Best Mattress Stores 2022
Editors Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures page.
There is no dearth of choices when it comes to buying mattresses, online or offline. You have the option of visiting your local brick and mortar stores. Alternatively, theres always the choice to sit back and order online. Be warned, there are dozens of brands, and hundreds of stores and that can be confusing to figure out best mattress store. From where do you get the best deal or the mattress of your choice? Read on. This guide should help.
If you live in the San Diego metro area, make sure to check out the Sleep Sherpa San Diego mattress showroom where you can try the most popular online brands and get exclusive discounts and offers.
Rem Air System Wired Compatible With Sleep Number And Select Comfort Air MattressesItem:Total:$311.22**
* We will collect the Import Fees Deposit at the time of your purchase and manage the customs process from there. Learn more
** The total may change depending on the chosen shipping option and items in cart during checkout.
|Item dimensions L x W x H||26 x 15.2 x 10.2 centimeters|
Also Check: Antidepressants For Sleep And Anxiety
Sleep Number Mattresses: An Honest Assessment
Weve updated this guide with information on new temperature-balancing features in Sleep Numbers 360 Smart Bed line and the forthcoming Climate 360 Smart Bed.
Spending thousands of dollars on a mattress that, by volume, is mostly air may sound as ridiculous as paying inflated prices for bottled water. But with some marketing magic and a few enticing extras, real or imagined, anything can happen. Sleep Number, the most successful brand in the adjustable air-bed category, offers 11 models with varying levels of cushioning, all of which can be puffed up to your desired firmness level with just the touch of a button. If you sleep alone and have a consistent firmness preference, Sleep Number is an overpriced option. But for couples with vastly different tastes in mattress firmness, those adjustable, air-filled chambers could be worth it.
Don’t Miss: Sleep On Latex Pure Green Mattress Review
Where Can I Buy Sleep Number Bed
You can order your bed on www.sleepnumber.com and have it delivered to your physical address. Or, you can purchase one from a Sleep Number store near you.
To find a store near you, select the store button on the right-side end of the Sleep Number menu. You will be led to a Find a Store page where you enter your city, state or zip code, and then click on the search symbol. Alternatively, click on the use my current location button. You will be provided with a list of stores near you including their operating hours and phone number.
Read Also: Sleep Number Bed Base Dimensions
What Happens To Returned Mattresses
At Mattress Advisor, youll find comprehensive, unbiased reviews on the best mattresses and bedding products and thoroughly researched tips for getting your best sleep.
Did you ever wonder if your new mattress is only new to you? Read on to learn what happens to returned mattresses and how you can be sure the new mattress you paid for is not a pre-owned model.
Even if youve done all your research youve read up on mattress construction and materials, perused countless Mattress Advisor reviews, scoured customer feedback, even tried out your favorite mattress in a showroom there is still a small chance that you will not be happy with your mattress once you set it up and sleep on it for several nights.
Mattress companies, especially those that sell directly to customers online, warn that all mattresses need to be broken in by actually sleeping on it night after night. In fact, it can take as long as a full month for your body to adapt to a new mattress and the mattress to lose its factory feel. Thats why some companies require you give their mattress a shot for a minimum number of days usually around 30 before you can return it.
But even after 30 days, you might still feel unsatisfied and want to send your mattress back.
Read Also: Peeing In Your Sleep Meaning
Refunds And Returns: Us State Law
Many states in the U.S. have general laws governing mattress refunds, although not all of them offer guidance on how such laws should apply to their residents who buy beds-in-a-box from out-of-state retailers online. Below are a few examples of U.S. state laws addressing mattress refunds:
- Mattress retailers in California are required to clearly post online their refund policy unless they offer a full cash refund, store credit, or exchange within 7 days of the purchase date. Failing this requirement, buyers may return the mattress for a full refund within 30 days of the purchase.
- Mattress retailers in Florida that dont offer refunds must post online this fact where customers can see it. Failing this requirement, buyers may return the mattress for a full refund within 20 days of the purchase.
- In the state of Illinois, residents may cancel mattress transactions within 3 business days for door-to-door sales, gym memberships, and campground memberships.
In most cases, regardless of how a mattress retailer establishes its own return policy, the conditions of such a policy must be prominently displayed at the place of purchase and respective websites for it to be considered valid.
Below are summaries of state laws governing refunds of mattress retail sales items:
Owner Review Feedback For Sleep Number Mattresses
Sleep Number mattresses are typically purchased directly from Sleep Number, so thats where we found the majority of the online reviews. Out of the 34 good-quality negative user reviews we collected about the Classic Series , 10 contained complaints about issues related to a lack of cushioning. This included reviewers describing the mattress as too firm, too thin, bottoming out, or having poor pressure relief. Several reviewers pointed out that the c series is especially problematic for heavier-weight sleepers, and others noted the support felt better once they added a mattress topper.
For negative feedback on the Performance Series, we found far fewer complaints related specifically to the mattress thinness . But four out of 26 good-quality negative Innovation Series reviews noted that the mattresses were too firm or offered poor pressure relief. Perhaps this is to be expected, given that these users paid much more for their mattresses and therefore expected more. Three out of the six Cooling Memory Foam owners complained that their mattresses were either too thin, too firm, or lacked pressure relief.
You May Like: Split Night Sleep Study Medicare Guidelines
Customization Options And Special Features
Customization options and features vary based on the Sleep Number collection and include:
- Flexfit, which allows users to raise their partners head to reduce snoring.
- Under-bed lighting, which helps users find their way around at night safely with additional illumination.
- Adjustable positions, which raise or lower portions of the bed to adjust the users overall sleeping experience.
- Foot warming, which provides targeted, adjustable heat at the foot of the bed.
What We Think About Sleep Number Mattresses
In general, we think you can get a more comfortable mattress for a lot less. But if you insist on Sleep Numbers adjustability because you and your partner cant compromise on a firmness level, and you have a flexible budget, we think only the Performance Series and Innovation Series mattresses and the Cooling Memory Foam mattress are worth considering. The less expensive Classic Series mattresses and the Value Bed lines are just too thin for most people. If you like a plush mattress with good support, then you should spend more for the Innovation Series beds, which have thicker cushioning.
Beyond SleepIQ, Sleep Numbers marketing also touts technology that claims to help you fall asleep faster with a foot-warming feature. You can also theoretically control your partners snoring by raising the upper portion of their side of the bed. However, these features are available only with the companys adjustable bases , which cost between $1,200 and $2,400 for a queen.
Heres how the mattresses themselves compare to one another:
Read Also: Does Sleeping A Lot Make You Lose Weight
Refunds And Returns: Us Federal Law
While state laws primarily address the issue of returned mattresses, theres no federal law that requires a mattress retailer to refund money. Per most state laws, refunds are subject to the established mattress store refund policy at the time of purchase, unless the purchased mattress is found to be useless for the purpose of which it was intended. A customer changing his/her mind after making a mattress purchase, such as deciding they want a bed with coils , is not the fault of the retailer and the latter cannot be held responsible.
In broad terms, most mattress stores do offer refunds. Its usually pursuant to a bed store policy which explicitly that returns are to be extended, in order to strengthen its brand in the community but this is simply a mattress store policy not a federal law.
What To Look Forward To
In 2022, Sleep Number is releasing its Climate 360 Smart Bed, which is said to be responsive to both temperature and firmness preferences. The company says the bed will have sensors to measure sleep-tracking data like your heart, heart-rate variability, and breathing rate. Among other features, the mattress will automatically adjust firmness in response to your movements, and warm or cool the bed based on your body temperature. Sleep Number also now offers a kids bed.
Further reading on mattresses
Also Check: Sleep Number 360 C4 Smart Bed Reviews
Returned Mattress Laws And Refunds
Synopsis: Nearly every consumer has returned a purchased mattress for an exchange, refund, or store credit at least once. Usually, the experience is quite normal, although sometimes mattress returns dont always go the way wed like them to. But while mattress retailers arent required to accept returns , certain laws establish the disclosure of return and refund policies in the U.S.
How To Tell If Your Mattress Is New
How can you tell if your mattress has already been bought, used, and returned by another customer? While there are laws in some states that restrict the resale of pre-owned mattresses, some deceptive mattress companies will try to get around the rules. And in some states, there are very loose regulations of the bedding industry, so consumers in those states are left with few protections from shady vendors.
There are many unscrupulous parties that just take a used mattress, sew a new cover on it, dont sanitize it, sell it as new and dont disclose it, said Chris Hudgins of the International Sleep Products Association.
So how can you tell if a mattress that is new to you is actually new?
Read Also: How Long After Botox Can I Sleep On My Side
Mattress Exchanges & Returns
There are three ways we can work with you to help you find the best sleep system:
- We can modify your existing mattress. For instance, if your mattress is too firm but otherwise comfortable, we can provide a topper to create more cushion while maintaining the current level of support.
- We can help ensure you have the proper frame and center support for your mattress. .
- We can identify another Brooklyn Bedding mattress that may work better for you and simply exchange your sleep system. Standard shipping on all exchanges is free. Prices between mattress models may vary.
- If were unable to find the optimal sleep solution, we can refund your money in full. Please note that shipping charges to Hawaii, Alaska and Canada are non-refundable.
If you purchased your mattress from one of our stores, please contact the store manager at that retail location. A list of addresses and phone numbers can be found here. To get started with an online order, you can email us at or call us at or you can begin the documentation process for an exchange or return by clicking here.
You May Like: Sleep Number Bed 50 Off
Product Description From King Koil:
Watch GoodBed’s overview of the King Koil World Extended Life product line-up here:
With high quality comfort and purposeful design, King Koil aims to deepen the honest connection between home and rest. King Koil is more than a mattress – we are an essential element of daily well-being and in a way a home all on its own.
In 1898, Samuel Bronstein realized his dream: he founded United States Bedding in St. Paul, Minnesota. What started out as six employees in a small factory has steadily grown. Throughout the early 1900s, US Bedding added employees, expanded manufacturing and became innovators in the industry. During the 1930s, US Bedding greatly improved the bedspring and was looking for a new name for its product. The King Koil name was born.
As time has passed, the technology has changed, but the level of commitment to quality and service has remained the same. Along the way, King Koil has received many prestigious distinctions, including endorsements from the International Chiropractors Association .
Today, King Koil mattresses can be found in more than 90 countries throughout the world, with its worldwide headquarters located just outside of Chicago, Illinois.
Our Mattresses: We strive to achieve best-in-class quality and comfort by pursuing the latest sleep technology. We are committed to designing, sourcing, manufacturing and selling the best quality sleep products at the best value.
- Free delivery
You May Like: Tmj And Sleep Disorders Of Michigan
The Sleep Number Value Beds
The Value Bed line is Sleep Numbers bed in a box option. The company is planning to discontinue it in the near future, but for now, given the current coronavirus crisis, it has gained in popularity because of its contact-free delivery. The Value lines s1 and the s3 mattresses cost about the same as the beds in the Classic line, but they have a quilted cushion layer . That quilted layer is zoned to cater to various pressure points there are five different cushioned areas in the s1 and seven in the s3. The company doesnt divulge details about its foam, so were not sure how the zones differ. But we do know that this comfort portion isnt thicker than the 2 inches we found wanting in the Classic lines entry-level c2, and the air pump sits on the floor, as opposed to being integrated into the mattress itself, like with the other lines. And although the Value line comes with SleepIQ technology, the Value Beds dont have the smart feature that allows them to conform to your body as you shift positions. We havent tried this line, but given how spartan the c line felt, we cant imagine that any amount of quilting or zoning would compensate for the thin comfort layer.
Biggest Online Mattress Stores
- Amazon occupies top slot, offering Nectar, Leesa, Lucid, Serta Tuft & Needle and Zinus brand foam, latex, hybrid air-water and innerspring matters with free delivery. You have a 30-night sleep trial period.
- Costco offers innerspring, foam, latex and hybrid mattresses in Sealy, Serta, Tempur-Pedic, Stearns and Foster and Simmons brands with free delivery.
- Overstock is one store to consider for innerspring, foam, latex, hybrid and air mattresses in Sealy, Serta, Tempur-Pedic, Stearns and Foster and Simmons brand. Free delivery in the US but you cannot return mattresses that have been used or removed from packaging.
- US-Mattress is another online resource for innerspring, latex, foam and hybrid mattresses in Restonic, Sealy, Serta, Tempur-Pedic, Stearns and Foster and Simmons brands. Free delivery is available nationwide in the US. You get a 100-night sleep trial with exchange facility but no returns. If you exchange a mattress, you pay any price difference if the one you choose is a higher priced one, in addition to $139 processing fee.
Read Also: Sleep Number 360 C4 Reviews
Product Description From Nectar:
The Bed of Your Dreams
At Nectar, we’ve aligned all our efforts around one simple promise: The best sleep of your life, guaranteed.
- COOL AND COMFORTABLE SLEEP: Nectars top layer of quilted memory foam stimulates air flow beneath your body, while the Tencel fabric wicks away unwanted heat and moisture.
- IDEAL SUPPORT FOR ANY POSITION: Nectar gives you the support of a firm mattress while pampering you with the comfort of a pillow top. Premium materials ensure it perfectly contours your body.
- DUST MITE PROTECTION: Specially designed materials mean youll never have dust mites
We’ve taken the recent advances in mattress and fabric technology and run with them. Our 4 layers of flexible foam meet the CertiPUR-US standards for being free from ozone depleters, PBDEs, TDCPP, mercury, or lead. Having figured out the optimal levels of firmness, coolness, breathability, and comfort – we put them all into one mattress, making it the best mattress you’ve ever slept on. Period.
- TENCEL COOLING COVER: Helps circulate air and wick away heat while you sleep.
- QUILTED GEL MEMORY FOAM: Contours perfectly to your body while providing loft and increased air circulation.
- GEL MEMORY FOAM: Distributes your weight evenly, offering cool, contouring support.
- ADAPTIVE HI CORE MEMORY FOAM: Supports your body, as only recovery foam can, providing crucial rebound and bounce.
- BREATHABLE BASE LAYER: Reinforces the contouring and support layers, giving you a stable, breathable foundation.
Product Description From Serta:
Company description from Serta:
Serta and its licensees together are the #1 mattress manufacturers in the United States. Serta’s product portfolio includes the Perfect Sleeper, which is the Only Official Mattress of the National Sleep Foundation, and the iComfort Sleep System, both named Consumers Digest Best Buys. Serta through its licensees also manufactures the iSeries Hybrid Sleep System and the exclusive Bellagio at Home mattress collection.
As the leading provider of mattresses to the hospitality industry, Serta partners with hotel groups such as Hilton Worldwide, Marriott International, Intercontinental Hotels Group, Choice Hotels International, Best Western International, Omni Hotels and Resorts, as well as Bellagio Las Vegas. Serta has 23 U.S. and four Canadian manufacturing plants. In addition, Serta is distributed internationally in more than 150 other countries. With its worldwide network, Serta is able to respond quickly to customers’ needs while still preserving strict control standards to ensure the highest quality. For more information, visit www.serta.com.
The Counting Sheep
Serta launched the Counting Sheep national campaign in 2000 and it has been a success with consumers nationwide ever since. In 2008, the Serta Counting Sheep were selected by Advertising Week as the Advertising Icon of the Year. The reluctant brand icons were later immortalized in the Advertising Icon Hall of Fame.
For more information, visit us at www.serta.com.
Read Also: Reviews Of Eight Sleep Pod