Top Adjustable Bed Frames
Our testers come from a variety of weight groups and sleeper types so that we can accurately gauge who will prefer each adjustable bed. Our choices are based on a combination of in-depth research and product testing. We also examine each models value, features, and warranty information. Below our top picks, youll find the buyers guide which highlights the pros and cons of adjustable beds and explains more about how they work, what they offer sleepers, and how to find the best one for you.
Its important to note that not all mattresses are compatible with adjustable beds. Mattresses with firmer feels or dense coil systems may not offer enough flexibility for owners to truly take advantage of their adjustable beds customization. Additionally, most of these bases are not compatible with twin size mattresses. The best mattresses for adjustable beds include memory foam, latex, and hybrids with softer feels and more flexible designs.
Who Makes A Good Reliable Mattress
Weve done some extensive digging, and weve narrowed it down to are some of the best mattresses on the market. Built with quality materials, these beds offer exceptional comfort and pressure relief. Here are some alternatives to consider:
1. Saatva Mattress fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2021.
2. Amerisleep great for responsive pressure relief.
3. Puffy feels like youre sleeping on a cool cloud .
4. Ghostbed beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
5. Winkbeds 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Sleep Number Bed Losing Air Replacement Air Chamber
As mentioned earlier, Sleep Number is popular for adjustable mattresses. The mattresses which are actually air beds are connected to a hose and pump making it effortless to inflate and deflate the bed to achieve the desired level of comfort.
While adjustability is a great feature to a user, it means that airflow resulting from movements can result in holes or tears that cause the bed to lose air. Such an occurrence shouldn’t deny users quality sleep. Fixing the issue is possible in three ways, chief among them replacing the air chamber the other two being: checking on the firmness control system and fixing a loose hose.
Fixing or replacing an air chamber leak is somewhat more complex compared to solving a cap or hose issue. The prudent thing to do is to seek professional help at the nearestSleep Number location.
When it comes to Ghost SmartBed, it features a long-lasting, medical-grade air chamber. The air chamber has five individual zones on both sides of the mattress to ensure both partners enjoy the utmost comfort. What is for sure is that these chambers are highly customizable to the desired needs of users.
Recommended Reading: Donating Sleeping Bags To Homeless
Avoid Sleep Number If
- You need extra support. Sleep Number beds tend to support less weight than an innerspring mattress.
- You don’t want to rely on an app or technology for your bed. While Sleep Number has a solid reputation for quality, it’s possible for things to go wrong. There are occasional reports of remote malfunctions and air loss issues. If you want to keep things basic, look for a standard bed.
Who Might Want A Sleep Number
- People who like air beds- First and foremost, the core of the Sleep Number bed is the adjustable air mattress. Those who have had a positive experience with air beds, they will probably like what Sleep Number has to offer especially with all of its adjustable features.
- Couples who sleep differently Couples who have different support level preferences may like Sleep Number beds because most beds can be made with dual air chambers that allow each person to decide how firm their side of the bed will be. Some models like the I-10 even have comfort layers that can be adjusted on each side.
- People with physical injuries or medical conditions Whether its a bad back, occasional heartburn or recovery from an accident, Sleep Numbers adjustable mattress, and FlexFit bases allow people to get comfortable easily and then re-adjust when theyre back to normal.
- People who want options and flexibility Individualized comfort is the name of Sleep Numbers game, so its no surprise that people who want to be able to change things up on a nightly basis will like these models. Sleepers can adjust the firmness, pick a model whose layers fit their needs some can even help to sleep cool and they can add a FlexFit base for even more sleeping options.
Also Check: Where Can I Buy Pure Sleep
Finding The Best Price
Sleep Number frequently offers deep discounts during seasonal sales that can save you several hundred dollars. Be sure to check that the discounted mattress is eligible for the same warranty as full priced beds. Before you go shopping, check out the sale prices and ask about arrangements for financing.There is also a factory outlet, which offers beds that are sold at closeout prices. These discounts may be due to design changes or style updates, but they still have the same dual chamber technology.
What We Think About Sleep Number Mattresses
In general, we think you can get a more comfortable mattress for a lot less. But if you insist on Sleep Numbers adjustability because you and your partner cant compromise on a firmness level, and you have a flexible budget, we think only the Performance Series and Innovation Series mattresses and the Cooling Memory Foam mattress are worth considering. The less expensive Classic Series mattresses and the Value Bed lines are just too thin for most people. If you like a plush mattress with good support, then you should spend more for the Innovation Series beds, which have thicker cushioning.
Beyond SleepIQ, Sleep Numbers marketing also touts technology that claims to help you fall asleep faster with a foot-warming feature. You can also theoretically control your partners snoring by raising the upper portion of their side of the bed. However, these features are available only with the companys adjustable bases , which cost between $1,200 and $2,400 for a queen.
Heres how the mattresses themselves compare to one another:
Recommended Reading: Pinnacle Sleep Center Richland Wa
How Do I Find My Sleep Number
A Sleep Number can be determined either before or after purchasing a Sleep Number bed. It will really all come down to what feels right to the individual.
Those who want to know their number before purchasing a mattress, they can visit their closest Sleep Number store and have a sales representative walk them through the process. At the store, the person will rest on a Sleep Number bed and they will inflate/deflate the floor model till they find a comfortable spot.
After purchasing a Sleep Number bed and having it delivered and set up, individuals can use the remote it comes with to start determining their Sleep Number. Instructions are provided Sleep Numbers website some of the steps include asking the sleeper to lie in their waking up sleep position and letting the mattress to go from soft to firm and back from firm to soft. This way can identify which firmness level is best.
Enough about numbers, lets talk about whats actually in a Sleep Number bed.
All Sleep Number mattresses come with one or two air chambers. These air chamber use a pump to bring in air that will inflate or deflate the chamber based on the individuals Sleep Number setting. Sleep Number calls this feature DualAir technology.
The higher the number the firmer the mattress will be. When there are two air chambers, each person can adjust the amount of air in their air chamber based on their personal preference.
360® Smart Beds Responsive Air Technology
Which Is Better Sleep Number Or Tempurpedic
The best sleeping position for lower back pain
- BACK sleeper: A firmer Sleep Number® setting helps align your spine.*
- stomach sleeper: A firmer Sleep Number® setting helps support your lower back.*
- side sleeper: A softer Sleep Number® setting cushions and supports curves.
Recommended Reading: Do Sleep Number Beds Sleep Hot
Don’t Miss: Sleep Number Winston Salem Nc
Sizing And Weight Options
A heavier mattress will be more difficult to move, which is a factor for people who expect to relocate with any frequency. The height of a mattress can affect how well your sheets fit as well as how easily you can get in or out of bed, which is a primary concern for people with knee, hip, or back pain.
Choosing the right mattress size has a direct impact on your comfort in bed, the space in your bedroom, and the total price youll pay. Most mattresses are available in the six standard sizes twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king but there are exceptions within the Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number product lines. Some models are not offered in smaller sizes, and more specialized non-standard options are available for many mattresses.
Are Adjustable Beds Good For The Elderly
Adjustable beds are a worthwhile investment for different types of bedrooms. However, they are more beneficial for the elderly suffering from various chronic medical conditions as well as therapeutic injuries. These beds are mainly found in hospitals, but many manufacturers also make them for internal use.
Don’t Miss: Tempurpedic Mattress Versus Sleep Number Bed
Most Popular Sleep Number Beds
The most popular beds in the Sleep Number brand are the Classic 360® c2 and the Innovation 360® i8 Smart Bed. The first makes the list because it offers a lot of design for the price. The second does because it has every Sleep Number bell and whistle they offer.
The Classic 360® c2 is the baseline model among all Sleep Number 360 beds. No fancy foam layers. No expensive base. Just 2 inches of fabric and foam on top of the eponymous, adjustable air chamber that basically makes a Sleep Number bed. Its affordable for a Sleep Number mattress and you can still adjust ho firm it feels. Its a budget option, but one with the most attractive mattress feature Sleep Number sells.
The Innovation 360® Smart Bed i8 is 12 inches thick with a soft and breathable fabric cover. The 6-inch comfort layer in the i8 uses two different types of foam for support and pressure relief. There is also a special material in the surface of the mattress that releases heat so the mattress keeps its cool. This bed has the dual air chambers that you can adjust to find the right firmness, SleepIQ® tracking, the temperature-balancing surface and the Responsive Air® feature that will add or release air as you shift at night to make the bed more comfortable.
Sleep Number Bed Reviews Problems & Alternatives Guide
The smart bed industry has grown tremendously in the recent past. According toAllied Market Research, the smart bed market is estimated to get to $3,833.6 million by 2030. Multiple factors have propelled this market’s growth including an increased preference by athletes, consolidation of IoT in this tech, increased incidences of diseases and a rising elderly population.
Smart beds feature sensors and a host of technologies that gather data regarding an individual’s sleeping patterns. Additionally, these beds track heart rate, body movements, sleep duration and breathing patterns during sleep. All the information sent to a smartphone provides countless insights to improve sleep quality, further helping improve cognitive performance.
We have done severalsmart mattress reviews and now want to review these two companies leading the smart bed market areSleep Number andGhostBed. Their beds bring with them excellent features such as anti-snoring, customizable adjustable bases, smart home connectivity, smart fabric tech, climate control, auto mattress firmness adjustment and sleep tracking.
Recommended Reading: Nectar Sleep Memory Foam Mattress
Smart Bed 25 Year Limited Warranty
This warranty includes all Sleep Number 360 smart bed mattresses and Sleep Number 360 smart bed integrated bases and frames purchased after January 1, 2017.
Once again, we suggest that you read the full warranty policy on the website. There are some key notes:
- Sleep Number will essentially cover the cost of a manufacturing or product defect in full for the first two years of the warranty.
- There are several things you can do to void your warranty. Some of these include tampering with the Firmness Control system or remotes, staining/damaging your mattress with liquids or fluids, ripping off the legal tag, opening the remote and forget to keep your original receipt .
- After the first two years, you are responsible for a portion of the price needed for any repairs or replacements to your mattress or base.
Also Check: Do Sleeping Pills Make You Lose Weight
Adjustable Bases Vs Smart Beds
As we noted above, smart beds appeal to many people because they offer customizations and extra functions beyond a standard mattress. But buying a smart bed isnt the only way to make your sleep setup more customizable. You might also consider an adjustable base, which lets you lift the head and/or foot of the mattress to elevate certain parts of your body and tailor the support to your activities and preferences. Heres a closer look at the pros and cons of adjustable bases.
Don’t Miss: Sit And Sleep Adjustable Beds
Sleep Number 360 P5 Smart Bed
- Price: $$
- Type: adjustable air bed
- Height: 10 inches
Designed for pressure relief, the p5 Smart Bed has a 4-inch comfort layer that contours to your body. It has all the same adjustable features as other Sleep Number mattresses.
Close to 12,000 reviews rate this mattress 4.7 out of 5 stars. Again, over 9,000 of these reviews are 5 stars. Reviewers praise the mattresss comfort and adjustability.
Unhappy customers describe the mattress as noisy and uncomfortable.
Ratings And Reviews Common Praise
- Couples love being able to personalize the firmness of their side of the bed. The dual air chambers available on most models means that someone who prefers a firmer bed doesnt have to compromise with a partner who likes more cushion. If one person likes to sleep on their side and another doesnt, they have a great solution here.
- People with back problems or medical issues that require them to sit up at different points love the flexibility of Sleep Number beds. They can adjust the firmness of their bed for a couple of nights if needed and can raise/lower the head of their bed with a FlexFit Adjustable Base depending on their current needs.
- There was heavy praise for the longevity and durability of the Sleep Number bed.People came back to Sleep Numbers site to say theyve had their bed for 10+ years and they are still comfortable. Of course, not everyone was able to stay comfortable in their bed for a decade without experiencing issues, but people tended to have their Sleep Number bed for a long time.
RELATED: Best Customizable Mattresses
Read Also: Baby Sensitive To Noise When Sleeping
Sleep Number P5 Mattress Technology Details
The 11 inches high P-5 is one of Sleep Numbers Performance Series mattresses. The bed depending on the size you get comes with either one or two air chambers. The air chambers are what expand and contract according to your Sleep Number setting. This will decide the level of support your mattress renders. It is constructed of Rayon/polypropylene blend that is smooth and long-lasting
Beneath the mattress cover and above the air chamber you will find a 2 PlushFit foam comfort layer. This 2 foam layer has five special zones for body contouring and relieving pressure in the head/neck, shoulders, lower back, hips, and feet.
Specifically affixed two inches of Intralux comfort material in Sleep Number p5 gives you relief even as you make movements on the bed. Its three unique zones provide soft cushioning, support your body and pacify you into a gentle, relaxing sleep.
No Initial Bad Smells
In the mattress industry, there is a term called off-gassing. Its used rather widely by both mattress providers and customer reviews, as well.
Now, I have to be honest with you – when I first heard this expression, I had someDifferent ideas for what it might mean. I mean, read the word out loud yourselfYa, I know.
Apparently, though, the meaning behind this term is rather simple – when you see some Sleep Number bed reviews referencing off-gassing, keep in mind that that stands for the initial odors that a mattress may have right after you unpack it back at your place.
Now, this is somewhat of a tricky subject – some mattress smells linger for only a few hours, while others may smell like hell for weeks to come. Also, it really does depend on the material that the mattress is made of – natural and organic mattresses have a nicer smell than those of, say, foam. That said, they are usually the ones that off-gass more, too.
All of that said, if we were to believe Sleep Number mattress reviews, this isnt going to be a problem youd have to deal with.
You see, Sleep Number specializes in air mattresses– inflatable beds that have a layer of polyfoam on top of them. This type of mattresses are usually used for when you have guests over, or when you move a lot and cant afford to purchase a 100lbs mattress to drag around everywhere you go.
Latest Saatva Coupon Found:
You May Like: Hypnosis Lose Weight While You Sleep
How Much Is A Sleep Number Bed
When a product is introduced that encompasses new technologies and advances in an industry, there typically is a price tag associated with it that reflects the quality of the features you are receiving. It is important to look into what the cost of a something is actually referring to in order to break down exactly what you are getting, and if it is worth it.
Details such as material quality, what it claims to do, customer support and satisfaction guarantee, and warranty coverage are all part of what you are paying for. The Sleep Number bed entered into the sleep industry in the late 1980s with a very new approach to sleep comfortably.
They have always been known to be a bed worth a significant investment, but have survived through the years due to excellent quality control. With the various changes they provide to keep up with new technology, the question surrounding how much is a Sleep Number bed is one that surfaces quite often.