Delivery Warranty And Returns
The Value Bed line ships free via UPS. Other lines can be delivered in-person for $200. You can pick a day and time window based on availability, and, if all works well, Sleep Numbers Comfort Service Home Delivery service team stops by with your mattress, configures the air pumps and app, and shows you how everything works. However, the delivery team missed my window twice because of New York City traffic . I received my bed on the third try, only to find out that I had been given a one-chamber instead of a two-chamber mattress, as requested. For my re-order, with the help of the Sleep Number public relations team, I was able to confirm a morning delivery and received the correct mattress without a hitch. To be fair, despite my experience, customer service wasnt a big pain point among the user reviews we analyzed.
Theres a 100-night free trial for all new Sleep Number mattresses, but you need to sleep on one for 30 nights before filing for a return. Plus, if you decide to return the mattress, theres at least a $200 fee to cover transportation costs. If you ordered an adjustable base with your mattress, that base cannot be returned.
Troubleshooting And Replacement Costs
Asupport section with content and videos to help with replacement costs and troubleshooting is available on the company’s site.
Need assistance identifying the replacement part needed? Have a warranty claim? Users that need assistance with troubleshooting or replacement parts shouldcontact the company.
Sleep Number Announces Latest Advancement In Sleep And Wellness With Sleepiq Technology Software Update
MINNEAPOLIS—-May 20, 2019–
Sleep Number Corporation , the leader in sleep innovation and inventor of the revolutionary 360® smart bed, today announced the latest update to its SleepIQ® technology platform. SleepIQ, the 360 smart beds operating system, detects sleep disturbances, movements, and biometric changes, and then automatically adjusts the beds firmness throughout the night to deliver proven quality sleep. The new software update provides detailed, individualized insights based on lifestyle, sleep habits, and biometric data to help people better understand the factors that influence their quality sleep.
Yemeni rebels say Saudi-led airstrike on prison killed 70
SleepIQ® technology now delivers personalized, daily insights fueled by individual biometrics to empower health and well-being.
As a smart durable with connected technology, we are continually advancing the 360 smart beds overall experience through software updates, said Annie Bloomquist, Chief Product Officer, Sleep Number. The personalized insights now available through SleepIQ are further demystifying sleep and empowering our customers with actionable knowledge to fine-tune their daily habits and improve their overall health.
The SleepIQ Experience now includes:
SleepIQ technology is at the core of every Sleep Number 360® smart bed. This advanced SleepIQ technology experience is now available for download by Sleep Number customers on the Google Play and Apple app stores.
Read Also: Sleep Leggings For Weight Loss
Selecting A Bed And Preparing For Delivery
If you’re seriously considering getting a 360 Smart Bed, I strongly suggest speaking with one of the company’s Sleep Professionals, who can assess your needs, give you a rundown of the different models and features, and help you pick the best model for you.
Sleep Number’s beds are expensive, but the company often runs promotions, so wait for a deal if you can. At the time of this writing, it’s offering $800 off 360 Smart Beds as part of a fall sale. The company also occasionally waives its $199 premium delivery and setup fee, which is otherwise required with the purchase of any 360 Smart Bed.
To make the cost more manageable, Sleep Number offers financing options through Synchrony Financial starting at $45 per month. For peace of mind, the company also offers a 100-night trial and a 15-year limited warranty.
Before receiving my review unit, I was a little nervous about whether it would work with my current bed frame, and I’m happy to report that it does. The FlexFit base needs to sit directly on the floor, but in many cases, can be dropped into your existing bed frame, as is the case with my setup. Sleep Number says it won’t work with platform furniture and frames with under-bed storage.
The bottom of the base
Inside The Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed
The best part about the Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed is its customizability. That starts with the various configurations available for the bed itself. I tested the $3,800 king FlexTop P6 mattress, the $2,100 FlexFit 1 traditional base and two $850 DualTemp mattress pads. All together, that comes to $7,600.
Whether it’s a king or a queen bed, the 360 Smart Bed by Sleep Number, with optional accessories like the FlexFit 1 base and the DualTemp pads, is expensive. See how it stacks up against other connected beds in the chart below.
Read Also: Do Calories Burn While Sleeping
How Long Do Sleep Number Mattresses Last
According to Sleep Number, the mattresses should last at least 15 years. However, your mileage may vary. Some reviewers say the mattress lasted them about 10 years, while others say theyve had their Sleep Number for 20 years. Other reviewers report that the mattress didnt last them very long at all and that they experienced sagging issues.
Sleep Number Mattress Reviews
Learn why people have been turning to Sleep Number beds for decades to satisfy their customizable bed needs.
In This Review
When it comes to adjustable airbeds, Sleep Number is probably one of the first brands that comes to mind. Sleep Numbers luxury adjustable mattresses are perfect for couples or people who are just looking for their ideal level of firmness or comfort. There are 5 mattress collections in Sleep Numbers arsenal, and we are going to explore each in depth, so keep reading for a deeper dive.
Also Check: Best Deals On Sleep Number Beds
Sleep Number C2 Bed Customer Service
Sleep Number is one of the few companies where you can receive immediate support 24/7. To get in touch with a Sleep Number representative at any time, visit sleepnumber.com and click on the Live Chat button located at the bottom right of the screen.
You can also contact them at 1-888-411-2188 from 8 A.M. to 8 P.M. Monday to Friday and 8:30 A.M. to 5 P.M Saturday.
Sleep Numbers customer service team is friendly and knowledgeable. Every time we have reached out to ask them a question, weve received helpful answers right away. Heres what customers have to say about Sleep Numbers customer service.
- We just ordered our new Sleep Number C2 and I cannot wait for it to get here. We had a great store experience and the bed was super comfy. -Terri J.
- Recently my Mom was looking at a magazine and she decided to call the Sleep Number office and talked to a sales woman named Darlene. If it wasnt for her continually contacting my Mom to find the best offer, then she wouldnt have gotten it. Shes so happy to have it now. People that delivered the bed were very cautious, kind, and considerate. Thank you Miss Darlene for being there for me and helping my Mom get her bed. -Steven W.
Is The Sleep Number C4 Right For You
Now that weve spelled out all you need to know about the c4, here are the main reasons this mattress might work for you:
- You know you like firm beds. You have to really love firm beds to get down with the c4. The comfort layer helps provide some cushion, but youre mostly going to feel like youre sleeping on something really firm. This would potentially work great for a side sleeper. If youre a stomach sleeper, you should probably avoid the c4.
- You sleep with a partner.This bed adjusts on either end, which can be a lifesaver if you know you love something super firm, but your partner needs just a little bit more cushion. Your Sleep Number setting will help alleviate some of the firmness if you or your partner are craving a little more give.
- You want pressure relief in your head and neck.Not a ton of people spoke to the contouring qualities of the comfort layer piece, but those who did specifically said it did a fine job molding to the curves in their head and neck, providing pressure relief and alleviating unwanted aches and pains.
Read Also: What Are Sleep Number Beds Made Out Of
Sleep Number: Need To Knows
Before we dive deep into the c4, heres some quick background on Sleep Number itself. The company Sleep Number is owned by a large, public corporation Select Comfort Corporation. Even though thats a large corporation, if you dig around Sleep Numbers website, you might find it gives off the feeling of being a smaller, more personal brand, not uncommon among smaller bed brands like Purple and Casper. In a way, it reminds me of Allswell, the relatively new online-only mattress brand that emerged from Walmart.
Today, Sleep Number is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where all their bedding products are designed, manufactured, and distributed. There are additional manufacturing and distribution facilities in South Carolina and Utah. And they dont only sell mattressesthey also have bed bases, sheets, mattress pads, pillowcases, pillows, and more.
Now, onto the c4 itself!
Who Might Not Like A 360 Smart Bed By Sleep Number
- People who are not into technology. A 360 Smart Bed requires a wifi connection to work, and the accompanying app requires a smartphone to use. If youre not big into technology or dont love the idea of having a connected bed, a 360 Smart Bed is likely not the best option for you.
- People who love memory foam. The 360 Smart Beds feel different from a traditional memory foam mattress option because they include layers of material over an air chamber. They may not have the same sinking, enveloping feeling that memory foam traditionally provides.
- Couples who like to cuddle while they sleep. Because the larger mattresses have two separate air chambers for adjustable firmness, many people report that theres a valley or division in the middle of the bed. This can feel uncomfortable to lie on.
- People working with a limited budget. The 360 Smart Bed series is quite expensive, starting at $999 for a mattress alone . Someone on a limited budget may want to look into less expensive options.
Also Check: Do Sleep Number Beds Come In Queen Size
New Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed: Price Release Date
The new Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed was unveiled at CES 2022, but you wont be able to purchase it until 2023. Gutting, right? It’s priced from $1,099, which puts it at the lower end compared to the cost of the brands other sleep tracking mattresses.
Sleep Number has also announced a range of smart bedroom furniture to accompany the new 360 Smart Bed. These include mobility aids to help people who may need assistance getting in and out of bed.
The star of Sleep Numbers smart furniture show looks like an extra-tall headboard and surround with built-in shelves, but theres more than meets the eye here. Its designed with ambient lighting to support your circadian rhythm , plus individual white noise and noise reduction tech to block out noisy neighbours and other sleep killers.
Common Praise & Complaints
After reading reviews from many Sleep Number users, here were the most common themes when it came to things they loved and things they loathed:
Those who loved it said:
- Its great for couples. Many reviewers said this bed worked great for couples, because one person often liked the bed really firm, and the other needed a little more softness. Luckily, the Sleep Number adjustability allows some to get a little extra give by moving their number down a new notches, helping both people sleep well while still allowing those firm-bed lovers to sleep on the bed they desire.
- Its easy to figure out. A hose..a pump..a remote. It might seem like the c4 is more complicated than it needs to be. Instead, many people noted that it was a lot more intuitive than they anticipated, and the design of how the control system tucks inside the bed made it a lot easier to use than they thought.
- The comfort layer was comfy.Customers spoke about the comfort layer often, saying its plush, contouring qualities complimented the firm bed really well. They did say the wanted more though, so if you know you like extra cushion, I would recommend some Sleep Number beds with more cushion material, like the p6 or i8.
Those with common complaints said:
Read Also: Parachute Down Side Sleeper Pillow
Common Praise: What Makes These Mattresses Stand Out
- For many, the Responsive Air technology is a nice benefit. One buyer wrote, The bed also takes any pressure away while I sleep! Great technologies!
- Those with adjustable bases enjoy being able to sleep with their head and/or feet elevated. I am sleeping better because of head elevation. It helps me breathe better and sleep more restful, one review says.
- Some people like the app that accompanies the mattresses and the data it collects about their sleep. The two best features we like are the ability to use different sleep settings and in the morning comparing our sleep quality stats, one review says.
Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed 202: Features
The new 360 Smart Bed builds on the benefits of the existing Sleep Number smart mattress range, while promising next-gen slumber and wellness tracking. It’s focused on being accessible to all, but youll have to buy the accompanying bedroom mobility aids to get the most out of that.
An individuals sleep health needs change throughout their life, and as people undergo milestones, they need solutions that help them live healthy, independent lives, said Annie Bloomquist, Chief Innovation Officer at Sleep Number. Learning from over 13 billion hours’ worth of proprietary sleep data, our newest 360 smart beds will support sleep health at every stage.
Milestones here include pregnancy and ageing, but Sleep Number also has its eye on pinpointing your future risk of developing sleep issues such as insomnia.
That data was used to create “high-tech textiles, antimicrobial components and graphite infused foam.” The latter is nothing new many of the best cooling mattresses and cool mattress toppers already use graphite but its still a welcome addition for sleepers who always suffer from broken sleep because they overheat in bed.
It gets better for hot sleepers too, as the new Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed actively monitors body temperature to create microclimates, in addition to tilting the bed to improve airflow by elevating your head slightly.
Youll find foot warming, snoring detection and general sleep tracking here too.
You May Like: Sleep Number Bed Split King Size
Purple Mattress + Power Base
ThePurple Mattress + Power Base features a unique technology with a design and feel unlike others. The company’s Comfort Grid technology performs well in terms of pressure relief and spine alignment.
The Power Base is neatly done to elevate a user’s sleeping experience. Its combination with the mattress offers adjustable positions and full-body massage for the lower and upper body to enhance a restful sleep at night.
This Sleep Number bed alternative is a great choice for hot sleepers, courtesy of its open-grid comfort layer that dissipates heat. Some of its other impressive features include under-bed lighting, anti-snore position, zero gravity setting, customizable positions and a smooth, resonant-frequency massage.
What Foundations Or Bed Frames Can Be Used With Sleep Number C2
Sleep Number beds require a flat, firm, durable surface to adequately support the mattress. Platform beds and adjustable bases are the best options. Sleep Number sells both adjustable bases and an integrated base for use with their mattresses. Box springs and slatted foundations are not recommended for the Sleep NumberC2 mattress.
Recommended Reading: Sit N Sleep Customer Service
Sleep Number Warranty Vs Ghost Smartbed Comparison
According to Sleep Number, they have so much confidence in their products’ quality that they offer awarranty of up to 15 years. The company’s A+ BBB rating further enhances the warranty. This warranty period was reduced recently from the initial 25-year warranty.
Note: Sleep Number offers two distinct 15-year mattress warranties, one for what they term as Value Beds a.k.a Comfort mattresses and another one for 360 series Smart Beds. For the smart beds, the warranty covers a firmness control system and SleepIQ software and hardware.
Sleep Number warranty is prorated meaning that the company covers the replacement or repair cost only during the first year. Once this period lapses, buyers will foot part of the cost.
Here’s a summary of the Sleep Number warranty
· Day 1the day before 1st anniversary – No cost to the buyer
· 1st anniversarythe day before 11th anniversary – Buyers pay 30% + 5% for every full ownership year
· 11th anniversary to 15th anniversary Buyers pay 85%
GhostBed mattresses are covered by Nature’s Sleep industry-leading 25-yearwarranty. During this period, the company will replace or repair any mattress, component or part should it be defective because of structural defects or faulty workmanship. The warranty is subject to the company’s conditions and limitations as contained in the warranty.
Here’s a summary of the warranty
· First 10 years No cost to the buyer
Does The Sleep Number C2 Bed Sleep Hot
The Sleep Number C2 bed does not sleep hot. In fact, it is one of the coolest mattresses on the market. The air chambers allow body heat to fully dissipate away from the surface of the mattress. And with only 2 of foam between your body and the chamber, it doesnt hold any excess heat.
Ample airflow makes the Sleep Number C2 an excellent mattress for those who sleep hot. However, temperature regulation can be difficult for those who run cool. If you find yourself cold during the night on a traditional innerspring mattress, the C2 might not be warm enough for you.
For those who sleep cool, consider opting for a Sleep Number bed with thicker comfort layers. Alternatively, try the Sleep NumberFLEXFIT 3 adjustable base. It has a foot warming setting that keeps your body temperature a bit warmer. Paired with flannel sheets and a warm comforter and even cool sleepers will enjoy a cozy nights sleep.
You May Like: Perfect Sleeper Sandburg 11.5 Firm Mattress