Adjustable / Modular Base
Don’t Miss: Best Magnesium Cream For Sleep
Top Budget Sleep Number Mattress: The Sleep Number Classic
The Classic series is the most basic collection from Sleep Number and is the most affordable option as a result. These mattresses have thinner layers between the air chamber and the top of the mattress, resulting in a firmer feel that may not suit everyone.
The Classic series features a choice of two mattresses: the c2 and the c4 models, with the main difference being the thickness of the comfort layer within the mattress design.
Sleep Number S1 And S3 Value Bed Series Review
The Value-bed Series also known as the Legacy series consists of the s1 and s3 beds. This is the only dumb series of beds. This doesnt get categorized under the Sleep Number 360 Smart Beds. Nevertheless, s1 and s3 are kind of semi-smart because they still have Dual Air and SleepIQ technologies. The only smart technology that it lacks is the Responsive Air technology.
1. Sleep Number s1 Bed Review
Major Features of the s1 bed
- This is the most basic, entry-level Sleep Number bed
- Thickness: it is 10 thick thats 2 thicker than the 8 c2 mattress
- Firmness: it is one of the firmest with a 6-7 reading on the firmness scale. This is the same firmness as the Sleep Number c2
- Comfort layer: it is 1.5 thick and is the thinnest out of all Sleep Number beds. The 5-zoned comfort layer is designed to contour around the body and to reduce stress on pressure points on the 5 zones head, neck, lumbar area, hips, and feet
- Price: $999 for a queen size bed
- Smart technologies: The s1 is a semi-smart bed it has the SleepIQ technology that measures your heart rate, how long you slept etc. But it doesnt have the Responsive Air technology that is responsible for automatically changing firmness
- Dual Air technology: yes, the two partners can have their own independent firmnesses/Sleep Numbers on queen and king sized models. However, you get only 1 remote controller for the whole bed.
2. Sleep Number s3 Review
Major Features of the s3 bed
Don’t Miss: Best Sleep For Weight Loss
Sleep Number Trial And Warranty
Sleep Number offers a 100-night trial that begins the day your new mattress arrives. The company asks that you give yourself 30 nights to adjust to your new mattress.
If youre not happy after 30 nights and before the 100-night trial ends, you can contact the company to arrange a return or exchange. This is a necessary step, as Sleep Number must authorize all returns. Some accessories, including bases, cant be returned.
Shipping and delivery fees apply for any permitted returns. In some cases, the only available return shipping option may mean the product is picked up by Sleep Number at your cost. Returns cant be processed in retail stores.
Sleep Number mattresses have a 15-year limited warranty against defects in material and workmanship under normal use. If you have a claim during the first warranty year, you dont have to pay for repairs, but you may be responsible for shipping fees.
Costs go up significantly after the first year. Through year 11, youre responsible for paying 30 percent plus 5 percent for each year from the date of purchase if you have a claim. From year 11 to year 15, youll pay 85 percent of the costs if you have a claim.
Warranties vary for Sleep Number accessories.
Sleep Number Bed Model Ratings Prices Specifications And Comments
- Not included in the prices below is shipping which can be free or $200.
- Not included in the prices below are temporary sale prices or promotions.
- Not included in the prices below is a base / foundation . It is not necessary to buy a Sleep Number foundation as any foundation / box spring capable of properly supporting the mattress and sleeper will suffice. Failure to use an adequate foundation, however, will void the mattress warranty.
- Not all mattress sizes are necessarily included below.
You May Like: Queen Sleep Number Adjustable Bed
Additional Benefits Of Sleep Number Beds
1. Conforms to your body
Similar to a memory foam mattress, Sleep Number air beds can conform around your body if you dont set it to too firm a setting
2. Light weight
Sleep Number AIR mattresses are feather weight compared to most latex, memory foam and spring mattresses
3. No off gassing
Especially on memory foam mattresses, there can be a slight rubber-like/chemical smell during the first couple of days, but not on Sleep Number mattresses
4. Ready to be used
No need to let the mattresses decompress to their original thickness once delivered to your home . You can sleep on it as soon as it is assembled
5. Great after-sales service
Good customer service, parts readily available and easily repaired. However, it is not uncommon to see people complaining about long waiting times with Sleep Number support.
6. Decent motion isolation
Motions/waves created by your partners twisting and turning wont reach you. The bed kinda absorbs the shocks! Not the best motion isolation in the industry, but pretty good.
7. USA Product
Most parts are made in the USA
8. Good therapeutic support
Browse Sleep Number I7 Bed Customer Reviews
Have a i7 360 smart bed. Slept good for two nights and havent slept since. Do not buy this bed if you like to sleep next to someone else. My wife sleeps at 75 and on this bed. I go to sleep at 20 and wake up at 5. Which is laying on the box spring. My wife either wakes up because she is falling down the hill towards me, or because she has to climb back up the hill to get comfortable. I wake up with the wind knocked out of me and with another bruise, or because the box spring isnt comfortable. If youre number is more than 20 different. Not sure why this wasnt part of the sales process. I will never recommend this bed to anyone I like.
I bought my mattress in Oct and have been sleeping like a baby since. Its magical!!!
Best Bed EVER!!!
I purchased the I7 Sleep Number around 1.5 months ago. This has been the best bed that I have ever owned! My back pain has nearly vanished and my sleep number score varies between 87-96 each night so that means I am actually sleeping throughout the night rather than tossing. I love this bed and would recommend it to everyone!
NO BACK PAIN
My Wonderful Wife Bought the i7 with the adjustable platform about a month ago. We absolutely love sleeping in it. The best rest for sure.
Excellent nights sleep
Sleeping so much better!
So comfortable, that I never want to leave:)Verified Purchaser
Also Check: Sleep Outfitters Labor Day Sale