Zenna Latex Mattress Best Value
- Material: Pure European latex core with 100% natural latex
- Size: Single, King Single, Double, Queen, King
- Adjustable firmness
Latex mattresses shouldnt have to cost an arm and a leg and with Zenna pure latex mattress, it doesnt have to. With the queen size costing just under $1600 with free shipping, it certainly doesnt get any better. And just like our top pick , the Zenna pure latex mattress has also received the 2020 Mattress Award from Productreview.com.au.
Made from 100% natural latex block with no layers or filler material, it gives you true latex mattress experience supportive, bouncy yet comfortable without the hefty price tag.
The mattress is made using all-organic eco-friendly Oeko-tex class 1 and Euro latex and adheres to strict European standards. Additionally, it is certified by ECO INSTITUT, Germany, which ensures the latex mattress is 100% natural and free from hazardous particles. The Zenna comes with its own zip-off bamboo cover that is very soft, breathable and is machine washable.
The Zenna mattress has seven different support zones to ensure the necessary parts of the human body are supported well. For example, there is a soft zone for the hip area and a firmer zone for where the head lays. In the default configuration, the mattress is rated as medium-firm and it can be flipped for a firmer feel.
Further, one designer for Zenna said This bed really represents the best value that I have ever seen.
What We Love About The Pure Green:
- Sleep On Latexs Pure Green Mattress gives sleepers custom firmness and thickness options. Choose between the 6 or 8 version of this naturally hypoallergenic mattress, and decide which of their three firmness levels works best for you.
- This is a 100% natural mattress from an organic cottonmattress cover and wool fire barrier to the natural latex foam within, you can rest assured that youre sleeping on one of the best mattresses for your health and that of the environment.
- The Pure Green Mattress is an incredible value. Youll be hard-pressed to find a 100% organic mattress at a lower price point.
- Latex, cotton, and wool are breathable materials that naturally keep you cool all night long. The Pure Green mattress is an excellent choice for those who sleep hot.
- With free shipping and returns , you can try out this mattress with zero financial risk. You wont pay anything unless you decide to keep it.
How Much Does A Latex Mattress Cost
The retail price for most latex mattresses ranges from $1,300 to $3,000, although there are options that fall higher and lower than that range. In general, latex beds cost more than foam, innerspring, and hybrid options and less than airbeds.
Some factors that influence the price of a latex mattress include:
- Type of latex: Natural latex is generally more expensive than synthetic or blended latex. Among natural latex products, Talalay tends to cost more than Dunlop.
- Type of mattress: All-latex beds on average will cost more than latex hybrids, although there are plenty of exceptions.
- Organic certifications: Receiving an organic certification can require extra steps for a manufacturer, so a certified organic product often has a higher price.
- Other materials: The type and quality of other components, such as the cover, can influence the final price.
Don’t Miss: Sleep Trained Baby Crying Again
Is It Good For Couples
It has a medium firmness level that accommodates most sleeping positions, and a hybrid design that suits most body types. For that reason, we think its a great mattress for people who want an accommodating and versatile bed. However, youll also want to consider edge support and motion isolation when you sleep with a partner.
Latex Mattress Options03 Nov 201: 48#2
||Hi NH,Did you mean Savvy Rest or Saatva in your post? Additionally, it would be helpful if you could post more accurate information about your experience instead of run around in circles. Posts like yours tend to come across more as attempts to purposely disparage a particular brand or product, as opposed to useful contributions to the forum or requests to solve problems/issues.PhoenixResearching for a mattress? Be sure to read Click here for if purchasing from Our Trusted Members.For any mattress questions on our forum|
||The Costco Sleep Science 9 Natural Latex mattress uses good quality materials but can be somewhat more costly than other mattresses that use the same materials and have a very similar design that are made by some of the manufacturers that are members of this site and sell latex mattresses online listed in post #21 here .Hi Phoenix, can you please fix the link for post#21? I am very interested to see alternative member manufacturers with similar mattresses. Thanks so much!|
Dont Miss: Sleep Number Bed Split King Size
Also Check: Are Sleep Number Beds Worth The Price
Latex For Less Video Review
Watch the video below to see how the Latex for Less performed when put to the test in the Sleep Foundation Lab.
- Choose a 7-inch mattress if you prefer sleeping on mattresses with exceptionally low profiles. Some sleepers find shorter mattresses more comfortable. These typically include adults who weigh less than 130 pounds, as well as children. Since this model is so short, both sides of the mattress are fairly firm you may have a harder time distinguishing between the medium and firm feels.
- Choose a 9-inch mattress if you would like a slightly thicker mattress. The 9-inch Latex for Less Mattress is still considered a low-profile bed, but the additional two inches offer extra padding and support for people who weigh 130 pounds or more. The differences between the beds medium and firm feels are more noticeable on this model.
Is There A Weight Limit
There is not a set weight limit for the Idle Latex mattress. Due to the durable materials and customizable firmness options, we think this bed would be great for all body types.
Lightweight sleepers and average weight sleepers who want to sink into the bed should choose the medium-firm, while heavyweight sleepers and those who want to sleep on top of their mattress should choose the luxury firm.
Recommended Reading: Sleep Number Warehouse Odenton Md
How Long Will A Latex Mattress Last
You can expect a well-built all-latex mattress to last for eight years or longer. These mattresses are the most durable on the market, outlasting most foam, innerspring, hybrid, and airbed models.
A well-constructed latex hybrid should last for six years or longer. Their lifespan is similar to most foam mattresses and slightly better than most other hybrids, innersprings, and airbeds.
The design of the mattress and the quality of the materials will both have a key role in determining the expected useful life of a latex mattress. Natural latex tends to last longer, especially if it is arranged without any thin or low-density layers.
The stress placed on a mattress can impact its durability. More weight applied to the mattress increases strain, so couples and people with a higher body weight may find that their mattresses do not last as long. Significant activity on the mattress, such as from sex or from a child jumping on the bed, can wear out latex and other materials more quickly as well.
A latex mattress with high-quality materials often costs a bit more at the outset, but because it lasts longer, it can provide a better value over time. In addition, with coupons and promotions regularly available even for top mattresses, investing in one of the best latex mattresses can be done without blowing way past your budget.
What To Look For In A Latex Mattress
Weve already covered the central characteristics of latex mattresses: bounce, moderate conforming, and limited heat retention. For some customers, these are a major benefit, but for others, there can be insufficient contouring or motion isolation.
As with all mattress types, latex mattresses have benefits and drawbacks. Mattress companies try to construct their products to cut down on those drawbacks, but those initiatives often have mixed or minimal impact.
When considering latex mattress options, its worth zooming in on the factors most likely to determine whether you wind up with a bed that you love. Weve described these factors below, and you should think about which ones have the highest priority for you.
You May Like: Stomach Sleeper Memory Foam Mattress
Sleep On Latex Mattress Reviews
Amazon customers rate the Sleep On Latex mattress favorably, with an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars. Many reviewers mention how they swapped from memory foam to the Sleep On Latex style, finding the latex foam more comfortable. In particular, people with back problems eliminated pain and found they slept better. However, several product reviewers did highlight that the mattress had a smell from the latex.
In comparison, a Spindle latex mattress rated slightly higher at 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon. No reviewers mentioned a smell from the latex, but the Spindle latex mattress was more expensive to buy than the mattress from Sleep On Latex.
Some Amazon reviewers and one reviewer on Trustpilot said there was hardly any motion transfer with the Sleep On Latex mattress. This reduction in motion is beneficial if you are a restless sleeper. Sleep On Latex also has a Better Business Bureau rating of A+.
Natural Latex Organic Latex And Other Certifications
There are many labels for latex that youll find thrown around in the descriptions of these mattresses. It can get confusing, so heres a quick guide:
- 100% natural latex means the material is not made with any SBR latex. However, as we stated above, there are curing agents that can make up 5% of the total material. The other 95% or more must be derived from natural tree sap.
- Organic latex has undergone a process that shows that its production process is in accordance with the standards established by whatever organization is providing the certification. The Global Organic Latex Standard is one well-regarded standard.
- Rainforest Alliance is another certification that is not the same as organic but also focuses on safe environmental standards.
- Certifications like GREENGUARD, ecoInstitut, and OEKO-TEX are used to demonstrate that a material does not have harmful chemicals or emit dangerous volatile organic compounds .
Also Check: Replacement Mattress For Sleep Number Bed
Browse Sleep Science Customer Reviews
NEEDS GOOD FOUNDATION – dont use bunky board!
We bought this mattress over a year ago…had no idea that they sold a separate foundation. Spent months replacing the bunky board we got from Crate and Barrell 2 times and dealing with back pain, even called the mattress mfr. The mattress mfr said they recommend their foundation instead of bunky board. Ordering it today, hopefully it will take care of the problem but paying $50 more than if I bought them together from the start. They need to update the description and recommend the foundation if they don’t buy it separately OR don’t even sell the mattress alone. Description said it needs a ‘solid’ foundation…what does that even mean? I had a hard time trying to find a bunky board that is solid wood from many retailers. Crate and Barrel’s new bunky board is made of compressed cardboard! A painful process, but I like the mattress.
Works well for us
The mattress is definitely on the firm side but we both find it about right. After 11 months, the bed seems to be wearing very well… no signs of change in feel or shape. The adjustable bed is used in zero gravity every night for one of us and not used at all for the other. The adjustable bed works well for back sleepers but not side or stomach sleepers.
Six years later, we still love it!
Not so great!!
very good customer services
Super Comfortable great support
Helps with my back
Comfortable..natural latex adjustable
Ghostbed Natural Latex Mattress Overview
Now, this ones for the sleepers who want a natural latex mattress that uses sustainable but comfortable materials. This GhostBed review will focus on the GhostBed Natural mattress and who we think it suits best stick around to learn if its worth it for you.
Here are the basics you should know about GhostBed Natural:
- Utilizes natural and organic materials including organic latex, organic cotton, and natural wool.
- Medium firmness level is softer than many latex foam beds and is suitable for all sleeping positions.
- Hybrid construction makes GhostBed Natural suitable for petite to heavy body types.
- Bouncy, springy latex hybrid mattress feel.
Don’t Miss: Sleep Number Store Amarillo Tx
Best Latex Mattresses For 2022
You can’t beat latex mattresses for durability, sustainability and pressure relief.
Known for its buoyancy, pressure relief and durability, latex has gained remarkable popularity as a mattress material over the past decade. All-natural latex is especially favored over synthetic latex, as the material is also highly sustainable. Latex mattresses usually outlast traditional mattresses by several years, and are biodegradable even though they have outstanding longevity. And for those who detest strong, chemical smells, latex mattresses bring zero off-gassing into your home.
Latex comes from the sap of rubber trees, also called rubber serum, which is collected, foamed, poured into molds and baked into pure latex layers. Each rubber tree can be harvested for about 24 years, and it isn’t necessary to cut down the tree to collect sufficient sap, nor does it harm the tree.
Then, depending upon which form of latex is being made, another of two processes is followed to make the final latex used in mattresses: Dunlop or Talalay.
Our Health & Wellness newsletter puts the best products, updates and advice in your inbox.
If you’re in the market for a latex mattress but you aren’t sure which kind to get, our latex mattress review list below will help narrow down your options. Prices listed are for nonsale queen-size mattresses.
Isolates Motion Rather Well
According to some researches, more than half of Americans report that they sleep less than 7 hours per night. Among other factors such as stress and sleep-related diseases, having a restless partner by your side is a huge reason for why that might be the case.
If you do sleep with a person who tends to toss and turn all night long, Sleep on Latex reviews will tell you that your best bet in salvaging your sleep is a mattress that absorbs motion pretty well. Usually, these would be foam beds – that said, latex mattresses are known for this feature, too.
Motion isolation does exactly what you might think – it absorbs the motion that you make in your sleep, and doesnt transfer it to the other side of the bed, where your partner might be sleeping. This allows both you and your significant other to get a good nights rest.
Customer Sleep on Latex mattress reviews are mostly positive in this regard – the majority of people who have bought and slept on the bed claim that it is great at absorbing motion, and if thats your biggest concern, you should rest at ease.
Recommended Reading: Sleep Number Credit Card Review
Disadvantages Of Latex Beds
The following list of complaints explain what people are most likely to dislike about these types of beds.
Firmness Excessive firmness is most commonly reported by owners when they initially purchase their bed, although only 10% of owners have complained that their bed is too firm. Checking Impression Load Deflection information before buying can give you added insight, as higher ILDs mean firmer foam while lower ILDs mean softer foam. Many mattresses are more firm in the first few weeks of use. You may need to break the mattress in a little to reach your desired firmness.
Compression Compression, when the mattress forms imprints where the person generally sleeps, has been reported by approximately 10% of the owners of all-latex beds. This issue is less frequently found in beds made with 100% natural latex foam.
- This occurs with other types of mattresses about 25% of innerspring and 15% of memory foam owners complain about impressions.
- Compression is more likely to occur on a mattress shared by two people as both are more likely to sleep in the same spot every night.
- These impressions do not affect comfort or support much on latex, but can limit natural movement of the sleeper.
PRO TIP: Make sure the mattress has a breathable cover, like natural cotton or wool, to allow maximum air flow.
Best Mattresses For Side
Side-sleepers generally feel most comfortable on medium-soft to medium mattresses. These are plush enough to cushion the shoulders and hips, but supportive enough to keep the spine aligned. The all-foam Loom & Leaf has a cradling, not-too-sinky feel, and the Leesa Hybrid is slightly firmer and more resilient. And those who insist on a really pillowy mattress might like the Serta Perfect Sleeper Kleinmon II . Our guide to the best mattresses for side-sleepers has more recommendations.
*At the time of publishing, the price was $2,200.
Recommended Reading: How Often Do Sleep Number Beds Go On Sale
How Does The Pure Green Mattress Compare To Other Beds
We encourage all mattress shoppers to compare different brands and models in order to determine which bed is best for them. In this next section, well see how the Pure Green Mattress stacks up to some all-latex models from other major brands.
Pure Green Mattress vs. Avocado Green
The Avocado Green is a latex hybrid model. The mattress contains comfort and transitional layers made of natural Dunlop latex, along with 8-inch pocketed coils that give the mattress exceptional support and responsiveness.
The Avocado Green is available in a standard 11-inch profile, which has a firm feel, or a 13-inch pillow-top profile with a slightly softer medium-firm feel. These options allow customers to select their preferred option, but the Pure Green Mattress offers a wider selection to accommodate more buyers across different body types and preferred sleep positions.
The Avocado Green outperforms the Pure Green Mattress in other areas. Its pocketed coils circulate air very well, resulting in excellent temperature neutrality, while the thick coils ensure very strong edge support and minimal sinkage.
The Pure Green Mattress is considered a top-value mattress due to its very low price-point, whereas the Avocado Greens price is more comparable to the average all-latex or latex hybrid model. Costs aside, the Pure Green Mattress offers more firmness options, but sleepers will likely feel more supported on the Avocado Green due to its higher profile and robust coil system.